Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) (2470 Views)

Chain Link Fencing & Barb Wire Company / Report of 419 Letters / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by comechop(m): 2:29am On Jan 12, 2006
What Do You Think About Forwarded Messages?

Personally I hate them. Especially those that you recieved like last year from a long lost friend, and then someone sends it to you again, whether through email or messenger. And i worst are those that end with a curse if you break the chain...RIDICULOUS!!!
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by hotangel2(f): 3:05am On Jan 12, 2006
Tell me about it!

I HATE THEM. I don't read them (sorry to everyone that sends them to me). I just delete them. They always end with BIG BIG CURSES. U'll die in 5 days if you don't send this to 15 people within the next 3 minutes.

IF i happen to read them, i always return the CURSE. And i cover myself with the blood of Jesus. Stupid foolish messages.

There was one i got, it was a story about a girl who didn't tell the guy she loved that she loves him, so like 2 days after she decided to tell him, the guy died. And the ending was like[i] " tell your lover you love them, or you'll loose everyone you love in 23 days"[/i]. I was like: hanhan!!!! Abi iru rubbish wo ni eleyi sef? I hate those fxcking forwarded messages. They get on my LAST NERVES!

And they also come as OFFLINE MESSAGES on yahoo too. I cant escaped those ones. So after i read what they have to say.. just forget the last three/two lines. And i reject the curse.

I wonder who the jobless person that starts all those stuff is. Just jobless and start passing foolish stories and cursing people out.
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by otokx(m): 4:51pm On Jan 12, 2006
i equally hate them with a passion.
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by hayo(m): 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2006
Hi guys. I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time, but I just registered today. I must say I get a lot of intellectual stuff from this forum. On the issue of forwarded messages, I think most of them are bandwidth wastage. There is a popular one about protesting the release of a film in the US portraying Jesus as a Lesbian. I think it was absurd because God do not need us to fight. I notice that most of those emails follow the pattern of blackmail i.e. if you don't send it to others... bad luck might creep in on you. My advice... they should get busy and use their bandwidth for more productive things. Glad to be a part of this community.
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by ocho(f): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2006
welcome to Nl hayo!
i think they're sometimes very annoying too angry most of them just occppy a reasonable amount of space in my mail box angry
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by ldollier(f): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2006
forwarded message. gosh do i hate them. i dont even waste my time on reading them. even if its my bf that sends, i just delete em. i really cant stand those ones that be like " if you dont fwd this to 5 people, you will have a bad sex life, you wont get married, blah blah blah" i mean who in the year 2006 still sends those stuff. my motto is " if you didnt compose it, dont even think about sending it to me"
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by Scorpio(f): 7:11pm On Jan 12, 2006
@ Hayo, i got one of those in my mail right now....so if u guyz get somn like that, it's from me cheesy
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by layi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2006
Most irritate me but a few are cool anyway.
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by dejiolowe: 9:55am On Jan 13, 2006
I am guilty of sending jokes to my friends (and never to ppl ain't close to) and if u get to my website, www.dejiolowe.com, u will see that I have got a lorry load of jokes there. May be I love ppl being happy.

But for the chain mails? Only donkeys send them to ppl and only mules believe that they can have a breakthrough sending them...
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by ijebuman(m): 4:51pm On Jan 13, 2006
i think the most annoying is the one about Microsoft/AOL sending people a cheque if they forward the email. I still get that sent to me by some gullible people. That email has been doing the rounds since '99 (and i still haven't got the cheque  grin)
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2006
chain mails or forwarded messages or those cute stories about a little girl in china who needs just a prayer from you all bank on the fact that a lot of people this side of the planet (naija) knwo very little about eMarketing and how large corporations pay anythign from $1000 to $5000 for fresh email addresses to send their SPAM to

