Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? (1884 Views)

How I Used Sea Salt For Cleansings, Luck & Attraction / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Anfieldboss: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2019
As a Christian, how important is it to be physically attracted to your partner? I have been praying for my life partner for a while now, but the lady my Spirit keeps leading me to, I am not physically attracted to her. She is a good christian with a good character, we are actually good friends but there is no physical attraction from my part.

I want to love my wife completely and it will be difficult for me loving a woman whom I don't really like ( I mean in terms of her appearance).

What should I do?
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 28, 2019
because u are christain doesn't mean phileo should com before agape...... You are flesh and blood at the end of the day....if the attraction isn't there the intimacy/sex won't work out....
But if ur spirit is leading you to her, just give it time...u will eventually meet another or find out u do have attraction.....That's how I tot I don't like moreen until I saw a guy grabbing her and spinning her around in the name of hugging, they later left in his car...and her number wasn't available for over a week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Seun(m): 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
Can you describe what the experience of being led to someone by your spirit is like? Has there ever been a time when you felt that you were being led to do something and in the end you discovered that it was not correct? Is it possible that you are mistaken in this case too? Would you rely on your spirit to pick the right answers for you in an exam?

Something you should know: If your lady-friend starts using better make-up, quality fake hair, quality jewellery, more stylish clothes that fit her perfectly and show some skin, etc, you’d probably be physically attracted to her. It would be as if she was a totally different person.

20 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
What do you mean ur spirit is leading you to someone you are not physically attracted to?

Anyways, i beliv b4 u could start having any feeling about someone, probably u might av noticed some qualities in him/her. You like those qualities but you dont like her physic....If dis is the case, qualities matter, but physical appearance helps too.

If u like her qualities, follow her, cos dat can't b changed.

As for physical appearance, if you are well off, she could be boxed up, in other words - packaging cud solve the problem, if u wont mix bn too religious to the matter on ground.

Av a very fine bro that got married 2 an averagely beautiful lady, he told me he did that cos of her good characters...Now, you need to see dis lady after marriage...Somtims,meself dey fall...lolz

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 6:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
There is nothing like being led by the spirit to a lady. I repeat; there is nothing like of such. Why is the spirit always leading u guys to the beautiful sisters first? Why doesn't the spirit lead u guys to a sister u have never met before? Why is it always someone in your vicinity? And why does the spirit always lead u guys to another sister as soon as the first choice rejects u? It seems the spirit cannot make up its mind and always relies on chance.

By the way this sister u think the spirit is leading u to now is obviously not your first choice. You are desperately seeking a partner and because she is the only who seems available now who probably gives u attention, u think the spirit is leading you because u can tolerate her owing to her good qualities.

Leave the spirit out of your confusion bro.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by luvmijeje(f): 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2019
NPComplete:
There is nothing like being led by the spirit to a lady. I repeat; there is nothing like of such. Why is the spirit always leading u guys to the beautiful sisters first? Why doesn't the spirit lead u guys to a sister u have never met before? Why is it always someone in your vicinity? And why does the spirit always lead u guys to another sister as soon as the first choice rejects u? It seems the spirit cannot make up its mind and always relies on chance.

By the way this sister u think the spirit is leading u to now is obviously not your first choice. You are desperately seeking a partner and because she is the only who seems available now who probably gives u attention, u think the spirit is leading you because u can tolerate her owing to her good qualities.

Leave the spirit out of your confusion bro.

Bros, the OP said he's being led to someone he's not attracted to?

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by luvmijeje(f): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2019
Seun:
Can you describe what the experience of being led to someone by your spirit is like? Has there ever been a time when you felt that you were being led to do something and in the end you discovered that it was not correct? Is it possible that you are mistaken in this case too? Would you rely on your spirit to pick the right answers for you in an exam?

Something you should know: If your lady-friend starts using better make-up, quality fake hair, quality jewellery, more stylish clothes that fit her perfectly and show some skin, etc, you’d probably be physically attracted to her. It would be as if she was a totally different person.

What do one rely on to pick a wife?
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 8:07pm On Jan 28, 2019
luvmijeje:

Bros, the OP said he's being led to someone he's not attracted to?

