Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,237 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] (3474 Views)

Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos / Lord's Chosen Church Member With Tire In Action (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

Not just The Chosen but every other church.

We were never asked to establish churches but to make disciples of all nations. We were also not asked to become disciples.

There is only one Church established by Christ on the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the cornerstone. There were local assemblies designated by the cities they were in but they were still all one Church, one belief, one head, one body of saints, etcetera.

Your Church was established by a man. Christ never said "Go and establish churches".

So this is your reason why Chosen is very unbiblical. It means any church with a name is unbiblical. Deeperlife, Redeemed are all unbiblical.

So what is the name of your church, where you worship God? Or is your church nameless? Do you even go to church?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrPRevailer:

So this is your reason why Chosen is very unbiblical. It means any church with a name is unbiblical. Deeperlife, Redeemed are all unbiblical.

So what is the name of your church, where you worship God? Or is your church nameless? Do you even go to church?

If you read my post, I wrote as indeed other churches

It is not because they have a name but because they were established by men.

Planting a church is totally different from establishing a church. The True Church was established by Christ on the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the cornerstone.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:49pm On Feb 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

If you read my post, I wrote as indeed other churches

It is not because they have a name but because they were established by men.

Planting a church is totally different from establishing a church. The True Church was established by Christ on the foundation of the Apostles with Christ as the cornerstone.

So the place where you are worshipping, what is it called?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrPRevailer:

So the place where you are worshipping, what is it called?

I do not have a worship place.

However, I do not forsake the gatherings of believers, as long as there is someone with whom to gather in His name.

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." ( Matthew 18:20)
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2019
BluntBoy:

I do not have a worship place.

However, I do not forsake the gatherings of believers, as long as there is someone with whom to gather in His name.

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." ( Matthew 18:20)

That's means you don't go to any church.

The Bible said "Do not forsake the gathering of the saints" you are doing exactly what it said you shouldn't.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2019
MrPRevailer:

That's means you don't go to any church.

The Bible said "Do not forsake the gathering of the saints" you are doing exactly what it said you shouldn't.

Read the whole verse.

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25)

Here is another version:

not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

The Apostles thought Christ would return in their lifetime. Thus the believers were encouraged to always meet to strengthen themselves in preparedness for the Day (the Return of Christ).

Moreover, the verse did not mandate, rather it advised. It is not like it is a sin to be absent neither does it sound like a law.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 3:38am On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

Read the whole verse.

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. (Hebrews 10:25)

Here is another version:

not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

The Apostles thought Christ would return in their lifetime. Thus the believers were encouraged to always meet to strengthen themselves in preparedness for the Day (the Return of Christ).

Moreover, the verse did not mandate, rather it advised. It is not like it is a sin to be absent neither does it sound like a law.

This is the entire and we are expecting the return of Jesus any moment from now. So this scripture appears more critical than ever before.

Also it is not just an advice. It is MANDATORY. that is why he said "like is the manner of some" (example: Bluntboy).

I also want to include that because a church bears a name does make it unbiblical. What a way to demonstrate negligence of the word of God and requirement to Heaven. What matters is that Church preaches and adheres to the full standards of worship and service/righteousness to God according to Scriptures.

Read Revelation Chapter 2 and 3
Jesus sent warning/letter to the Churches at Ephesus, pergamum, Thyatira etc not to a brother or disciple.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by Nobody: 3:56am On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:
Chosen people are dancing again

2 Likes

Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

This is the entire and we are expecting the return of Jesus any moment from now. So this scripture appears more critical than ever before.

Also it is not just an advice. It is MANDATORY. that is why he said "like is the manner of some" (example: Bluntboy).

I also want to include that because a church bears a name does make it unbiblical. What a way to demonstrate negligence of the word of God and requirement to Heaven. What matters is that Church preaches and adheres to the full standards of worship and service/righteousness to God according to Scriptures.

Read Revelation Chapter 2 and 3
Jesus sent warning/letter to the Churches at Ephesus, pergamum, Thyatira etc not to a brother or disciple.

