Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers (9401 Views)

Grasscutter Farming: Simple Guide, Feeding, And Vaccination. / Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Cockerels / Best Brand Or Product Of Poultry Feed For Layers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers by Artib(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2019
Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Layers
By Artib Farm
- Monday, February 04, 2019

There are many factors like selection of good chicks, location of farm and labour in the eggs production, but where most farmers get it wrong is in the aspect of poultry health management which is the major function of proper medication and vaccination schedule. Below is the schedule you can follow as guide based on your experience in poultry farming:

Day 1 -- Multivitamins/glucose
Day 2-5 -- Antibiotics and multivitamins
Day 6 -- Multivitamins
Day 7 -- LaSota vaccine
Day 8 -- Multivitamins
Day 9-12 -- Anticoccidial drug
Day 13 -- Multivitamins
Day 14 -- Gumboro vaccine
Day 15 -- Multivitamins
Day 16-20 -- Antibiotics + Vitamins
Day 21 -- Gumboro (booster) vaccine
Day 28 -- LaSota (booster) vaccine
Week 5 -- Tyloxine based drug (as antiviral)
Week 6 -- 1st deworming
Week 8 -- Antibiotics drugs
Week 9 -- 1st coryza
Week 12 -- Lasota
Week 13 -- 2nd coryza
Week 14 -- 2nd deworming
Week 15 -- Lasota
Week 17 -- Antibiotics
Week 18 -- Deworming

In between the weeks, you need touch alternating between antibiotic, antiviral and Anticoccidial treatments. In some cases, you can give them only clean water if there's no disease symptoms. Give the birds enough feed and water to yield optimum performance.
Give your birds Lasota once in a month, you can also be deworming your birds every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the symptoms. If the weather condition is harsh try and use Multivitamins/Electrolytes . Your birds need multivitamin a day before and a day after vaccination to ease their stress. Manage the litters during brooding to avoid disease outbreak. Consistent strong biosecurity should be practiced to generally control diseases and infections.

For quick updates and comments, follow us on our social media connects; [url]facebook.com/artibfarm[/url] , [url]twitter.com/artibfarmNG[/url] and [url]instagram.com/artibfarm[/url]. You can also subscribe to newsletter on our website; [url]artibfarm..com[/url]. At Artib Farm, we materialize your satisfaction!

1 Like

Re: Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers by guidefreak(m): 3:18am On Feb 18, 2019
I'm proud to see people discussing Organic Poultry Farming here and there. These knowledge would have been lost completely because the traditional poultry farmers who practiced organic poultry farming (keeping mostly indigenous breeds) only communicated their knowledge to others verbally. The low documentation rate was a threat to organic poultry farming knowledge, hence, it is important that we continue to document all that we know about organic poultry farming.

Here is my commitment - documenting as much as I know and have tried for the benefit of mankind

If you want to know about the Wonder Working Power of Tagiri (Christmas melon) in preventing viral diseases and promoting the overall wellness of your chickens, you will find my article useful. https://guidefreak.com/how-to-use-tagiri-extract-for-poultry-diseases/

Don't let anyone complicate what is already made simple for you. These are DIY stuff that everyone can practice on their farm.
Read and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers by Artib(m): 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
guidefreak:
I'm proud to see people discussing Organic Poultry Farming here and there. These knowledge would have been lost completely because the traditional poultry farmers who practiced organic poultry farming (keeping mostly indigenous breeds) only communicated their knowledge to others verbally. The low documentation rate was a threat to organic poultry farming knowledge, hence, it is important that we continue to document all that we know about organic poultry farming.

Here is my commitment - documenting as much as I know and have tried for the benefit of mankind

If you want to know about the Wonder Working Power of Tagiri (Christmas melon) in preventing viral diseases and promoting the overall wellness of your chickens, you will find my article useful. https://guidefreak.com/how-to-use-tagiri-extract-for-poultry-diseases/

Don't let anyone complicate what is already made simple for you. These are DIY stuff that everyone can practice on their farm.
Read and thank me later
Both organic and organic have their loop holes, no complete perfect procedure.
Re: Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers by guidefreak(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
EVER HEARD OF ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING AND ORGANIC REMEDIES TO POULTRY DISEASES?

It's finally in your hands.

As an Animal Scientist, embracing this organic poultry farming knowledge might be easier because I have always known some of the wonderful spices that we used to add to poultry feed in the name of project and testing. But let me tell you, it's even more interesting than I ever thought.

So, I set out to do this comprehensive research about the[b] COMMON SPICES AND HERBS TO COMBAT POULTRY DISEASES [/b]and have found their work to be absolutely remarkable over the years.