Yeah that's what he said. And that's because the one he is actually attracted to wouldn't give him the time of the day or has been hitched by someone else. So the desperate guy is now back to the unattractive good girl that is available and he is now trying to rope one spirit into his confusion.

OP, leave the spirit out of your confusion.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by luvmijeje(f): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
NPComplete:

Yeah that's what he said. And that's because the one he is actually attracted to wouldn't give him the time of the day or has been hitched by someone else. So the desperate guy is now back to the unattractive good girl that is available and he is now trying to rope one spirit into his confusion.

You do have a point. Your comment reminded of a friend who couldn't leave this babe despite the spirit and his family being against her.

And I'm like guy, shebi you said God said this babe no be your own. And what came out of the guy makes me to burst out into laughter.

He said that babe they give am different kind of style.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
luvmijeje:

You do have a point. Your comment reminded of a friend who couldn't leave this babe despite the spirit and his family being against her.

And I'm like guy, shebi you said God said this babe no be your own. And what came out of the guy makes me to burst out into laughter.

He said that babe they give am different kind of style.

Lol
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by luvmijeje(f): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
luvmijeje:

NPComplete, I initially asked Seun this question, knowing him, he will think I'm trolling or setting a trap for him.

I really want someone who will answer me genuinely from another perspective.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Esthered: 5:10am On Jan 29, 2019
Dear OP, you made mention of your spirit leading you. My question to you is how do you hear from God? God speaks to His children in so many ways therefore do you hear from Him?
If you can answer sincerely, you wouldn't even put the question on a public forum. If it's truly the spirit, he'll open your eyes to things that makes her desirable to you beyond her looks and whereas your mind is elsewhere hence the confusion. God is not an author of confusion.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 7:04am On Jan 29, 2019
luvmijeje:

NPComplete, I initially asked Seun this question, knowing him, he will think I'm trolling or setting a trap for him.

I really want someone who will answer me genuinely from another perspective.

There's not really a one-size-fits-all approach to this. It depends entirely on the individual.

Some would seek beauty only; just a trophy wife. Others will seek intelligence. Others good character. And some will seek a form of combination of these 3. Some even marry a woman because she is rich or has connections. In the end every man will do what they find interesting.

Now depending on all those, u may either rely on ur own judgement to find one. Or your friends. Or your family. Or even your church or pastor. But each choice has its concomitant disadvantages. There's no one that guarantees a perfect marriage. All have worked. And all have failed.

In the end u have to rely on the hand that fate deals to you.

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by NPComplete: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2019
Esthered:
Dear OP, you made mention of your spirit leading you. My question to you is how do you hear from God? God speaks to His children in so many ways therefore do you hear from Him?
If you can answer sincerely, you wouldn't even put the question on a public forum. If it's truly the spirit, he'll open your eyes to things that makes her desirable to you beyond her looks and whereas your mind is elsewhere hence the confusion. God is not an author of confusion.

OP don't listen to this people that are always claiming to hear from God o. They are as confused as u are. This one talking now is probably not even married. But will be given u impractical solutions. 98% of those who claimed to hear from God 5 years ago are not enjoying the marriage right now. They are all struggling like everyone else. So stop deceiving yourselves.

5 Likes

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Anfieldboss: 11:32am On Jan 29, 2019
NPComplete:

You made some salient points, she is actually not my first choice but I'm not desperate and she is actually beautiful, though not my kind of beautiful, I like curvy girls and she is straight.

Thanks for your advice all the same.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
luvmijeje:
Common sense, I guess. First you figure out what qualities are most important to you, then you start searching for someone who has those qualities, after upgrading yourself to a level that can attract such a person.

Anfieldboss:
You made some salient points, she is actually not my first choice but I'm not desperate and she is actually beautiful, though not my kind of beautiful, I like curvy girls and she is straight.
Keep searching until you find what you like!

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by DonX001: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
NPComplete:

There's not really a one-size-fits-all approach to this. It depends entirely on the individual.

Some would seek beauty only; just a trophy wife. Others will seek intelligence. Others good character. And some will seek a form of combination of these 3. Some even marry a woman because she is rich or has connections. In the end every man will do what they find interesting.

Now depending on all those, u may either rely on ur own judgement to find one. Or your friends. Or your family. Or even your church or pastor. But each choice has its concomitant disadvantages. There's no one that guarantees a perfect marriage. All have worked. And all have failed.

