Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) (896 Views)

Using "I Love You" To Deceive Ladies For Sex / Allah In Hausa Bible- A plot to deceive the gullible / How Are We Sure That God Has Not Run Mad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
Pregnant virgins, talking donkeys, mummies walking out from tombs. How are we not sure that the Bible isn't somebody's literature textbook? Something the white folks gave to us to trap us. What makes us certain that it is God's inspired words? If there are no proves then the Bible is just another book of legend used to trap people. Isn't it just fairytales?
Let the answer to the questions also be proven by physical evidence, something that we can easily verify. But can you give me prove I can relate to. Something external that asserts and supports the Bible. Not something from the bible Any book can claim divinity. Anyone can talk about the holy spirit. What makes us certain of this one?The wonders sir that we see in the Bible What is the prove those things are reliable and can be trusted. How do we know God wrote those and not smart men somewhere. What evidences to you have to support the originality of the Bible?

How do we know two fishes truly fed five thousand? Can't someone just create this fiction and call it the Bible?You can't tell me that something is inspired by God just like that. I wasn't there when God was inspiring you to write. What if you are just forming the stories? How can I be certain they happened?

We're digging undeniable evidences to support the authenticity of the Bible as God's inspired book! By his grace it'll be released very soon. Why? You may ask, why am I going through all these to prove if the word of God isn't just stories people just wrote for us. Well I'm doing this so that everyone can benefit from the TRUTH after investigations. But most importantly, so when we see the Bible anywhere, we would see it for truly what it is. If it is God's word after our facts have been brought up...
Then that is it has the wisdom of heaven and earth combined and can make us like God, and is sufficient to attend to all our problems and questions... You'll read the Bible with more regard, attention, love, admiration and devote great time to it... But if we discover on the other hand from historical, and archeological evidences that all the things recorded in the Bible are false and no of it can be proven to have occurred based on reputable sources. Then whenever you see the BIBLE you'll curse the white people that scammed us into believing the Bible. But whatever happens my aim is to provide us with credible sources to liberate us! Make us absolutely sure or absolutely unsure of the Bible. Let's see what we find...

Bible believers where are your historical and archeological evidences to corroborate your believe in the Bible?

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by SOFTENGR: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
I'm quite sure your write-up is meant to deceive gullible people.

3 Likes

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by tripplephi: 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
we do not need to answer your IGNORANCE. you need to find a theological school or attend a history class course in Unilag THEN you will understand that its FACTS not FICTION.

but to base your life waiting for it is another level of ignorance..... because it would be duuummmb to wait for the PROOF that the earth is ROUND or SPHERICAL before u can accept to live in it.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
SOFTENGR:
I'm quite sure your write-up is meant to deceive gullible people.

I'm a Christian. A believer in the Bible as God's inspired book. I'm approaching the matter in a way that bring God glory. I'll share prove of the Bible as God's inspired book very soon. I'm waiting for my free thinking and skeptics and atheist brothers and sisters to react. Christians are smart people. We too can approach things with empirical and substantial evidences. So let's react. Remember 1 Peter 3:15 "... Always be willing to give an answer when someone asks you about what you believe in"!
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Baawaa(m): 2:04pm On Jan 30, 2019
How do we sure that the writer of this scrap is not an insane grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
Baawaa:
How do we sure that the writer of this scrap is not an insane grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin cheesy. Because you're not insane person. You're reading it.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Baawaa(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
EBLABOR:

grin cheesy. Because you're not insane person. You're reading it.
Because you are not an insane person,you are quoting me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by NPComplete: 2:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Well unfortunately we are sure that the bible is fiction. It is fiction inspired by true life events but fiction nonetheless.

Where do I even begin?
There is no evidence of any great flood that covered the earth.
There is no evidence of Israelites being slaves in Egypt.
There is no evidence Solomon was the richest man in his time to this day. Even Musa Mensah is believed to have easily bested his wealth.
There is no evidence of any one called Esther being the wife of Ahasuerus. Nor any Persian Queen by the name of Vashti.

