Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible (1221 Views)

Bluehost Web Host Is Now Less Than 13k, Offer Ends May31st / How Do I Deal With My Dubious Web Host? / 5 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Web Host Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Ctn09: 11:02am On Jan 27, 2019
Last year I migrated to WordPress, but not up to 2 months my site downtime badly increases.
Now I want to go back to Blogger(my site don't have any special features) . Or should I change host?
Please I need suggestions
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by cooljoe13: 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2019
You should Chang host not going back to blogger. I guess you are either using a Nigerian host or one of those inefficient foreign host.

I can recommend a good foreign host if you don't mind

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by femijay8271(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2019
cooljoe13:
You should Chang host not going back to blogger. I guess you are either using a Nigerian host or one of those inefficient foreign host.

Pls can you tell me one because am just planning to create a music blog with a foreign host
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Ctn09: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2019
cooljoe13:

Thanks a lot. Actually is Nigeria host, which foreign host you recommend.
Thanks
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by cooljoe13: 1:43pm On Jan 27, 2019
I would recommend MifiHost, reliable and affordable. Make my work for it. You can go for the laugh plan. Thanks
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by kenniefawole(m): 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
cooljoe13:
I would recommend MifiHost, reliable and affordable. Make my work for it. You can go for the laugh plan. Thanks
cmon get out of here , mifihost ko wifihost ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by kenniefawole(m): 1:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ctn09:
Last year I migrated to WordPress, but not up to 2 months my site downtime badly increases.
Now I want to go back to Blogger(my site don't have any special features) . Or should I change host?
Moving back to blogger is like adding up to your problem , juts jejely go and get a year plan from Blue Host
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Goddady hosting issa goal

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by cooljoe13: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2019
kenniefawole:

cmon get out of here , mifihost ko wifihost ni

SMH. That's the issue with most people. They can't give opinion without insult.

I recommended what I feel was right, if you are not satisfied then recommend yours. He needed an advice / opinion not insult.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by cooljoe13: 3:18pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lol. Op go for my choice and you won't regret.

I would advise you read up the reviews of any web hosting recommended to you first.

I am a heavy user of the web space with over 50 website and the host MifiHost has always been my choice.

Thanks
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Trizzi: 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
Ctn09:
If you blog doesn't have any special features, go back to blogger stop wasting money on hosting.

The money you will make on paid host, is the same you going to make on blogger.
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2019
Trizzi:

If you blog doesn't have any special features, go back to blogger stop wasting money on hosting.

Echooool::::::: go with namecheap

I fault you on this. Nothing beat WordPress as far as blogging is concerned... Check the top ranking blog that occupied all SERP front page... How many blogger blog do you see? The day of blogger blog is over.. Get serious man.
WordPress has army of coders who make everything simple for u to the point that search engine can't resist you.

Takes for instance your your Android phone and blackberry phone. Your Android phone has access to millions of apps on play store, this apps are freely provided by independent developers why on your blackberry phone you are limited with the follow come apps.
The only way you can be okay with blogger blog is when you can code features your self which most times is a waste of time.. Energy u put into blogging.
Lastly their server issue not connecting to glo and glo remains one of the largest base in terms of data
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by henryobinna(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2019
fastseo:

Echooool::::::: go with namecheap

I fault you on this. Nothing beat WordPress as far as blogging is concerned... Check the top ranking blog that occupied all SERP front page... How many blogger blog do you see? The day of blogger blog is over.. Get serious man.
WordPress has army of coders who make everything simple for u to the point that search engine can't resist you.

Takes for instance your your Android phone and blackberry phone. Your Android phone has access to millions of apps on play store, this apps are freely provided by independent developers why on your blackberry phone you are limited with the follow come apps.
The only way you can be okay with blogger blog is when you can code features your self which most times is a waste of time.. Energy u put into blogging.
Lastly their server issue not connecting to glo and glo remains one of the largest base in terms of data
most of your claims are lame without any empircal data to back up asides that glo issue which is an issue with glo not Blogger platform.

Op, I support those who say you should go back to Blogger if your blog has no special feature. Unless you like to toss your money around and don't care much, otherwise go back.
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 1:43am On Jan 28, 2019
henryobinna:
most of your claims are lame without any empircal data to back up asides that glo issue which is an issue with glo not Blogger platform.

Op, I support those who say you should go back to Blogger if your blog has no special feature. Unless you like to toss your money around and don't care much, otherwise go back.

Search medical keywords, tech etc how many blogger blog do you see there? Our media houses,successful tech blog how many blogger blog do you see there?

Am not here to argue with you but see this headlines which should be a more concern to the opp. Over 40 million users plus and you tell him to ignore and return back to blogger and how many Nigerians can afford mtn, 9mobile and airtel subscriptions a month? When unemployment rate, poverty index rate, inflation and mass hunger are dealing with Nigerians?

To the opp the implication here is that if your blog has a larger percentage of Nigeriam audience it wil impact negatively because blogger blog takes too long to open via glo ISP and at most times refuses. They can't afford to wait they simply move over to the next blog below you. While this keep increasing your bounce rate to 100% it send signal to Google that your page is not existing, low quality content or not useful, the algorithm respond by sending your blog down to the bottom. That mend you have lost ranking to other bloggers.

Move to another hosting company preferrable namecheap unless your blogging is just for fun and experiment but if you mean business then you must do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by henryobinna(m): 6:27am On Jan 28, 2019
fastseo:

Search medical keywords, tech etc how many blogger blog do you see there? Our media houses,successful tech blog how many blogger blog do you see there?

