Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos (681 Views)

Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / American Priest Sprays Holy Water From Squirt Gun To Maintain Social Distancing / Father Charles Okeke-Odogwu Found Dead In His Car In Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by dainformant(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2019
Mixed reactions have trailed a viral video of a Catholic priest engaging in a traditional dance with masquerade in Anambra state.

In the trending footage, the priest can be seen dancing with the masquerade as a group traditional singers played music at a public event.

The priest also sprayed money at the dancing masquerade as he was hailed by the singers and other guests. 

Internet users have reacted to the footage, with some criticizing the priest for 'not doing well because light and darkness' cannot mix. 

Others have hailed the priest for recognizing with the tradition that was in practice before Christianity came into Nigeria. 

Facebook user Chiamaka Ogbuchiekwe: "Yes it is bad! how can a reverend father dance with masquerade whether it is students that clothe themselves with that? It is bad, everything has a spirit behind it and masquerade is evidently one if u belong to light do belong there, if u did not belong to masquerade in my eye and thinking is bad." 

See reactions below. 

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/01/catholic-priest-dances-with-masquerade-in-anambra-state.html

Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by dainformant(m): 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2019

Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by Chizuru01(m): 6:20pm On Jan 27, 2019
The Bible says;
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

John 8:12
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

The problem is that The Priest does not know or understand his bible
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by amaniro: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
Dancing shaku with the devil tongue
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by delugajackson: 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is a pure mockery of the Christian faith. The Bible clearly stated that light and darkness have nothing in common. In fact, it further stressed in Romans 12vs2 that we should not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

This is really bad on all levels. I've always known there was something fundamentally wrong with these rosary-rattlers cum image worshippers, hence my dislike for them.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by sinaj(f): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
amaniro:
Dancing shaku with the devil tongue
Devil? The person behind the mask might be a teenager.
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by SUPOL(m): 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2019
What’s the difference? They’re both Priests!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by Abortions: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2019
That may be hard earned money from his poor congregation they gave as tithe or offering

Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by hisgrace090: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
Chizuru01:
The Bible says;
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

And they'll argue that you"re not allowed to read the bible being not a priest, catholics are somehow ardamant.
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by Evablizin(f): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Nonsense and ingredient.
Rubbishing christianity.
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by Evablizin(f): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
Chizuru01:
The Bible says;

Exactly.
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by ChangeIsCostant: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by Jman06(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
This is good! Another reason why I like the Catholic church. Very liberal and organized too!

Those of you condemning the priest, how much of philosophy and theology have you read compared to the priest He knows better than you all that even the materials of the mask and the person wearing them are supposedly handiworks of God and so the masquerade is not in opposition with God.
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by amaniro: 10:57pm On Jan 27, 2019
sinaj:
Devil? The person behind the mask might be a teenager.

i was being sarcastic
Re: Catholic Priest Dances With Masquerade, Sprays Him Money In Anambra. Photos by OpenYourEyes1: 5:11am On Jan 28, 2019
delugajackson:
This is a pure mockery of the Christian faith. The Bible clearly stated that light and darkness have nothing in common. In fact, it further stressed in Romans 12vs2 that we should not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds.

This is really bad on all levels. I've always known there was something fundamentally wrong with these rosary-rattlers cum image worshippers, hence my dislike for them.

You have spoken like a hypocrite. A believer should never "dislike" or hate another human

(1) (Reply)

Dreams In Islam / BBC- Controversial Religious Practice Known As “pleasure Marriage” / Zambia To Warn US Over Remarks About Jailing Of Gay Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.