Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

I Met Him - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Met Him (882 Views)

Until I Met You - Episode 8 / Until I Met You - Episode 5 / Until I Met You - Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Met Him by mareeam802(f): 6:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
I’d been gushing about visiting the cinema since the beginning of the week. It would be my first time to experience the fun of sitting in a dark-lit room and watching a movie on a large screen. The same scene that I’d imagined while reading books and watching movies. I would be sitting with widened eyes, holding a pack of popcorn and squealing in excitement while staring at the screen.

I would be sitting beside a man…but he wouldn’t be the love of my life. Contrary to what the novels portray, I wouldn’t be resting on his shoulders nor shielding my face in his chest when watching a gory scene. I wouldn’t be holding his hand or smiling because of his intense gaze of admiration on me. I would be going to the cinema with a male friend…with no emotional attachment.

“I know you’re a bad planner, Mujibah but you have to get to Ojota by 1:00 pm.” Ibrahim said over the phone in a loud tone.

I could hear the sound of the busy road and the blaring sound of car horns; cars that struggled to drive past the busy road.

I wore my favourite orange-coloured gown and veil as I watched my sisters stare at me in awe and admiration.

“Make sure you bring ice cream and pizza when you’re coming oo!” My younger sister smiled delightfully.

Continue reading https://www.maryamnittywall.com/2019/01/i-met-him.html

Re: I Met Him by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: I Met Him by Ann2012(f): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
Interesting

Well done OP

1 Like

Re: I Met Him by mareeam802(f): 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
LightQueen:
Interesting
Thank you!
Re: I Met Him by mareeam802(f): 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ann2012:
Interesting

Well done OP
Thank you.
Re: I Met Him by centoqoh(m): 9:40am On Jan 30, 2019
mareeam802:

Thank you.

Good write up.
Typical of ladies.... Love... Love... Love.
Re: I Met Him by mareeam802(f): 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
Episode Five
Najwa's Point of View
Yes, I Love Him!

The month has been a stressful one…really stressful! Barakah had been hospitalized and I’d spent my days by her side, holding her hands, feeding her, muttering prayers and hoping that my friend-turned-sister heals completely.

The incident at Zara’s engagement still makes my face blanches in shock. The sight of Barakah lying trodden on the floor like a log of wood. Blood stained on the wall. Her bare chest revealed.

“I had gone to the store to adjust my gown. As I unzipped my gown, I slipped and fell.” Barakah had said when she regained consciousness at the hospital.

Continue reading https://www.maryamnittywall.com/2019/02/flaming-home-episode-five.html

(1) (Reply)

Blogwonger Extraordinaire / Who's Sisikill? / Ode To The Nigerian Coat Of Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.