Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

How To Start A Fruit Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Fruit Business (2202 Views)

Ikosi Ketu Fruit Market Demolished By Lagos State Government / Is It Ok To Invest In Fruit Business / My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Fruit Business by opaco7349: 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
How to start a juice business (2019 tips)

Fruit is one thing people cannot do without, it is one of the best drinks Mother Nature has given to us, it has a very high business potential in it if you are ready to explore the possibilities
If you don’t like taking fruit you will surely take fruit juice, if you don’t like fruit juice then you will surely take wine. So they are all interwoven.

People take fruit juice during or after meal because there is no restriction to who can take fruit juice. The advantages are way higher than the disadvantages because fruit is natural and every age range can take it be it old or young.

A lot of people prefer freshly squeezed juice without putting any colourings or added sugar to make it sweet.

The question now is how to start a fruit business?

To start a fruit business you need to consider these 7 steps.
1. Write a business plan
2. Get a name for your business
3. Get equipment
4. Get permission or license from your state health department
5. Know the type of juice you want to produce (organic juice, energies juice etc. )
6. Get a business location
7. Choose a packaging method
8. Expand your business

You can also read our post on how to start a business

Write a business plan
I always tell my readers never to joke with their business plans; your business plan is a breathing document that determines the success and failure of your business. This is a blueprint that projects each and every possibility in your business ranging from the spending and profit. This will help you plan properly. As a business minded person who wants to start a fruit business, if you plan properly you will be able to sell your product in any season. We all know that fruit business is a seasonal business but you can still be in the market if you plan on your supply and preservations.
It is very important to write your business plan with details about your niche, 3-4 years marketing strategies, 3-4 years profit projection, analysis for competing businesses, public relation strategies and information about potential vendors and selling venues. When this is put into proper consideration you will discover that you are already prepared for your business to kick start.

Have a business name

It is very important to come up with a unique name people can remember, this name will stand as a brand for you if people want to talk about your business. I want you to understand that no matter how small you want to start, always have it in the back of your mind that you will surely grow if you do the needful. People cannot do without fruit in their day to day activities. Why not give them something they always wanted. If you have a business name it will surely build a reputation for you in the long run.

This can be achieved by registering your business with the IRS or CAC. This differs depending on the country you are residing. There are laws attach to the reservation or acquisition of a business name. It is very important to contact a lawyer to put you through this process. They know each and every law that has to do with the establishment of a business. For example, in some countries, you are not allowed to export your natural juice to other states. It must be sold within the state you are operating. If you intend to sell in other states then you have to establish an office in that particular state.

Get equipment’s

Knowing and having the best equipment will help you a lot; this is a very vital part of your business. You can start from little by buying equipment one after the other that are durable which can last you years in your business operation.
It may be tempting to buy cheap equipment which can save you money but can cost you more money in the long run. Decide on which type of equipment you want to buy then save towards it. You can get a good recommendation from here.

I remember in 2015 a neighbor of mine ‘’Rachael’’ meet me that she wanted to start a fruit business but she doesn’t know how to get started. So I asked her how much is her budget? She told she has only 47$, I smiled. We spent hours drafting a business plan, I told her since she is low on a budget she can start with a fruit blender and go ahead to sell at restaurants. She was really happy and left, after 2 months she came back to me that she has made 490$ with 47$ investment. I was wow and really impressed.

Why am I telling you this?

I really want you to know that you can start small by getting the right equipment that can serve you base on your start-up capital. When you have made a profit you can now expand and upgrade your business.

She started with a blender and a sieve. If a customer picks a watermelon, orange, pineapple etc. She then blends them using her blending machine then sieves it if the customer wants it sieved. This was how she was doing until she was able to save 490$ and now she has expanded her business.

Editor’s tips: Always start small and grow with time, don’t wait until you have a million dollar savings before you start because your little capital can grow into a million dollar just because you took the bold step.

Get permission or license from your state health department

There are various laws surrounding the establishment of business that has to do with consumable products. These laws are very strict in other to protect the health of the people. Before you can start selling a consumable product the health department will have to ensure that your product is not harmful to the people.

After successfully getting a license and a permit to go ahead with your business operation then you can now move to the next step.

The type of juice you want to produce

Having a unique product is what makes you stand out from the rest; if you are able to understand the combination of fruits that give the best taste, then people will always come to buy from you. Your recipe combination should not be a very common one that people can get easily from a groceries store.
Having variety or varied menu will bring you customers. Example of common fruits juice are the orange, pine apple etc. this variety are very common fruit juice but when you have a combination of fruit juice such as strawberry, lime, water melon, acai and carrot people will love to have a taste to know how great it is. Just be creative and innovative by coming up with new combinations that gives a very unique taste.

Get a business location

Conducting a visibility study will really help in knowing the best location for your business. It is always good to ensure that your business is close to where you get your supply of fruits. This will help in reducing the cost of transportation and the late arrival of your goods.
You can contact farmers to supply for you in large quantities if you are not growing your own.

Below is a list of places where you can sell your fruit juice. With research, I have discovered that the best place to sell your fruit juice.
1. Roadside stand
2. City festivals
3. Gyms or fitness center
4. Schools or Institutions
5. Shopping mall
6. Local grocery stores
7. Restaurants

Choose a packaging method

You can choose to package your fruit juice either by using a plastic bottle or glass bottle. You need to understand your customers and their taste.
After conducting your feasibility study you will be able to know how much your customers can afford if they are the types that can afford 20$-25$ for a bottle then give them what the want.

The goal of every business is to keep on growing and expanding, if you have attained this level then it is advisable to increase productivity, hire staffs to help and also open branches in a different location.
You can also then increase awareness by creating ads targeting the people in your location when you are able to reach more people, a lot of people will begin to patronize your business and various experts will like to work with you because of the potentials they must have seen in your business.

Conclusions

The right time to start is now
read more tips here http://reviewerblock..com/2019/01/how-to-start-juice-business.html

Re: How To Start A Fruit Business by joeyreports: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Do You Trade Volatility 75 Index? Killing It With My Strategy / Why Are Lebanese And Indians So Successful At Business In Nigeria? / Someone Just Transferred 60k From My Bank Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.