There was a town hall meeting we used to have while I was an undergraduate. We were advised never to miss it because it was our only chance of having a say in student affairs. Does this mean the town hall meeting was mandatory or advisory? Would the town hall meeting increase our GP? Of course not. But it gave us a voice. The same was for the meeting of the Early believers. Their faith was still young and they were prone to the antics of false teachings, hence the need to meet regularly to reinforce their faith. It is like learning a new language. You need to reinforce your learning every day, if not you would fail. Today, many of you ought to be already strong but your decisions to remain disciples to another man for as long as you live is the reason why you may not attain spiritual maturity. The case of the Early believers is totally different from the case of today's Christians. The Bible had not proliferated in those days coupled with the fact that Christ promised to come in that generation, meeting regularly was a priority.

Your second paragraph shows that you have not been reading my post fully. I wrote that it is not because churches of today have names but because they were established by men. The need for a label is made more sacrosanct by the fact that each church is man-made and belongs to a man or men.

Answer an honest question: why do you gather as a church?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

There was a town hall meeting we used to have while I was an undergraduate. We were advised never to miss it because it was our only chance of having a say in student affairs. Does this mean the town hall meeting was mandatory or advisory? Would the town hall meeting increase our GP? Of course not. But it gave us a voice. The same was for the meeting of the Early believers. Their faith was still young and they were prone to the antics of false teachings, hence the need to meet regularly to reinforce their faith. It is like learning a new language. You need to reinforce your learning every day, if not you would fail. Today, many of you ought to be already strong but your decisions to remain disciples to another man for as long as you live is the reason why you may not attain spiritual maturity. The case of the Early believers is totally different from the case of today's Christians. The Bible had not proliferated in those days coupled with the fact that Christ promised to come in that generation, meeting regularly was a priority.

Your second paragraph shows that you have not been reading my post fully. I wrote that it is not because churches of today have names but because they were established by men. The need for a label is made more sacrosanct by the fact that each church is man-made and belongs to a man or men.

Answer an honest question: why do you gather as a church?

Were Paul, Peter and the apostles not men? We're they angels? Lol grin
The church at Corinthians, Ephesus etc were all man-made churches. They weren't imported from heaven.

We gather in the Church to be ministered and nurtured by the word of God through an anointed vessel/leader. There must be leaders in the church. These verses are an admonition to the leaders and the flock.

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/13-17.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/3-1.htm

https://biblehub.com/kjv/acts/20-28.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_peter/5-2.htm
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 3:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Were Paul, Peter and the apostles not men? We're they angels? Lol grin
The church at Corinthians, Ephesus etc were all man-made churches. They weren't imported from heaven.

We gather in the Church to be ministered and nurtured by the word of God through an anointed vessel/leader. There must be leaders in the church. These verses are an admonition to the leaders and the flock.

https://biblehub.com/hebrews/13-17.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_timothy/3-1.htm

https://biblehub.com/kjv/acts/20-28.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_peter/5-2.htm

That was why I wrote earlier that planting a church is different from establishing a church

The Church has been established. You can plant the church everywhere but you are not allowed to establish other churches.

Answer this question, is your church the same body as Winners Chapel?

You mentioned that you gather to be nurtured by an anointed vessel/leader. Does this mean you are not anointed yourself grin
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 3:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

That was why I wrote earlier that planting a church is different from establishing a church

The Church has been established. You can plant the church everywhere but you are not allowed to establish other churches.

Answer this question, is your church the same body as Winners Chapel?

You mentioned that you gather to be nurtured by an anointed vessel/leader. Does this mean you are not anointed yourself grin

Also the holyspirit gives different gift to members of the body of Christ to minister to one another for the edifying of the church.

https://biblehub.com/ephesians/4-11.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/12-6.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/12-28.htm

"17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him"

Church is headed by a Pastor/Overseer. The contrast between Church doctrines can range from slight to wide margin. Because people(Pastors) read the Bible and understand it differently, are motivated differently (Money, fame, Spirit-filled) and therefore they lead differently.
Some teach it's ok to practise this or that, some others teach it is contrary to God's word.