In the end u have to rely on the hand that fate deals to you.

Very wise words.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by DonX001: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
Seun:

Common sense, I guess. First you figure out what qualities are most important to you, then you start searching for someone who has those qualities, after upgrading yourself to a level that can attract such a person.

Keep searching until you find what you like!

Gbam!
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by luvmijeje(f): 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
NPComplete : There's no one that guarantees a perfect marriage. All have worked. And all have failed.

Seun : First you figure out what qualities are most important to you, then you start searching for someone who has those qualities,

Thank you guys for your above words of wisdom. I will add that in my short term on earth, getting what you want is not the issue. The issue is solely not knowing what one want.

My sister recently got re-married to a guy who's also getting married for the second time. And when I was discussing with the man, he said, if my sister was his first wife, he will never have remarried simply because my sister treated his family like her own.

When he was single, he wasn't looking for that in a woman. It was when he got married that he realized how valuable it was.

Anfieldboss, it's important to go for what you want. You don't need God or anyone to dictate to you your life partner. It's in going for what you want, you will get to discover whether it's truly what you want.

If you are destined to be a be with a woman for the rest of your life.... Good. If it failed, it's destined. We all don't have the same path through life.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by CaptainStephen(m): 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
I didn't even bother to checkout my wife's physical assets the day I met her, it was later I noticed.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
CaptainStephen:
I didn't even bother to checkout my wife's physical assets the day I met her, it was later I noticed.
Really?

Tell me, what attracted u to her?
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by CaptainStephen(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
sherylbakky:
Really?
Her kind heart and cheerful spirit.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by CaptainStephen(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
sherylbakky:
Really?
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Acidosis(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
The qualities you like today may change tomorrow. Physical attraction is important, but shouldn't be the main factor.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by laurenjones: 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
OP I understand your fears. There is this feeling that you might have regrets in future especially if you later come across a woman that meets your desire.

Your joy may never be 100%,

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
CaptainStephen:
Dat's cool, but I tink
she looks attractive to an extent.

If not, u wudnt av fallen 4 her. Probably u wud av only appreciated her kind gesture.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Anfieldboss: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2019
laurenjones:
OP I understand your fears. There is this feeling that you might have regrets in future especially if you later come across a woman that meets your desire.

Your joy may never be 100%,

That's my fear, I want to be satisfied with my wife, I don't want to have cause to look at another woman when I'm married.
Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2019
Anfieldboss:

That's my fear, I want to be satisfied with my wife, I don't want to have cause to look at another woman when I'm married.

U are already making a big mistake thinking that marrying your carnal choice or spirit led choice or wateva choice is what will make u not to look at or desire another woman...

.U a man, a specie of variety, u don't have one shoe, or clothe. U will always see and want more....The fact that u live for Christ and spiritual may help u in your journey of self control...So u know u are no longer slave to the sinful desire of the flesh....
Oga , don't get it twisted u will jam ladies that will make u feel like for a second to rewind time, even opposite to the what u use to think is ur spec...It's ur willfull decision that will keep you not because u married a particular spec of lady.......

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Physical Attraction In Choosing A Life Partner? by Anfieldboss: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
1StopRudeness:

U are already making a big mistake thinking that marrying your carnal choice or spirit led choice or wateva choice is what will make u not to look at or desire another woman...

.U a man, a specie of variety, u don't have one shoe, or clothe. U will always see and want more....The fact that u live for Christ and spiritual may help u in your journey of self control...So u know u are no longer slave to the sinful desire of the flesh....
Oga , don't get it twisted u will jam ladies that will make u feel like for a second to rewind time, even opposite to the what u use to think is ur spec...It's ur willfull decision that will keep you not because u married a particular spec of lady.......

Not all men are a "specie of variety" as you claim, some of us have been able to discipline ourselves with the help of God of course. When I was with my ex, I was satisfied with her and had no cause to look at another woman when we were together. So I believe marrying my kind of woman would help me stay faithful to my wife, finally it's God's grace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Swept Out By Tsunami Is Pulled To Shore By A Man With Blood Stained Hands / I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness / Prophet Tb Joshua And Ghana's U20 Victory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.