All of the concoctions needed to combat poultry diseases can be made right in your home, and the beautiful thing is that it is a lot more cheaper than using synthetic drugs. For example, I have a coupled of broilers for Easter and I have never treated coccidiosis with synthetic drugs. I only use bitter-leaf extract as you can see in my article on https://guidefreak.com/how-to-use-bitter-leaf-extract-for-coccidiosis.

My discovery has given me so much confidence that I can say goodbye to Embasin Forte, Amprollium, OTC, and all the antibiotics that have been found to be detrimental to human health

Switching to Organic Poultry Farming might be a BIG or ROBUST decision for you to make, and I agree with you, but you can start from somewhere.

Most importantly, you don't want to start something you don't know about. Or you don't want to go organic when all you know is just using bitter-leaf to treat coccidiosis and using Basil/scent leaft (Efirin) to handle diarrhea in poultry. This is why it is important to get COMPREHENSIVE KNOWLEDGE from the start.

See some broilers taking bitter leaf extract here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yEhep3aIQ

This comprehensive knowledge can be gathered over months of research and testing, OR YOU CAN choose to get it now in the simplest way possible.

Apart from bring a farmer, I am also a writer, and I have put together a 48-Pages eBook titled YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING. If you are still in doubt as to what you can benefit from Organic Poultry, this eBook will CLEAR YOU!

It's time for you to learn how to produce and use organic medications without guessing the dosage or asking the question in a group and waiting for days or weeks to get a response from someone who might be battling with tougher problems on their farm.

Don't kill your birds! Don't lose in your poultry business! Don't delay knowledge.

The eBook goes for just #1,000 now. It's already selling for #3,000 on https://www.afrimash.com/shop/livestock/poultry/your-complete-guide-to-organic-poultry-farming-48-pages/

To get your own copy, message me on https:///KbNZBBwOdvIEDhtNk8wk8L

You can also pay directly and get your copy here: https://paystack.com/pay/h-4k0imvp7

If you choose the whatsapp group, you will see the number of farmers who are already benefiting from the knowledge in the book.

I WILL BE WILLING TO ANSWER YOUR POST-PURCHASE QUESTIONS , and together, we can bring ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING to the limelight again

Re: Medication And Vaccination Program For Layers by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:01am On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for this write up

Artib:
Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Layers
By Artib Farm
- Monday, February 04, 2019

There are many factors like selection of good chicks, location of farm and labour in the eggs production, but where most farmers get it wrong is in the aspect of poultry health management which is the major function of proper medication and vaccination schedule. Below is the schedule you can follow as guide based on your experience in poultry farming:

Day 1 -- Multivitamins/glucose
Day 2-5 -- Antibiotics and multivitamins
Day 6 -- Multivitamins
Day 7 -- LaSota vaccine
Day 8 -- Multivitamins
Day 9-12 -- Anticoccidial drug
Day 13 -- Multivitamins
Day 14 -- Gumboro vaccine
Day 15 -- Multivitamins
Day 16-20 -- Antibiotics + Vitamins
Day 21 -- Gumboro (booster) vaccine
Day 28 -- LaSota (booster) vaccine
Week 5 -- Tyloxine based drug (as antiviral)
Week 6 -- 1st deworming
Week 8 -- Antibiotics drugs
Week 9 -- 1st coryza
Week 12 -- Lasota
Week 13 -- 2nd coryza
Week 14 -- 2nd deworming
Week 15 -- Lasota
Week 17 -- Antibiotics
Week 18 -- Deworming

In between the weeks, you need touch alternating between antibiotic, antiviral and Anticoccidial treatments. In some cases, you can give them only clean water if there's no disease symptoms. Give the birds enough feed and water to yield optimum performance.
Give your birds Lasota once in a month, you can also be deworming your birds every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the symptoms. If the weather condition is harsh try and use Multivitamins/Electrolytes . Your birds need multivitamin a day before and a day after vaccination to ease their stress. Manage the litters during brooding to avoid disease outbreak. Consistent strong biosecurity should be practiced to generally control diseases and infections.

For quick updates and comments, follow us on our social media connects; [url]facebook.com/artibfarm[/url] , [url]twitter.com/artibfarmNG[/url] and [url]instagram.com/artibfarm[/url]. You can also subscribe to newsletter on our website; [url]artibfarm..com[/url]. At Artib Farm, we materialize your satisfaction!

(1) (Reply)

My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! / Let's Build A Professional Website For Your Agric Business, No advance payment / Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.