That's why the bible said
"Be not deceived, for because of this comes the wrath of God on the chidren of disobedience".

There are so many churches. A believer should pray to God to lead him to the right church. He also needs to be Scripture-wise to discern deception from any church leader. (Such as 100% focus on prosperity gospel instead of Holiness)
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Also the holyspirit gives different gift to members of the body of Christ to minister to one another for the edifying of the church.

https://biblehub.com/ephesians/4-11.htm

https://biblehub.com/romans/12-6.htm

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/12-28.htm

"17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him"

Church is headed by a Pastor/Overseer. The contrast between Church doctrines can range from slight to wide margin. Because people(Pastors) read the Bible and understand it differently, are motivated differently (Money, fame, Spirit-filled) and therefore they lead differently.
Some teach it's ok to practise this or that, some others teach it is contrary to God's word.

That's why the bible said
"Be not deceived, for because of this comes the wrath of God on the chidren of disobedience".

There are so many churches. A believer should pray to God to lead him to the right church. He also needs to be Scripture-wise to discern deception from any church leader. (Such as 100% focus on prosperity gospel instead of Holiness)

The reasons you have given are carnal influenced.

You are making a case for division embodied by countless Christian denominations.

Division arose even in the Early Church but Paul was quick to crush it.

When one of you says, "I am a follower of Paul," and another says, "I follow Apollos," aren't you acting just like people of the world? (1 Corinthians 3:4)

That would have been the beginning of denominations (divisions) but Paul condemned it outrightly.

There is only one Church, one body of Christians and one teaching.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! (Galatians 1:8 )

Why should doctrines differ within a body? Why are you labeled a Chosen?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by 1Sharon(f): 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:
Are you being troubled by evil spirit?
Come to Chosen Crusade. God will deliver you

Can an amputee come too and get the limb restored?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2019
1Sharon:

Can an amputee come too and get the limb restored?

It is possible. People have given such testimonies in CHOSEN. But they are very few I have heard.
Like I remember a man testified his toes decayed and was aputatated. But when he came to Chosen, they all grew back. He showed the leg to the Camera.
And another person some years ago testified how his armputated hands grew back.
These are rare testimonies. However, God can do all things.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

The reasons you have given are carnal influenced.

You are making a case for division embodied by countless Christian denominations.

Division arose even in the Early Church but Paul was quick to crush it.

When one of you says, "I am a follower of Paul," and another says, "I follow Apollos," aren't you acting just like people of the world? (1 Corinthians 3:4)

That would have been the beginning of denominations (divisions) but Paul condemned it outrightly.

There is only one Church, one body of Christians and one teaching.

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse! (Galatians 1:8 )

Why should doctrines differ within a body? Why are you labeled a Chosen?

In the days of the apostles, Peter and Paul were the heads overseeing the affairs of the church. Tell me according to your own version of one church, who is the head of the church now?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by 1Sharon(f): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

It is possible. People have given such testimonies in CHOSEN. But they are very few I have heard.
Like I remember a man testified his toes decayed and was aputatated. But when he came to Chosen, they all grew back. He showed the leg to the Camera.
And another person some years ago testified how his armputated hands grew back.
These are rare testimonies. However, God can do all things.

I need video evidence pls
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2019
1Sharon:

I need video evidence pls

Sorry I don't have the clip because I don't remember which program it happened. We have numerous records. But you can go search yourself.

YouTube channel: Chosen Television
YouTube channel:. CHOSEN TV OFFICIAL
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

In the days of the apostles, Peter and Paul were the heads overseeing the affairs of the church. Tell me according to your own version of one church, who is the head of the church now?

The churches were headed by councils of elders.

Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. (Acts 14:23)

Christ is still the head of the church

Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything (Colossians 1:18)
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2019
BluntBoy:

The churches were headed by councils of elders.

