Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Could It Be That They're More Than One God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Be That They're More Than One God? (754 Views)

Begotten Son (God) Of The One God How Possible? / Jesus himself believes in One God his God / There Is Only ONE God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]I was reading my bible,, with particular emphasis on "Genesis 1:26".And God said" let Us create man in out own image..... ". From my own personal understanding, the US there means there were more than one, maybe two or even billion others. God is a particular individual involved in the creation of man, and the others could include others such as:Zeus, Allah, Osiris, ogunbanjo, if, Satan, etc.... So which of these Gods do we worship in church, mosque, and other religious centers? Could God and Allah be two different creators involved in the creation of man? Before I receive criticism, I just want to say that this is just my own understanding due to my individual perception.... We all have out own truths.... So I need Christians, Muslims, atheist, pantheism, deist que other "ist" to voice out their own understanding of the above verse.... Thank you
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by F00028: 6:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
you need to understand that in eastern languages like Hebrew and Arabic they have plurals of respect. so you'll find Us, We, Our etc yet still referring to a singularity.

besides, if there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides the One True God, there would have been confusion in both! -Quran 20:21

there can be only ONE !
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
F00028:
If there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides the One True God, there would have been confusion in both! -Quran 20:21

there can be only ONE !
so am supposed to believe everything written in a Quran, even when it defies logic?
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by F00028: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
futurist369:
so am supposed to believe everything written in a Quran, even when it defies logic?
F00028:
you need to understand that in eastern languages like Hebrew and Arabic they have plurals of respect. so you'll find Us, We, Our etc yet still referring to a singularity...
this is something you can easily research
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
F00028:

this is something you can easpily research
ok[b][/b]ay thanks
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by budaatum: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
If there weren't other gods Yahweh would not be so jealous to have to tell you to "worship no other gods but me"!

6 Likes

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by NPComplete: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
F00028:
you need to understand that in eastern languages like Hebrew and Arabic they have plurals of respect. so you'll find Us, We, Our etc yet still referring to a singularity.

besides, if there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides the One True God, there would have been confusion in both! -Quran 20:21

there can be only ONE !

Lies. Even the Jews were not monotheistic until the reformation of Josiah. That was around the same time the books of the bible was transcribed from oral tradition to written text. The only reason why Jews are monotheists today is because the monotheists won in the power struggle against the polytheists. The opposite happened in ancient Egypt. The word Elohim is said to be a plural form of deities.

Actually any logical Christian or Muslim should believe in many gods than one singular god. The probability that a god could exist out of nothing and just come into being is the strongest argument for other similar gods just existing out of nothing and coming into being without any explanation and having neither end nor beginning.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
budaatum:
If there weren't other gods Yahweh would not be so jealous to have to tell you to "worship no other gods but me"!
" no other gods "even signifies they're other gods...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Richirich713: 6:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
The next verse tells us that there was only one who created humankind, hence only one God.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by F00028: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2019
NPComplete:

Actually any logical Christian or Muslim should believe in many gods than one singular god...

any logical Christian or Muslim should believe that you can't have two Captains on one ship.

it's an obviously simple argument: no institution, no household, not to speak of the vast universe containing multitudes of countless distant stars, can function smoothly and properly, if it has two masters.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by F00028: 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
futurist369:
" no other gods "even signifies they're other gods...
no. it means there CAN be no other God's.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2019
futurist369:
[color=#990000][/color]I was reading my bible,, with particular emphasis on "Genesis 1:26".And God said" let Us create man in out own image..... ". From my own personal understanding, the US there means there were more than one, maybe two or even billion others. God is a particular individual involved in the creation of man, and the others could include others such as:Zeus, Allah, Osiris, ogunbanjo, if, Satan, etc.... So which of these Gods do we worship in church, mosque, and other religious centers? Could God and Allah be two different creators involved in the creation of man? Before I receive criticism, I just want to say that this is just my own understanding due to my individual perception.... We all have out own truths.... So I need Christians, Muslims, atheist, pantheism, deist que other "ist" to voice out their own understanding of the above verse.... Thank you
You are translating English language meaning of US forgetting that there are cultural use of "US"

In Yoruba language , Plural "E" is used to refer to an individual as a mark of Respect.
In Arabic and other Semitic languages: an important personality would use "WE", "US" and "OUR" for himself.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by NPComplete: 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2019
F00028:

any logical Christian or Muslim should believe that you can't have two Captains on one ship.

it's an obviously simple argument: no institution, no household, not to speak of the vast universe containing multitudes of countless distant stars, can function smoothly and properly, if it has two masters.