here is how it works

1: You get a message from someone out of the blue, you may or may not knwo thsi person
2: you read the message and forward it to everyone you know who in turn forward it to other people.
3: Why do they ask you to forward it?..
4: There is one or two email addresses belonging to the email harvester.. all the forwards get to him with everyones email addresses..
5: he proceeds to harvest them, then sells them to companies interested in selling crap products to people who have not blocked their messages usign anti-spam software..
6: it is like 419, if they mass market a $2 to 2% of the emails harvested, maybe 10,000 (which is very modest) they get large sums in profit..
7: you my finger-forwarding friend have just contribted to the scheme, by forwarding that stupid message
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by ocho(f): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2006
nice one emmmmm............what's the name? that's a pretty long name cheesy
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by dejiolowe: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2006
vira writers like them too...
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by layi(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2006
I recieved 1 now on my phone from a vmobile # (unknown). Its states "Send this text to 5 vmobile subscribers and get 500N voucher "free' ".

What I think?
[list]
[li]I am spending 75N so its no longer free[/li]
[li]I receive sms from VM daily. They would have sent it directly if the intentions were genuine. Scam alerts.[/li]
[/list]

Methinks Vmobile knows about it anyway.
Re: Forwarded Messages (Chain Letters) by hotangel2(f): 8:45am On Jan 19, 2006
i got this one today. I was enjoying the whole story not until i got to the end. WHat the Fxck is wrong with people!

Body: I want a relationship like this

Danny and Ally on phone-

Danny: hey, so how was your day?

Ally: it was fine, how was yours?

Danny: it was ok

~akward silence~

Danny: sooooo......

Ally: *giggle* sooooo.....

Danny: you doin anything tomorrow?

Ally: nope, why?

Danny: uhh, umm, maybe, uhh, i dont know, we
can,
hang out or somethin?

Ally: *blushes* okay, what time?

Danny: *big smile* great! uhh, how about around
6:00pm or something?

Ally: Alright! I'll meet you over at the park then...

Danny: ok then

Ally: well i gotta go, but i'll see you tomorrow?!

Danny: ok, see u then....

-----next day------

>>>Ally walks over to the park and see's Danny
sitting on a bench waiting for her.<<<

Ally: hey, whats up?

Danny: uhh nothin, im happy too see you

Ally: *smiles* me too

Danny: alright, how about we go take a walk

Ally: okay
------------------------------------------------------------
--
--

As they walk she grabs ahold of his hand, Danny
*smiles* as they walk through the park.

----starts getting dark----

Ally: brrr, its getting a little cold out

Danny: wanna go sit on the grass under that tree?

Ally: sure

Danny and Ally: (takes a seat near a tree while
Danny holds Ally in his arms keeping her warm)

Ally: thank you, i feel much better now

Danny: me too

Ally: *giggles* why is that?

Danny: cause im with you

Ally: im happy with you too

Danny: uhh, umm, ...nevermind

Ally: no, what is it, you can tell me

Danny: its just....

Ally: yea

Danny: i feel different when im with you

Ally: what do you mean?

Danny: i mean, you make me wanna be with you
for
the rest of my life, ive never had anyone make me
feel the way you make me feel...

Ally: *blushes* i feel like that too

Danny: i ... i .. lov.....

Ally: (leans over and kisses him)

-a few moments into kiss-

Danny: uhh *blushes*

Ally: i love you

Danny: i love you too and i always will

_Danny holds Ally as they look up at the stars_

Danny and Ally fall asleep under the stars....
10 YEARS LATER

Ally: WORKING AS A MAGAZINE EDITOR, 24
YEARS OLD

Danny: WORKING AS A MEDICAL DOCTOR, 25
YEARS OLD

The two dated up until prom night where Danny
asked Ally too be his wife.....

Ally Roberts is probley one of the happiest women
on earth,
Danny is probley the luckiest man....
<
><
><
>

Repost if you just want to find that right person
too fall in love with.....or u already have smiley
____*************___
_____***********____
______*********_____
_______*******______
________*****_______
_________***________
__________*_________

Whoever ruins this
will be single

for the next 4 years.....

If you repost this in the next 7 minutes of reading,
you will be kissed
by someone who really likes you

repost this with the title "I Want a Relationship Like This"

(1) (Reply)

How Good Are Lg Laptops? / Core 2 Duo Or Core I5? / Mint Dell E6430u For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.