Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Intimidation. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Intimidation. (342 Views)

INTIMIDATION (a Short Story) By Osakpamwan Osadolor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intimidation. by dammy96: 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
Words don’t do justice to what and how we feel. Sometimes, it is like a waste of time.

The world seems too lonely. Everyone pretending things are pretty okay. Doing all sorts on social media, trying to be seen, heard and liked.

Knowing little about what happiness really is. Happiness is not found in things we do, get involved in OR say. Neither is it found in people we trust or look up to. It is found in the core of who we truly are.

There are days I wish people aren’t too busy for me. Days I need help but scared I get turned off. Days I really want to do something for myself but others keep getting in the way and I sacrifice all for them.

This is life for some of us maybe all of us. But no one is fully and truly satisfied in material things.

Encouraging and writing seem a lot easy until it becomes more about you. When you need to hear words of encouragement from people or writings that say how much you are loved and cared for and you receive none. Well what will you do?

Beat yourself over that or continue living life.

Sometimes, we get intimidated by what we see,hear or come across with, forgetting we ourselves are our own heroes.

Intimidation is a veil. It covers you out of purpose and put you in ignorance of whom you are and what you have to offer.

You have people who secretly admire you, who love to hear you, listen to you or talk to you. People who love you. Intimidation won’t let you see them or notice them. It gradually brings in low self esteem and hatred of whom you are and why you think you are so different.

Like I said…It is a veil.

I realised there are people out there who seem perfect but are struggling. They only seem to have something standing in for them or covering them. It could be wealth, intelligence, religion, attitude, you name it. All you see isn’t all there is.

Mum once said, if God calls us all for a meeting and shows everyone how you and I lived, the challenges we faced, the ones we all are going through and how long you have left. No one will want to become those they admired or envy.

This is life, refuse to be like anyone and refuse to work with another man’s time.

P. S: Lol, I heard long talks get boring

Well of course, except they are meaningful and relatable…

Temi writes…

Read more at:
Source: https://temitopeshote./2018/10/10/intimidation

(1) (Reply)

Act Now- Get An Expert Copywriter/social Media Manager You've Been Looking For! / Defining Success / Dark Room - Episode 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.