Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man (23183 Views)

I Just Secured My First Tech Job. I'm So Happy. / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / Why Someone With N200k Phones Was Denied A Job He Qualified For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Dailyhappenings: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2019

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Jestin: 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
Only in 9ja......We need a new Nigeria...FCT

11 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by osemoses1234(m): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bh
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Triangles1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2019
OTOGE for all the ineptitude leaders and civil servants that are not qualify for a post/job.

OTOGE

1 Like

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by cana882(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Not really.. Sometimes, the employer sees something in the applicant that fits the position or role advertised which the applicant is not even aware of. Maybe his academic qualifications are below requirement, but he may possess a skill or experience pertinent to the role.

Thought these ogas above have something relevant to contribute to the topic. Your actions can be compared to joining an ATM queue because you want to transfer money and refusing to do that in a machine that's working but not dispersing cash. Waste!!

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Echo50(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
lol........... when it comes to Ministerial duties, we need care in our selection.
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by DanDeeBoss(m): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Connection comes to my mind

1 Like

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by BlackPantherCri: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Sha mind your business. If someone gets a good job even if he is overqualified or underqualified in this present day Nigeria, he should also do Thanksgiving in church!

All if you quoting me. Mind your business!!! Hian

17 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Minister of power, housing - Lawyer

Minister of petroleum - a cow rearer

FIRS, NNPC workers - Most workers studied Islamic studies

Walk into Nigerian banks ...engineers and geologists.

Failed system

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by freemanbubble: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2019
Okay
Can one ever get a job he or she is not qualified for
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by theoldpretender(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Very true

And that is a big reason why Nigeria's economy is not prosepring...because people have an attitude that man know man...even when the person using the 'connections' doesn't have the qualificaiton.

The way we misuse religion in this country...is very sad.

10 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Deicide: 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2019
Sugarplum777:
Congratulations

U got a job & ur happy

When ur mates are busy having rich sugar daddy & buying Benz...

Rubbish
Next pls tongue
You understand English so?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
The fear of hunger is the beginning of wisdom
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Defaramade(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nepotism in action
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by koyeni(m): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Ok

Check my siggy
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Patrinus: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Not being qualified for a job doesn't mean you can't perform excellently well if given the opportunity. You could self-develop with a lot of online stuff and tutorials.

I should know, I've done it! wink

11 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by BruncleZuma: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Dingbang people go say kpomkwem!
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Testimony Time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by MrThisandthat(m): 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
This is Nigeria.... Everybody be Criminal...
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Umeadi09(m): 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
most times credentials does not qualify one for a job but level of skill and zeal

4 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nigeria is scam
Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by hucienda: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
iyke926:

Failed system

chai ... grin naija

2 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by theoldpretender(m): 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2019
BlackPantherCri:
Sha mind your business. If someone gets a good job even if he is overqualified or underqualified in this present day Nigeria, he should also do Thanksgiving in church!

And what if the person going into the job with a lack of qualifications makes mistakes that lead to the wrecking of our Nigerian economic system, and our system of governance.

Let's not justify bad things in the name of religion. Am sure you won't like it if you went to a government hospital and got treated by someone who is not qualified for the job of treating you, yet got there via 'connections'...and has even done his thanksgiving in chruch.

You Nigerians are the problem with this country,honestly.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by theoldpretender(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
iyke926:

Failed system

Most workers in FIRS and NNPC did not study islamic studies, and you know it.

Most people who read Islamic studies end up working in the mosque or for Islamic groups. Not in the civil service.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by somehow: 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hopefully a quack doctor will attend to you or a relative. Hope you will repeat what you wrote here then?
Patrinus:
Not being qualified for a job doesn't mean you can't perform excellently well if given the opportunity. You could self-develop with a lot of online stuff and tutorials.

I should know, I've done it! wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
theoldpretender:

Most workers in FIRS and NNPC did not study islamic studies, and you know it.

Most people who read Islamic studies end up working in the mosque or for Islamic groups. Not in the civil service.

I have seen some, sir.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by ehix89(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
BlackPantherCri:
We are taking this mind your business clichè a little bit too far.

10 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by SoNature(m): 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
Religion has messed up our brains in Nigeria embarassed

3 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2019
My class mate who used to pray a lot but hated reading, made a straight As in one of our exams then. The next day, he was rejoicing and thanking God for the miracle. When I could not bear the nonsense any more, I called him and told him to stop fooling himself. "any spirit or power that helps you in passing your exams without studying is not helping you at all. " how do you defend your results when the need arises? Any god helping you to pass exams without studying is your enemy. Better get sense now."

5 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by somehow: 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
Until an unqualified mechanic fix your car which leads to a fatal accident! Hope you won't blame village people?
BlackPantherCri:

7 Likes

Re: 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man by theoldpretender(m): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2019
iyke926:

I have seen some, sir.

I think I have intereacted with more civil servants in my day job than you have...and most of them did not read Islamic studies.

Infact,a good propotion of them are even Christians.

Plus, the North has a lot of graduates in different fields. I studied in a Northern University. The guys reading Islamic Studies and Hausa language and Arabic were in the minority.Most Northerners read secular courses. They too want to get some Western Educaiton. Many of them even sacrificed and hustled to get into University

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over Staying In A Company / Where Can A Graduate With Physics With Electronics Work? / Diamond Bank Collecting CV's For Test In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.