Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

CONFUSED: Harmonized WAEC/NECO Literature Syllabus For 2021-2025 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / CONFUSED: Harmonized WAEC/NECO Literature Syllabus For 2021-2025 (3588 Views)

WAEC/NECO 2021-2025: Major Themes In 'no Longer At Ease' By Chinua Achebe / Jamb 2020/2021 Syllabus For All Subjects Download Pdf / Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CONFUSED: Harmonized WAEC/NECO Literature Syllabus For 2021-2025 by Rayloverscrib: 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2019
Excuse me guys, I have been searching online for the correct and valid harmonized WAEC syllabus for 2021-2025. I saw a lot of updates carrying different texts and information. I became confused.

This morning I reached out to a friend who teaches Literature so I can get the correct information about the texts. I actually showed him the ones I saw online. I was shocked where they got that information from. Below is what he gave me, he is already teaching them in his school.

Although I did not believe him, but he showed me the letter his school received the Education board of his state.

Below is the list of the new approved Literature texts for 2021-2025.

African Drama
1. Ovonramwen Nogbaisi Ola Rotimi
2. Rage by Tade Adegbidin

Non African Drama
1. Fences by August Wilson
2. Tartuffe by Moliere

African Prose
1. No Longer at Ease by Chinua Achebe
2. The African Prince by Chigbo Ugwoke

Non African Prose
1. I know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angebu
2. Path of Lucas: The Journey of the Endured by Sussane by Bellefeuille

African Poetry
1. Stanley Meets Metusa David Rubadiri
2. Hole in the Sky by Niyi Osundare
3. Leaf in the Wind by Bernard Dadie
4. The Nation’s Cord of Unity by Emmanuel Obioma Ohanele
5. Songs of Sorrow: I & II by Kofi Awoonor
6. A Government Driver on His Retirement by Onu Chibuike

Non African Poetry
1. Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilson Owen
2. The Fly by William Blake
3. When I Do Count the Clock that Tells the Time (Sonnet 12) By William Shakespeare
4. Easter Wings by George Herbert
5. Ode to the West Wind by Percy Byshe Shelley
6. Bat David H. Lawrence

Poetry Anthologies
1. A Selection of African Poetry by K. E Senanu & T. Vincent (Ed)
2. West African Verse by Donatus
3. Goodnight Africa by Onu Chibuike
4. Echoes of Nature by Emmanuel O. Ohanele
5. A Porgeant of Longer Poems by E. W. Parker (Ed)

Two examples of websites with conflicting information.

(A) http://www.pencraftpedia.com/harmonized-waec-and-neco-literature-syllabus-texts-for-2021-2025/

OR

(B) https://www.tammysenglishblog.com/2018/11/literature-texts-for-2021-2025-wassce.html

Which one do we follow as the authentic information?

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Turkish Cave Honey Confirmed As World’s Most Expensive (Photos) / Ekiti State University Esku / Australia Vs Us, Uk And Canada For Studies And Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.