I could go on and on....
Even the Jews themselves recognise the bible for what it is. Most of them take is as allegory and just teachings. But leave it to fundamentalist to take it literally.

3 Likes

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by felixomor: 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2019
NPComplete:
Well unfortunately we are sure that the bible is fiction. It is fiction inspired by true life events but fiction nonetheless.

Where do I even begin?
There is no evidence Solomon was the richest man in his time to this day. Even Musa Mensah is believed to have easily bested his wealth.
There is no evidence of any one called Esther being the wife of Ahasuerus. Nor any Persian Queen by the name of Vashti.

I could go on and on....
Even the Jews themselves recognise the bible for what it is. Most of them take is as allegory and just teachings. But leave it to fundamentalist to take it literally.

Please provide evidence that most of jews take the bible as allegory.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
felixomor:

Please provide evidence that most of jews take the bible as allegory.

Good question
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 30, 2019
NPComplete:

Where do I even begin?

I could go on and on....

This is what we learnt when investigative journalist - Leah Stdobel got from his interview with Norman L Giesler, PH.D an award wining writer who had written, co-authored and edited over fifty books. One of his recent books is 841 pages Baker Encyclopaedic of Christian Apologetics. This man studied at Wheaton college, the Unvieristy of Detroit, Wayne State University,William Tyndale College and Nortwestern Univesity. he received his PHD in philosophy from Loyola university in Chicago

LISTEN
"There's lots of evidence i could talk about, " he began. " I could talk about the Bible's unity - sixty -six books written in different styles by perhaps forty different authors with different backgrounds over fifteen hundred years and yet the Bible amazingly unfolds one continuous drama with one central message. That points to the existence of divine mind that the writers claimed inspired them "
Can you imagine a book written within 1500 years, by 40 different people in different places and it still talks about just one person, one story one message!

CONFIRMATION BY ARCHEOLOGY
There have been at least 1000 findings in the recent years that proved the stories of the bible are historical accurate. That they happened indeed. From the existence of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob to the account of Sodom and Gommorah most of all that have been confirmed. In 1960 archaeologists during excavations discovered evidences that linked to the king of Assyria exactly as the bible said. They even found that the israelities entered into Jerusalem using a tunnel during David's reign as exactly written in the bible.
Presently they have found the Solomon's temple and it is now being excavated. Many times people thoughts the bible was just fiction but new discoveries corroborate the biblical account.
For instance, the book of Samuel said that after Saul died his armor was put in the temple of Ashtoroth who was a Canaanite fertility goddess, at Bethshan, while the book of Chronicles reports that his head was put in the temple of a philistine cor god name Dagon. Now , archaeologists thought that it was not true and unreliable They didn't think that enemies could have temples in the same place at the same time. What did they later find? They confirmed through excavations that there were two temples at the same site. One each for Dagon and Ashtoroth. They were separated by a hallway. As it turned out the bible was right after all. The philistines adopted Ashtoroth as one of their gods. That kind cases have happened many many times
So historical, recent findings have proven that the bible isn't fiction at all".
So this means the Bible wasn't folktales by moonlight or your normal literature book. Those stuffs did happen! It's real!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Originakalokalo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
When the author of the book of Joshua was recounting how the sun stood still (as believed then) and day light was longer,

He said... "is this not written in the book of jasher?

See it...
" And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their

enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."
(Joshua 10: 13)

He called another book as a witness...

John the beloved saw a dangerous revelation and was weary of the copy cats..... He cursed anyone who will add to, or remove from what he has written.

He got the revelation and doesn't want anything to stain the credibility of what he saw...