Paul and Barnabas appointed elders for them in each church and, with prayer and fasting, committed them to the Lord, in whom they had put their trust. (Acts 14:23)

Christ is still the head of the church

Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything (Colossians 1:18)

Paul was a Leader of the church to the gentiles. Peter was the Leader of the church to the Jews. The rest were like branch pastors assigned to different locations of the nation/nations

https://biblehub.com/acts/5-9.htm

Now they are all gone. Who then should be the Leaders of the church of your perspective. I'm asking you?!??
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 7:58pm On Feb 14, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Paul was a Leader of the church to the gentiles. Peter was the Leader of the church to the Jews. The rest were like branch pastors assigned to different locations of the nation/nations

https://biblehub.com/acts/5-9.htm

Now they are all gone. Who then should be the Leaders of the church of your perspective. I'm asking you?!??

Bro, where did you read that Paul was leader of the Gentile churches?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 12:38am On Feb 15, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, where did you read that Paul was leader of the Gentile churches?

Acts 9:15
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Romans 11:13
"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:"

Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 12:48am On Feb 15, 2019
MrPRevailer:

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:"

The question you should be asking is What happened to the Church Christ established?
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 3:38am On Feb 15, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Paul was an apostle to. Apostle means "sent forth". Paul was sent forth to the Gentiles. He was a messenger bearing a message to the Gentiles.

For instance, if you are sent to a school by the commissioner to broadcast some information, does it make you the leader of the school? No. You are just a messenger.

He was an Apostle (a messenger) to the Gentiles.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 11:23am On Feb 15, 2019
BluntBoy:

Paul was an apostle to. Apostle means "sent forth". Paul was sent forth to the Gentiles. He was a messenger bearing a message to the Gentiles.

For instance, if you are sent to a school by the commissioner to broadcast some information, does it make you the leader of the school? No. You are just a messenger.

He was an Apostle (a messenger) to the Gentiles.

Lol. grin
See how you are just running upandan just to remain right Kai.

1 Corinthians 4:15 (Paul speaking)
For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

The apostles of Jesus are the first Leaders of the church.

MAN OF GOD. THERE ARE MANY MEN OF GOD.

16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 11:30am On Feb 15, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Lol. grin
See how you are just running upandan just to remain right Kai.

1 Corinthians 4:15
For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

The apostles of Jesus are the first Leaders of the church.

MAN OF GOD. THERE ARE MANY MEN OF GOD.

16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

There are many men of God but one church. I am a man of God myself, and so are you (provided you are doing the work of God sincerely and not merely glorifying your church)

As for Paul, don't you think he contradicted Jesus's teachings to the disciples not to allow anyone call them father or rabbi? If you think he does, you have a lot to learn. If you don't, therein lies what you are looking for.

Bro, you have a lot to learn. But I am willing to teach you.

You take the Bible too literally and then read meanings to a lot of harmless statements.

There may be contradictions in the Bible due to human factors, but then many of the other contradictions lie in the way we interpret the Bible.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
BluntBoy:

There are many men of God but one church. I am a man of God myself, and so are you (provided you are doing the work of God sincerely and not merely glorifying your church)

As for Paul, don't you think he contradicted Jesus's teachings to the disciples not to allow anyone call them father or rabbi? If you think he does, you have a lot to learn. If you don't, therein lies what you are looking for.

Bro, you have a lot to learn. But I am willing to teach you.

You take the Bible too literally and then read meanings to a lot of harmless statements.

There may be contradictions in the Bible due to human factors, but then many of the other contradictions lie in the way we interpret the Bible.

There in lies the reason why there are so many churches, and there cannot be one church in this present time. You've said it yourself.

Only in a perfect world will there be one church. That is in the Millennium reign of Jesus Christ, when the Deceiver is bound.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Atheism is also a religion.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2019
MrPRevailer:

There in lies the reason why there are so many churches, and there cannot be one church in this present time. You've said it yourself.

Only in a perfect world will there be one church. That is in the Millennium reign of Jesus Christ, when the Deceiver is bound.