Am not here to argue with you but see this headlines which should be a more concern to the opp. Over 40 million users plus and you tell him to ignore and return back to blogger and how many Nigerians can afford mtn, 9mobile and airtel subscriptions a month? When unemployment rate, poverty index rate, inflation and mass hunger are dealing with Nigerians?

To the opp the implication here is that if your blog has a larger percentage of Nigeriam audience it wil impact negatively because blogger blog takes too long to open via glo ISP and at most times refuses. They can't afford to wait they simply move over to the next blog below you. While this keep increasing your bounce rate to 100% it send signal to Google that your page is not existing, low quality content or not useful, the algorithm respond by sending your blog down to the bottom. That mend you have lost ranking to other bloggers.

Move to another hosting company preferrable namecheap unless your blogging is just for fun and experiment but if you mean business then you must do the needful.

I am also not interested in arguing.

I quite agree very well with you on the aspect of Glo just as I pointed that out on my first response to you, and OP if your site is Nigerians targeted then continue using WordPress and look for a good host, I think BlueHost or even Hostgator are both good, I've been hearing namecheap but I only have history with them regarding domains.

Google doesn't prefer WordPress to anyother platform, it's just if you know your way around ranking, one of my sites is on Blogger and I know it's rank and how I achieved that. Everybody who's using WordPress especially top sites are because they have membership option, or someother thing that can mainly work on WordPress and of course some other fancy features they want but stating it ranks better because majority of top sites are WordPress site is as baseless as saying Hollywood produce the highest amount/number of movies per year because their movies are very very popular and successful.

Anyway, believe what you want but don't deceived others into believing a baseless conspiracy theory.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 8:25am On Jan 28, 2019
henryobinna:
I am also not interested in arguing.

I quite agree very well with you on the aspect of Glo just as I pointed that out on my first response to you, and OP if your site is Nigerians targeted then continue using WordPress and look for a good host, I think BlueHost or even Hostgator are both good, I've been hearing namecheap but I only have history with them regarding domains.

Google doesn't prefer WordPress to anyother platform, it's just if you know your way around ranking, one of my sites is on Blogger and I know it's rank and how I achieved that. Everybody who's using WordPress especially top sites are because they have membership option, or someother thing that can mainly work on WordPress and of course some other fancy features they want but stating it ranks better because majority of top sites are WordPress site is as baseless as saying Hollywood produce the highest amount/number of movies per year because their movies are very very popular and successful.

Anyway, believe what you want but don't deceived others into believing a baseless conspiracy theory.

You see where you failed? I said WordPress has functionalities that boost ranking and except you have such skills to do such you will miss some SEO benefit. Google won't favor any platform over the other, they only bring up he page with the best results. Take for instance table of content that aid SEO can you make a plugin on that on Blogger blog. Although I have seen Indians blogger blog with such features they did code it themselves but not what the regular naija bloggers can code.

Lastly do you know if other ISP providers in US, UK etc are facing same issues? A sever that seleted glo might also do the same to others

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by henryobinna(m): 10:46am On Jan 28, 2019
fastseo:

You see where you failed? I said WordPress has functionalities that boost ranking and except you have such skills to do such you will miss some SEO benefit. Google won't favor any platform over the other, they only bring up he page with the best results. Take for instance table of content that aid SEO can you make a plugin on that on Blogger blog. Although I have seen Indians blogger blog with such features they did code it themselves but not what the regular naija bloggers can code.

Lastly do you know if other ISP providers in US, UK etc are facing same issues? A sever that seleted glo might also do the same to others
no time bro, just believe what you want but don't deceive others into believing same bullshiit such as the bold.
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by BestInformation: 11:12am On Jan 28, 2019
OP. Buy Namecheap hosting..
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
henryobinna:
no time bro, just believe what you want but don't deceive others into believing same bullshiit such as the bold.

It seems you don't get my point.. I said how are you sure that the same issue blogger blog is having with glo is not affecting other service providers around the world. Or you think glo just blacklisted them?
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2019
BestInformation:
OP. Buy Namecheap hosting..
Better oil de ur head cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Avast(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Trizzi:

I need your help on my new blog.
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 29, 2019
We are still rocking Blogger and lovin it. You are welcome back to Blogger! grin
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by tuhamworld: 7:55am On Jan 29, 2019
WordPress is actually super cool but not the faint hearted.. You've got to have the zeal to keep on moving no matter what..

As for web hosting; if you have a lot of funds, go for Bluehost
If not, go for Namecheap

READ ALSO: Blogger Pros and Cons You Need To Know + WordPress Pros and Cons You Need To Know

And 4 Major Reasons Why You Shouldn't Use WordPress Yet
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by fastseo: 10:02am On Jan 29, 2019
questechie:
We are still rocking Blogger and lovin it. You are welcome back to Blogger! grin

Yes I was able to open your blog today with the help of a VPN via glo.. I have been trying to since just remembered VPN now.. I love your work bro kiss
Re: Moving Back To Blogger, My Web Host Is Terrible by netsurfer01(m): 10:05am On Jan 29, 2019
Op don't go back.. Just buy namecheap or qservers hosting then comman thank me later cool

It looks like your site is on whogohost.... Why will someone see all the beauties and features of wordpress and decide to go back? grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Opening A Fully Verified Paypal Account And Withdrawing To Nigerian Bank / Content Writers Needed ASAP! / Creative And Humorous Partner (prefarably Comedian) Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.