These are proofs within the Bible itself.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by NPComplete: 3:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
EBLABOR:

This is what we learnt when investigative journalist - Leah Stdobel got from his interview with Norman L Giesler, PH.D an award wining writer who had written, co-authored and edited over fifty books. One of his recent books is 841 pages Baker Encyclopaedic of Christian Apologetics. This man studied at Wheaton college, the Unvieristy of Detroit, Wayne State University,William Tyndale College and Nortwestern Univesity. he received his PHD in philosophy from Loyola university in Chicago

LISTEN
"There's lots of evidence i could talk about, " he began. " I could talk about the Bible's unity - sixty -six books written in different styles by perhaps forty different authors with different backgrounds over fifteen hundred years and yet the Bible amazingly unfolds one continuous drama with one central message. That points to the existence of divine mind that the writers claimed inspired them "
Can you imagine a book written within 1500 years, by 40 different people in different places and it still talks about just one person, one story one message!

CONFIRMATION BY ARCHEOLOGY
There have been at least 1000 findings in the recent years that proved the stories of the bible are historical accurate. That they happened indeed. From the existence of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob to the account of Sodom and Gommorah most of all that have been confirmed. In 1960 archaeologists during excavations discovered evidences that linked to the king of Assyria exactly as the bible said. They even found that the israelities entered into Jerusalem using a tunnel during David's reign as exactly written in the bible.
Presently they have found the Solomon's temple and it is now being excavated. Many times people thoughts the bible was just fiction but new discoveries corroborate the biblical account.
For instance, the book of Samuel said that after Saul died his armor was put in the temple of Ashtoroth who was a Canaanite fertility goddess, at Bethshan, while the book of Chronicles reports that his head was put in the temple of a philistine cor god name Dagon. Now , archaeologists thought that it was not true and unreliable They didn't think that enemies could have temples in the same place at the same time. What did they later find? They confirmed through excavations that there were two temples at the same site. One each for Dagon and Ashtoroth. They were separated by a hallway. As it turned out the bible was right after all. The philistines adopted Ashtoroth as one of their gods. That kind cases have happened many many times
So historical, recent findings have proven that the bible isn't fiction at all".
So this means the Bible wasn't folktales by moonlight or your normal literature book. Those stuffs did happen! It's real!

Lol. Nonsense. Nobody has confirmed the Bible as historically accurate. Stop lying to yourself. Because the book relies on true historical persons and geography to tell its story doesn't make it historically accurate.

1 Like

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by NPComplete: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2019
Originakalokalo:

When the author of the book of Joshua was recounting how the sun stood still (as believed then) and day light was longer,

He said... "is this not written in the book of jasher?

See it...
" And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their

enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."
(Joshua 10: 13)

He called another book as a witness...

John the beloved saw a dangerous revelation and was weary of the copy cats..... He cursed anyone who will add to, or remove from what he has written.

He got the revelation and doesn't want anything to stain the credibility of what he saw...

These are proofs within the Bible itself.

Lol. Ridiculous nonsense. U are saying that the Bronze Age scholars responsible for writing a book of fiction called another book of fiction, probably written by even older Bronze age scholars, as evidence? Well who would have thought. You have forgotten that this book of fiction u call the bible is actually a compendium of various fictional tomes. Even the author of Kings tried to point people to Chronicles the same way. But the stories were sometimes contradictory.

The writer of the book of Revelation didn't see any revelation concerning copycats. He just knew from history that contending books will come up and sects will arise that will appropriate his own book for their own gain. There were so many jewish and christian sects vying for recognition then and many of them were laying claims to older books. The curse was a desperate attempt by a helpless author to safeguard his work. And we do not even know if it was the pure form of his work that survived and not some modified version. Or if it was the plagiarists that added the curse so as for people not to be able to change it back to the original.

2 Likes

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Originakalokalo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
NPComplete:

Lol. Ridiculous nonsense. U are saying that the Bronze Age scholars responsible for writing a book of fiction called another book of fiction, probably written by even older Bronze age scholars, as evidence? Well who would have thought. You have forgotten that this book of fiction u call the bible is actually a compendium of various fictional tomes. Even the author of Kings tried to point people to Chronicles the same way. But the stories were sometimes contradictory.