Which makes all the churches today man-made. That is exactly my argument. Any pastor of an established church can just wake up one morning and go and start his own church. It wasn't the case with the True Church during the era of the Apostles and the other Early Christians. Dispute arose and there were two camps, one for Paul, and the other for Apollos.

But did Apollos leave to start his own church like today's pastors would? No. Instead Paul crushed the division with a letter of exhortation.

Even when the church was divided on the issue of the Laws of Moses for Gentile converts, it remained resolute to keep its unity.

Bro, today's churches are man-made and built on the weak foundation of competition, greed, avarice, and other characteristics of worldliness.

That is why today's churches practise Churchianity rather than Christianity. It is all about their church and pastor. Christ has taken a backseat in their boastfulness. Look at your church member, bedspread, foaming in the mouth because according to him I dared to mention your church in bad light. The irony is that you never see this sort of enthusiasm when Our Lord is mocked here by atheists and their attendant bedfellows.

Where is the Church that Christ established? Why did the Church survive the Roman persecution but could not survive a schism during a time of relative peace?

The answer is obvious -- man's bond to the things of the flesh. The need to seek groups, to lead or be led, to expand, to belong to a label, to create competitions with outgroups.

Paul gave the reason for the division;

Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2019
BluntBoy:

Which makes all the churches today man-made. That is exactly my argument. Any pastor of an established church can just wake up one morning and go and start his own church. It wasn't the case with the True Church during the era of the Apostles and the other Early Christians. Dispute arose and there were two camps, one for Paul, and the other for Apollos.

But did Apollos leave to start his own church like today's pastors would? No. Instead Paul crushed the division with a letter of exhortation.

Even when the church was divided on the issue of the Laws of Moses for Gentile converts, it remained resolute to keep its unity.

Bro, today's churches are man-made and built on the weak foundation of competition, greed, avarice, and other characteristics of worldliness.

That is why today's churches practise Churchianity rather than Christianity. It is all about their church and pastor. Christ has taken a backseat in their boastfulness. Look at your church member, bedspread, foaming in the mouth because according to him I dared to mention your church in bad light. The irony is that you never see this sort of enthusiasm when Our Lord is mocked here by atheists and their attendant bedfellows.

Where is the Church that Christ established? Why did the Church survive the Roman persecution but could not survive a schism during a time of relative peace?

The answer is obvious -- man's bond to the things of the flesh. The need to seek groups, to lead or be led, to expand, to belong to a label, to create competitions with outgroups.

Paul gave the reason for the division;

Even in the days of the Early apostles, though the church had just begun, they were already witnessing an outburst of false teachers of the Faith. Example Hymenaeus and Alexander

1Timothy 1: 18-20
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A18-20&version=KJV

2 Peter 2:2
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies,.... Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.

Look also at this verse below which shows that there are bishops and there are the flocks. Not everyone is a bishop but those who are Called for the task.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/asv/acts/20-28.html

Moreover, Paul the apostle fought hard to keep the church as one. But he knew that church division is INEVITABLE

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Not every bishop will be greedy, covetous or false, as we can see in this verse.
https://biblehub.com/kjv/1_timothy/6-11.htm

Therefore, we must follow the Bishops who speak the truth of the gospel without gain or filthy lucre. We can see that in Paul's time, there were already a growing number of false teachers/false apostles/false bishops within the Christian Faith.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by BluntBoy(m): 11:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
MrPRevailer:

Even in the days of the Early apostles, though the church had just begun, they were already witnessing an outburst of false teachers of the Faith. Example Hymenaeus and Alexander

1Timothy 1: 18-20
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Timothy+1%3A18-20&version=KJV

2 Peter 2:2
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies,.... Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories.

Look also at this verse below which shows that there are bishops and there are the flocks. Not everyone is a bishop but those who are Called for the task.
https://www.biblestudytools.com/asv/acts/20-28.html

Moreover, Paul the apostle fought hard to keep the church as one. But he knew that church division is INEVITABLE

Acts 20:29
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Not every bishop will be greedy, covetous or false, as we can see in this verse.
https://biblehub.com/kjv/1_timothy/6-11.htm

Therefore, we must follow the Bishops who speak the truth of the gospel without gain or filthy lucre. We can see that in Paul's time, there were already a growing number of false teachers/false apostles/false bishops within the Christian Faith.

