Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Enyeama Scores In Champs League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Scores In Champs League (1719 Views)

Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo 10 Goals Each, Who Is D Champs League Top Scorer / Oduduru Wins Silver At World Youth Champs! 200m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:42am On Aug 19, 2010
Enyeama scores in Champs League 

Enyeama celebrates scoring from the penalty spot to put his side on the way to a 3-2 win [AFP] 

Nigeria keeper Vincent Enyeama scored a penalty as Hapoel Tel Aviv won 3-2 at Salzburg in their European Champions League playoff first leg while Werder Bremen produced three quickfire strikes to beat Sampdoria 3-1.

Moldovan champions Sheriff Tiraspol, bidding to make the group stages for the first time, lost 1-0 at Swiss club Basel and Portugal's Braga, also yet to qualify for the first round proper, beat Sevilla by the same scoreline.

Anderlecht drew 2-2 at Partizan Belgrade, the only Serbian club to have played in the group stages, in Wednesday's other tie.

Enyeama gave one of the best goalkeeping performances at the 2010 World Cup when he restricted Argentina to a 1-0 win over Nigeria in the first round, repeatedly foiling dangerman Lionel Messi.

On Wednesday he showed a different side to his game as he calmly converted a third-minute penalty for the Israeli league champions in the less glamorous surroundings of Salzburg's half-empty stadium.

Salzburg, Austria's biggest-spending club but foiled in their last three attempts to reach the group stages, levelled with a long-range Nikola Pokrivac shot in the 28th minute.

Ben Sahar and Itay Shechter netted either side of half time for Hapoel before Roman Wallner pulled one back for the hosts with a 66th-minute penalty.

http://english.aljazeera.net/sport/2010/08/20108197191127793.html
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2010
Enyeama is one of the highest goal scoring goalkeepers that plays professional football, I learnt that he has scored about 20 goals in top football. He also performed brilliantly well in the 2010 World Cup held in South Africa.
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by yesboss20(m): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
This man just continues to prove himself as an outstanding player in Isreal. I hope they make it into the champs league finally and he shines big time against the big guns.
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2010
I heard some commentators say that he scored a career 20 goals, could this be true and why are big clubs not signing him on?
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2010
Watch Enyeama score against Afolabi's team in one of the Champion's league qualifiers.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t8O8GSWu24?fs=1&hl=en_GB[/flash]

This guy is certainly carrying Nigeria's flag high.
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by chidichris(m): 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2010
i am really happy for vincent as he has been representing in all fronts.
may our good lord continue to bless him and let him grow from strenght to strenght.

I heard some commentators say that he scored a career 20 goals, could this be true and why are big clubs not signing him on?
@OLAADEGBU,
since when has scoring goals become the pre-requisite for big clubs to sign goalkeepers?
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
chidichris:

i am really happy for vincent as he has been representing in all fronts.
may our good lord continue to bless him and let him grow from strenght to strenght.

@OLAADEGBU,
since when has scoring goals become the pre-requisite for big clubs to sign goalkeepers?

Vincent Enyeama was one of the stars for his shot stopping heroics at the just concluded world cup and to top that up he score goals. Imagine what trust the whole team placed on him to take that penalty kick when they had 10 outfield players to choose from. I learnt that Avram Grant of West Ham was interested in him but I don't know how far the negotiations have gone.
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by mamagee3(f): 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
Is Enyeama a player? I thought he was a goalkeeper.

Or is he a player for his club but a goalkeeper for Nigeria?
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by bawomolo(m): 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
that was a nice kick
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by proudly9ja(m): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2010
I watched this match yesterday and I must say Im happy for Hapoel and Enyeama and I hope they consolidate the away results next week in Israel. It will be great to see them (him) in the group stages. They really do have a good team.

Enyeama wasn't really tested yesterday though. However Im glad that the crosses that came into his box was properly dealt with. Its been long since Naija had a goalkeeper who could confidently deal with crosses. Even the legendary Rufai had issues with crosses.
Re: Enyeama Scores In Champs League by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
With Enyeama in goal Hapoel aviv stands a good chance of progressing to playing in the group stages of the Champion league and that will give him the opportunity to showcase his talents (goalkeeping and scoring) in Europe.

(1) (Reply)

At Last! Kanu Equals Muda Lawal's Record / Olymics 2012 Official Condom(pic) / El Clasico Date Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.