The writer of the book of Revelation didn't see any revelation concerning copycats. He just knew from history that contending books will come up and sects will arise that will appropriate his own book for their own gain. There were so many jewish and christian sects vying for recognition then and many of them were laying claims to older books. The curse was a desperate attempt by a helpless author to safeguard his work. And we do not even know if it was the pure form of his work that survived and not some modified version. Or if it was the plagiarists that added the curse so as for people not to be able to change it back to the original.

Okay.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Okay.
This is the best answer I desperately want Christians to start giving the so called atheists. I don't take atheist serious because they eventually argue with the proves they desire even when it is shown to them.
Yes there are "seeming contradictions in the Bible only if you try and read it literally." The Bible itself says "the letter killeth" but if you read it with the help and comfort of the Holy Spirit "it giveth life."
I will start taking Atheist serious when anyone one of them can show;
1. Show me his or her mind,
2. Prove to me he or she stayed in the womb for 9 months and not some medical or speculated facts,
3. Can tell us how we can see the hydrogen and oxygen in the water we drink everyday,
4. Prove to me that the woman you call your mother is actually your "real mother."
Let me stop here Jare.
The church is marching on and the gate of hell shall not prevail.
Truth is Truth and False is False. Your belief does not change anything whether you choose to be a Christian or remain a Sinner, but gives you a proper and better understanding on a good foundation to stand upon.
Our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ is the TRUTH and you are free to quote and argue with your keypad.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by NPComplete: 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2019
Agrogbeide:
This is the best answer I desperately want Christians to start giving the so called atheists. I don't take atheist serious because they eventually argue with the proves they desire even when it is shown to them.
Yes there are "seeming contradictions in the Bible only if you try and read it literally." The Bible itself says "the letter killeth" but if you read it with the help and comfort of the Holy Spirit "it giveth life."
I will start taking Atheist serious when anyone one of them can show;
1. Show me his or her mind,
2. Prove to me he or she stayed in the womb for 9 months and not some medical or speculated facts,
3. Can tell us how we can see the hydrogen and oxygen in the water we drink everyday,
4. Prove to me that the woman you call your mother is actually your "real mother."
Let me stop here Jare.
The church is marching on and the gate of hell shall not prevail.
Truth is Truth and False is False. Your belief does not change anything whether you choose to be a Christian or remain a Sinner, but gives you a proper and better understanding on a good foundation to stand upon.
Our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ is the TRUTH and you are free to quote and argue with your keypad.

This is why more people are leaving Christianity everyday. Your arguments are so daft that it is hard to believe someone like you exist because of intelligent design.

So u are comparing evidence for your version of god and religion to hydrogen and oxygen mixing together. Or whether babies are in the womb for 9 months? LMAO. Choi. Christianity is now synonymous to foolishness.

We know babies stay in the womb for 9 months because over the years that what babies do on the average. Lol. Silly Christian.

You can also see the hydrogen and oxygen in the water u drink everyday by breaking water down to its components using electrolysis or any other method. Lol. You obviously failed in secondary school. How many times did u do WAEC?

It didn't even take me 2 minutes to dismantle your dumb logic and u are supposed to serve the God of Daniel and Solomon o. Still u dont have a modicum of what can even be likened to wisdom. Shame on u. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Emmaxile(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
Dark minded people, short of knowledge......even if you haven't seen the things written in this book happen, haven't you heard them?
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
NPComplete:

This is why more people are leaving Christianity everyday. Your arguments are so daft that it is hard to believe someone like you exist because of intelligent design.

So u are comparing evidence for your version of god and religion to hydrogen and oxygen mixing together. Or whether babies are in the womb for 9 months? LMAO. Choi. Christianity is now synonymous to foolishness.

We know babies stay in the womb for 9 months because over the years that what babies do on the average. Lol. Silly Christian.

You can also see the hydrogen and oxygen in the water u drink everyday by breaking water down to its components using electrolysis or any other method. Lol. You obviously failed in secondary school. How many times did u do WAEC?

