Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Interswitch Is Unsecured - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Interswitch Is Unsecured (2093 Views)

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay / Equitorial Bank Website Used For Interswitch 419 Scam / Interswitch /etransact And Vpay Cards For N15,000 Set Up ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 10:29am On Aug 19, 2010
I have discovered a loophole in Interswitch's online payment gateway.

I dont need a valid card information, pin code, expiration date, and I can still process a payment for it to get approved.

I have tried getting in touch with them to have a talk with Interswitch but they are not responding. And they just got certified last month as meeting international standards for online payment processor.

What can I do next? This is a huge risk for business and just waiting to be exploited.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Bishop(m): 11:06am On Aug 19, 2010
There are agencies which have oversight function on companies such as interswitch but your claim must be valid.

Any of the processing banks can take this claim up.write to any Md of the banks or NDIC,CBN.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2010
I can prove it.

It is replicable.

I will look up those bodies mentioned.

Thanks
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
I am first going to try to get their attention, mail those bodies given above, mail the certification agency. Before I will decide to make this public
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by OmniPotens(m): 6:02pm On Aug 19, 2010
I have a direct link to them. I personally am working with the company that developed the website so I can help do something about it. We can discuss things out please. Don't opensource as @Dual Core wants you to. My email is on my profile.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by lojik(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
@cactus,
Don't post it o. Don't opensource it. A lot of businesses might suffer. If u need the contact of some of their technical persons, mail me. I'll give u their direct contact details and believe me, they will respond.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Seun(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2010
Don't even think of making it public. Nothing good can come out of that. 
But they should respond to you as soon as possible, because bad hackers may
be able to find the loophole easily now that they know for sure that one exists.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Djswaggz(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
Seun. . . If I want to advertise on the home page can you give pricing and specifications? please send me a mail. djswaggz@yahoo.com cool Puhlease.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by abhosts(m): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
I think you should have quietly kept your findings to yourself and moved on with your life. If your findings are true, this thread actually does more harm than good since it will awaken the contentiousness of  Nigerian scammers to a potential "feast". But you appear to be taking it like a joke. I hope this does not land you in trouble as you have now made yourself a potential scapegoat for all past cases of fraudulent activity on their network.

Moderator, for the sake of innocent businesses that use this payment gateway, Please delete this thread.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Seun(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2010
I think you should have quietly kept your findings to yourself and moved on with your life. If your findings are true, this thread actually does more harm than good. I hope this does not land you in trouble as you have now made yourself a potential scapegoat for all past cases of fraudulent activity on their network.
This thread by itself is not a problem provided he doesn't release any information to potential fraudsters.
If Cactus acts professionally, I think this might even be a stepping stone to becoming a security consultant.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by AbidemiA: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
Cactus:

This is a huge risk for business and just waiting to be exploited.

Business risk to who? Merchant, Customer Or Bank
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Seun(m): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
Primarily merchants, I imagine.
When such bogus payments are detected and reversed,
the merchants may have already shipped the products they 'paid' for.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by AbidemiA: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
Seun:

Primarily merchants, I imagine.
When such bogus payments are detected and reversed,
the merchants may have already shipped the products they 'paid' for.

Then the bank/payment gateway is liable because they misinformed the merchant . All the merchant needs is proof that his account was credited for such transaction at a point and that the good was shipped as advised by the bank/payment gateway.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Abidemi_A:

Then the bank/payment gateway is liable because they misinformed the merchant . All the merchant needs is proof that his account was credited for such transaction at a point and that the good was shipped as advised by the bank/payment gateway.
Most Nigerian banks (and big telcos) have funny contracts that absolve them of any liability in any situation.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
@seun I do understand your concerns but soon and very soon, it will be discovered and potentially if it is discovered, then it can potentially be extremely disastrous they can go out of business if it gets into wrong hands, but this is Nigeria who knows.

Scapegoat, well that is none of my worries right now.

I have done for tokunbo.com, they were questioning that if i was the hacker. That was for sql injection.

Being talking with pips for advice and getting a couple of contacts together.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
well finally they replied. about looking into the situation

hopefully lets see how it goes
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by 9jawear(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2010
never liked interswitch,guess thats why gtb bank decided to start their own platform.
customer service is poor and their internet payment gateway is way damn expensive
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by lagoshost(m): 10:12am On Aug 23, 2010
How far with this issue? I am interested in this.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by 9jawear(m): 10:24am On Aug 23, 2010
why should a business be paying 150,000 just to integrate it on their platform,its pathetic
even from their shabby looking website,it shows they are not on point
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2010
@all,

I am pleased that Interswitch is taking positive steps into the issue. Assessing what is needed to be done. I am not at liberty to disclose any additional information in regards to this.