You are wrong, bro. Paul never thought of division in the church as inevitable. Rather he knew that the church would be invaded by false teachers who would not spare the flock as well. Invasion is different from division. The Church would be invaded, not divided. Invasion was what was inevitable, not division. Paul warned against this invasion, admonishing the Church to be vigilant.

So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears (Acts 20:32)

How can a divided Church watch out for false teachers? How can a divided Church be vigilant?

Think of it this way. The Church was a family. Let us talk about your family, for instance. Can you tell me that division of your family is inevitable? Of course, not. That one bad uncle or aunty comes into your family does not mean your family has been divided. Just like Paul, your father knows certain bad uncles would invade your home. He then warns all of you to be vigilant against these bad uncles. Your father believes that invasion is almost impossible if he goes, he is not thinking of family division at that particular thing. Rather, he was trying to prevent it. Can you prevent something that is inevitable? If Paul knew Church division was inevitable, then why cry day and night to warn against it? This is like crying and praying against old age which is inevitable. A waste of time.

As per Bishop, you are wrong about Bishops being those Called for the task

You don't need to be called to be a Bishop. You can aspire to it like someone aspires to be a lawyer.

Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer (or Bishop in some Bible versions) desires a noble task (1 Timothy 3:1)

However, there are certain moral requirements and requisite responsibilities of one who desires the office of Bishop.

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach (1 Timothy 3:2)
among other things.
Re: Are The Lord's Chosen People MAD Or MERRY. See them dancing [photos] by MrPRevailer(m): 8:06pm On Feb 16, 2019
BluntBoy:

You are wrong, bro. Paul never thought of division in the church as inevitable. Rather he knew that the church would be invaded by false teachers who would not spare the flock as well. Invasion is different from division. The Church would be invaded, not divided. Invasion was what was inevitable, not division. Paul warned against this invasion, admonishing the Church to be vigilant.

So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears (Acts 20:32)

How can a divided Church watch out for false teachers? How can a divided Church be vigilant?

Think of it this way. The Church was a family. Let us talk about your family, for instance. Can you tell me that division of your family is inevitable? Of course, not. That one bad uncle or aunty comes into your family does not mean your family has been divided. Just like Paul, your father knows certain bad uncles would invade your home. He then warns all of you to be vigilant against these bad uncles. Your father believes that invasion is almost impossible if he goes, he is not thinking of family division at that particular thing. Rather, he was trying to prevent it. Can you prevent something that is inevitable? If Paul knew Church division was inevitable, then why cry day and night to warn against it? This is like crying and praying against old age which is inevitable. A waste of time.

As per Bishop, you are wrong about Bishops being those Called for the task

You don't need to be called to be a Bishop. You can aspire to it like someone aspires to be a lawyer.

Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer (or Bishop in some Bible versions) desires a noble task (1 Timothy 3:1)

However, there are certain moral requirements and requisite responsibilities of one who desires the office of Bishop.

Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach (1 Timothy 3:2)
among other things.

You are overexaggerating the word Inevitable as used in my context.

If therefore people become bishops with flocks under them, does it not explain why there are so many churches with different names and Overseers!

Name of church doesn't matter. What matters is that the Bishops are true, pure, faithful, spiritual, caring and knowledgeable as the Bible has instructed. There are many aspiring bishops who fall short of these qualities, yet they go ahead to take the task.

The Lord knows them that are his. 2 Timothy 2: 19

So find a good Bishop/Shepherd/Overseer and follow him. Regardless of church names, those who obey and fear God are his. They are the spiritual church because their names are in the book of Life.

We christians cannot have a united church now due to the evil activities of the god of this world, until the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CHRISTIANITY EXPOSED: If Adam & Eve Were Created, Explain This / Pope Francis Is Proving To Have An Anti-christ Agenda / Who Created GOD???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.