I guess u never heard of partnerships in the universe u are from.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by alfaman3: 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2019
Richirich713:
The next verse tells us that there was only one who created humankind, hence only one God.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

It's like computers thinking there's only one human because that human created them.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by Richirich713: 8:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
alfaman3:

It's like computers thinking there's only one human because that human created them.

That's not analogous to the passage though. The text makes it clear that only God created humankind. The hebrew word for create (bara) always has only one subject - God.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:48pm On Feb 02, 2019
Richirich713:

That's not analogous to the passage. The text makes it clear that only God created humankind. The hebrew word for create (bara) always has only one subject - God.

Enki and Ninmah created the black headed people... That is us, Enki and Ninghiszida created the second set, that is the mongoliods while Marduk and... Some. Say Inanna created the Caucasian... I don't know how true it is, cause marduk and Inanna are enemies....

Enki Is Obatala.... The father of humanity.

There are more than one God.... There is only one creator of all... And he is the Lord Marduk, the lugal dimmer ankia which means the divine king of heaven and earth... He is also olodumare..
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by orunto27: 11:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
There is Trinity, if that doesn't violate your thinking.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by princy80(m): 12:02am On Feb 03, 2019
orunto27:
There is Trinity, if that doesn't violate your thinking.
What's trinity? One very funny doctrine of 3 people in one. They tell you it is beyond human comprehension, thus there's no need to think. Just shutdown the brain and believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by benodic: 7:40am On Feb 03, 2019
There is only one supreme God. It created many heavens and put lesser gods in charge of those planes. The gods in charge of the lower planes or heavens are usually the ones that require recognition and worship. The Supreme God has no need for such and its only requirement is that Soul attains spiritual maturity and returns back home to It. In order words there is a spiritual hierarchy headed by the Supreme God.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:18am On Feb 03, 2019
GOD does not reside in Heaven alone. He is the FATHER and KING of Heaven.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by orunto27: 11:37am On Feb 03, 2019
princy80:

What's trinity? One very funny doctrine of 3 people in one. They tell you it is beyond human comprehension, thus there's no need to think. Just shutdown the brain and believe.

Atheist's way to destruction. Atheists are mad since they are noncomformists. Christians cannot be yoked them because they are already in Hell.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by princy80(m): 11:46am On Feb 03, 2019
orunto27:

Atheist's way to destruction. Atheists are mad since they are noncomformists. Christians cannot be yoked them because they are already in Hell.

That is the back-bone of your belief; Hell. You also are in hell. Everybody is in hell. Everybody is also in heaven.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by orunto27: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
princy80:

That is the back-bone of your belief; Hell. You also are in hell. Everybody is in hell. Everybody is also in heaven.

You are repeating Atheist's principle. By Democracy, the best form of Government in Heaven and on Earth, I am free to disagree. This leaves us to The Supreme Spirit that you don't believe but I do, as The Supreme Judge in Heaven who created the Earth as His Foot Stool.
Re: Could It Be That They're More Than One God? by princy80(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
orunto27:

You are repeating Atheist's principle. By Democracy, the best form of Government in Heaven and on Earth, I am free to disagree. This leaves us to The Supreme Spirit that you don't believe but I do, as The Supreme Judge in Heaven who created the Earth as His Foot Stool.
It doesn't leave 'us'. It leaves only you.

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Value Of A Human Soul / DREAMs, VISIONS AND PROPHECIES (TO OPEN YOUR EYES) ..... FOR THE END TIMES ! / RCCG GO Claims 'god' Using Covid-19 To Get Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.