I can definitely tell y'all that Interswitch is actively working towards a resolution.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2010
look at you, feeling cool  grin

Cactus:

I am pleased that Interswitch is taking positive steps into the issue. Assessing what is needed to be done. I am not at liberty to disclose any additional information in regards to this.

what you call a loop-hole is, if anything, a quasi-security measure by Interswitch bearing in mind their out dated processing equipment that would open up numerous REAL loop-holes if subjected to the algorithms required for verifying/authenticating user data in real-time, uhm, thinking,
i am probably wrong, but certainly security breaches are not initiated as clumsily as you imagine.
And that's why they did not reply your 1001 emails,
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by DualCore1: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
wetin ths bobo dey talk?
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by abhosts(m): 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2010
Dual Core:

wetin ths bobo dey talk? 

I was thinking the same thing too. grin grin grin
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
this is very interesting. . .
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Slyr0x: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2010
Cactus:

I have discovered a loophole in Interswitch's online payment gateway.

Nice one. Sounds lyk an 0-day xploit if TRUE. Nywaiz, u just increased Cyber attacks launched at Interswitch.

Lets C aw dis will go,
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by kodewrita(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2010
nigerian sites can be very irritating. a few months back, my regular pastime each morning was to browse the admin folder of a particular reputable stock broking firm and read their daily reports including notes of meetings. That doorway is still there unblocked. I read their for-subscription reports easy. Have been meaning to talk to them.

As for a respected financial securities agency on the other hand, I managed (unconsciously) to get to a page allowing me admin rights to activate some accounts (the button was there so am making assumptions). Even if no one uses that page for that purpose, my email and the emails of many other users are displayed so easily. anyone could write a bot to exploit that. thanks for reminding me with this post. I am calling them right now.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Slyr0x: 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2010
kodewrita:

nigerian sites can be very irritating. a few months back, my regular pastime each morning was to browse the admin folder of a particular reputable stock broking firm and read their daily reports including notes of meetings. That doorway is still there unblocked. I read their for-subscription reports easy. Have been meaning to talk to them.

As for a respected financial securities agency on the other hand, I managed (unconsciously) to get to a page allowing me admin rights to activate some accounts (the button was there so am making assumptions). Even if no one uses that page for that purpose, my email and the emails of many other users are displayed so easily. anyone could write a bot to exploit that. thanks for reminding me with this post. I am calling them right now.

lool, Cal them?? That sounds ridiculous!

I found an 0-day xPloit on one Nigerian Webhosting Company hosting over 100+ top profile sites that gave me r00t access to the server, sent a mail to them and TILL THIS PRESENT MOMENT DIDNT GET A REPLY TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT.

The amazing thing then was 'In less than a month, the bug was patched!'. Guess twas the approach anyway.

NB: Dont make the mistake of calling/mailing the 'Admin'. Get in contact with the COMPANY involved.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 27, 2010
BoboYekini:

look at you, feeling cool  grin

what you call a loop-hole is, if anything, a quasi-security measure by Interswitch bearing in mind their out dated processing equipment that would open up numerous REAL loop-holes if subjected to the algorithms required for verifying/authenticating user data in real-time, uhm, thinking,
i am probably wrong, but certainly security breaches are not initiated as clumsily as you imagine.
And that's why they did not reply your 1001 emails,
Interswitch does not answer people quickly. That is a known fact, and it is a Nigerian company again.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by soLaree(m): 5:58am On Aug 27, 2010
abhosts:

I was thinking the same thing too. grin grin grin
Na too mush of book na him cuz am, him dey write all shakespare phrase for here, msheew!!

WVS can testify to the loophole, seems i need to wrk on that
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by kodewrita(m): 6:48am On Aug 27, 2010
@Dual Core , I just noticed you wrote jquery in your address.lol. geeks will be geeks.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Cactus(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2010
UBA is also threading similar tracks as interswitch. Will give a feedback on that later. But I think UBA is also using interswitch's system. but Hopefully I will have a conclusive remark in regards to UBA's online payment implementation.

But what I have seen so far makes me worry a little bit.
Re: Interswitch Is Unsecured by Dizzy001(m): 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
Inter switch does not answer people quickly. That is a known fact, and it is a Nigerian company again.

are you trying to say all Nigerian companies have slow customer support tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Www.247nigeria.com Has Been Hacked / My Free Javascript Html5 Bar Chart Script / Which Domain Registrar And Host Should I Go For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.