It didn't even take me 2 minutes to dismantle your dumb logic and u are supposed to serve the God of Daniel and Solomon o. Still u dont have a modicum of what can even be likened to wisdom. Shame on u. cheesy cheesy
Atheist always trying to make sense by compounding "foolish reasons with insults." shake my head for you o bro. With your myopic vision and blurred mindset you see alot of people leaving Christianity but not the increase everyday which has made it the largest religion in the world and will remain like that in spite of the trials, temptations and persecutions from all angles. You need Jesus Christ.
If you have read that post you hurriedly quoted carefully you would have seen where I stated that you as an atheist should proved it yourself and not come under the guise of some medical or scientific facts.
Can you tell me how you have been able to justify the facts above on your OWN?

"OKAY" WILL BE MY NEXT REPLY WHEN YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE A "FOOL" THAT YOU ARE AFTER QUOTING THIS WITHOUT ANY REASONABLE PROVE YOU HAVE CARRIED OUT ON YOUR OWN.
LOL

1 Like

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by NPComplete: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
Agrogbeide:
Atheist always trying to make sense by compounding "foolish reasons with insults." shake my head for you o bro. With your myopic vision and blurred mindset you see alot of people leaving Christianity but not the increase everyday which has made it the largest religion in the world and will remain like that in spite of the trials, temptations and persecutions from all angles. You need Jesus Christ.
If you have read that post you hurriedly quoted carefully you would have seen where I stated that you as an atheist should proved it yourself and not come under the guise of some medical or scientific facts.

"OKAY" WILL BE MY NEXT REPLY WHEN YOU HAVE PROVEN TO BE A "FOOL" THAT YOU ARE AFTER QUOTING THIS WITHOUT ANY REASONABLE PROVE YOU HAVE CARRIED OUT ON YOUR OWN.
LOL

Sweet morón.
First u are the fool here because I am not an atheist. You claim to be a Christian that hears from God. But u couldn't hear that simple fact. Lol

Everyone who read this nonsense u just wrote will agreed u aren't very bright. See the kind of mistakes that call themselves Christians these days.
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Atewo400(m): 10:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
Agrogbeide:

LOL
did u just call somebody a "FOOL"
u just disobeyed ur book and u expect another person to believe that the same book will take him to a better afterlife
well am not surprised u disobeyed ur Bible even when the person u are preaching did just the same by calling the Pharisees fools
now I can see that ur book is not contradicting
what a perfect book
gringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by alphaNomega: 11:15pm On Jan 30, 2019
OP abeg leave Bible stories for who wants to believe.

For me not all stories recorded there are true
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by dalaman: 12:55am On Jan 31, 2019
alphaNomega:
OP abeg leave Bible stories for who wants to believe.

For me not all stories recorded there are true

The bible is a book of fictional tales and fables. .

1 Like

Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 31, 2019
NPComplete:

Sweet morón.
First u are the fool here because I am not an atheist. You claim to be a Christian that hears from God. But u couldn't hear that simple fact. Lol

Everyone who read this nonsense u just wrote will agreed u aren't very bright. See the kind of mistakes that call themselves Christians these days.
OKAY!
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 31, 2019
Atewo400:

did u just call somebody a "FOOL"
u just disobeyed ur book and u expect another person to believe that the same book will take him to a better afterlife
well am not surprised u disobeyed ur Bible even when the person u are preaching did just the same by calling the Pharisees fools
now I can see that ur book is not contradicting
what a perfect book
gringringringringringringringringringringrin
Anyone that tries to deny the existence of GOD Who is the SAVIOR AND LORD JESUS CHRIST IS A FOOL. Psalms 14:1, 53:1
Re: How Are We Sure The Bible Isn't Just Fiction To Deceive The Gullible? (PROVES) by Atewo400(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2019
Agrogbeide:
Anyone that tries to deny the existence of GOD Who is the SAVIOR AND LORD JESUS CHRIST IS A FOOL. Psalms 14:1, 53:1
that means the bible approves calling a fool and also disproves it
what a confused book
frosbel2 come and give him a piece of advice

(1) (Reply)

Pope Escapes Death In The Vatican / Watch This If You Are Scared About The End Times (Truthunedited) / Jephtah And His Sacrifice. Did He Really Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.