Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

The Love Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Love Story (498 Views)

Once Upon A First Love Story By Tope Omotosho. / The Love Grotto / LOVESTRUCK - A Campus Love Story. By Demsid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Story by TheWritingHub(m): 7:11am On Jan 28, 2019
The Love Story (Episode 1)

Cafe. Southern Nigeria.

The sun had started its trip home, but artificial lights filled everywhere with dull yellow.

Osas: Your eyes, there's something in them. I can't put words to it.

Imose: Oh

Osas: You're beautiful. This isn't just a rhetoric. I could stare into those eyes forever.

Imose: I wouldn't mind only if you don't blink.

They both laugh lightly.

Osas: If I could stop breathing, that wouldn't be so difficult.

He goes down on both knees, and brings out a ring. Imose doesn't look surprised, rather an unrevealing smile curved her lower lip.

Osas: Do me the honour of being your husband. Give me the chance to love you forever. Marry me.

People sitting at other tables had turned to look at them. Imose took the ring from him and wore it on her right middle finger.

Imose: So can you stand and sit now?

Osas: But....

Imose: Better than saying a no, my darling.

Osas: I thought you loved me.

Imose: No doubt. But I cannot marry you.

Osas: Why? We love each other and we should spend the rest of our lives together.

Imose brings out a photo and pushes it to him on the table. He looks at it confused.

Imose: That's him. He's never going to let me go. I've told you about him. His threats have surged upon recent.

Osas: What are we going to do?

Imose: Take him out.

Osas: I can never bring myself to do that.

Imose brings out another photo and pushes it to him. His eyes go read and large when he sees it.

Osas: How did you find this?

Imose: That shouldn't be the question, sweetheart. 'When do I take him out?' will do.

Osas: No, this is shit.

Imose: You've never been clean.

1 Like

Re: The Love Story by Ann2012(f): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2019
Following
Re: The Love Story by TheWritingHub(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2019
The Love Story (Episode 2)

It seemed music seeped calmly through the holes in front of the speaker box - melancholic music.

Osas: That photo is my past. Since I met you, I've not even spoken with her.

Imose: I want to believe you, but I can't. She sent me this picture. She threatened me.

Osas is taken aback, then grow angry. How was he going to get out of this web of thorns unhurt? Nothing was coming to his mind.

Osas: I'm sorry about that. She shouldn't have done that.

Imose: You should have wondered how I got this picture before lying to me.

Osas: I am very sorry. It was just one night.

Imose: Just?

Imose presses her hand strongly around the glass of drink. Her fingers began to hurt.

Imose: I've ruined my marriage for you, and you say just?

Osas: It came out wrongly.

Imose stands, and pushes the photograph on the table closer to Osas.

Imose: Do this just once.....

Osas: He is your husband.

Imose: Seven days.

Osas: There's a better way we can do this. We don't have to bring the cloud down because it rained.

Imose: If it doesn't go, it will rain again tomorrow.

Osas: You should see a doctor. If you need your husband taken out, hire assassins. You don't have to make me do it because I slept with another woman.

Imose: This isn't debatable. Seven days.

What do you think is going to happen next?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

AGRO Chicken Avenger Trailer Script / Igbo Landing: Blood And Water (Part 4: The Great Purge) / Press Statement By Bayo Adebowale's Eldest Child, Titilayo Olaleye (mrs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.