Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? (36313 Views)

Does Innoson Assemble Or Manufacture? / Ingrace Motors Obtains FG Approval To Assemble Cars In Nigeria / Inside NTM's Multi-Billion Automobile Assemble Plant In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by AutoJoshNG: 12:43pm On Feb 05, 2019

Does Innoson manufacture or just “assemble” vehicles?

This has become a famous topic of debate among some Nigerians.

To start with, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturer (IVM) is a famous wholly Nigerian-owned producer of different vehicle brands.

The company has its assembly plant at Nnewi in Anambra state.

70% of their Innoson car parts are produced locally while the rest are imported from Japan, China and Germany.

However, there has been a long-drawn debate as to the company’s actually status. Some say the company manufactures vehicles, others argue that the company is in the business of simply “assembling” vehicles.

Those who argue that Innoson is just an “assembler” predicate their arguments on the fact that Innoson sources for the components of its vehicles from external suppliers – mostly from China.

Well, to answer this question, let us look profile of some world-renowned automakers.

Benz-Daimler AG is a German car manufacturer. It has its headquarters in Stuttgart, Germany. The company is the producer of the Mercedes Benz auto brands.

To produce the Mercedes Benz cars, Benz-Daimlers rely on over 100 suppliers of Benz parts across the globe.

Some principal suppliers of Mercedes Benz parts include Thyssenkrupp (German), Eagle Ottawa (USA), Inteva Products (USA), Carcoustics (Netherlands), Nemak (Mexico), Johnson Electric (Hong Kong) and ZF Lenksysteme (German), etc.

Now, let’s profile another top auto-brand: Rolls Royce.

Rolls Royce is a prestigious British auto-brand. It has its factory in Sussex, England, United Kingdom.

To produce a Rolls Royce car, only 8% of Rolls-Royce parts are produced in the UK.

As such, the company imports roughly 32,000 parts from more than 600 global suppliers to build its vehicles.

Now, with these examples, how do we classify Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing? A vehicle manufacturer? or simply an “assembler”?

https://autojosh.com/does-innoson-manufacture-or-just-assemble-cars/

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Alphafeezay(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson Produce cars, Simple!!

231 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Almaiga: 1:29pm On Feb 05, 2019
All INNOSO's cars are Assembled in Nigeria. The parts are imported from China, this means
that, all INNOSON's Vehicles are China. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by phelonrays: 1:30pm On Feb 05, 2019
innoson manufactures car but didn't produce car he only create them.......... simple no logic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Bighead9: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2019
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Almaiga: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
Bighead9:
INNOSON motors are all China made, the parts are imported and Assembled by INNOSON. The cars are moving Coffin, no wonder the owner of the company doesn't drive his own brand. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by DrPurple(m): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
INNOSON imports Car Parts from China and Japan.

I think they are manufacturer...

7 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by jjbest123(m): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2019
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.

29 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Kaymaxi2222(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
Lol
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Imustreturn(m): 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson daalu

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Pulsenaija: 4:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by donmelinga(m): 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2019
INNOSON manufactures cars using supply chain method.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Abbeyme: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2019
Autojosh, by your analogy, IVM is a vehicle manufacturing entity.

BUT, we all know that the act of manufacturing parts and components of a vehicle is mainly through the engineering of those parts and components.

BMW and RR both have hundreds of engineers (mechanical, electrical, design, metallurgy, materials even civil works) doing the designs and testing of components.
How many engineers does IVM have in his employ? That is my question and I hope it would answer the manufacturing part of the principal question.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Abjay97(m): 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
20+ Old Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria That Will Make You Cry
https://www./2018/10/old-amazing-nigerian-photos-of-the-colonial-and-postcolonial-times.html?m=1

10 Shocking Crimes Commited By The Acee of Spies: The Real James Bond
https://www./2019/01/10-unbelievable-crimes-of-real-james.html?m=1

10 Cursed Books You Should Never Read
https://www./2018/11/top-ten-cursed-books-you-should-never.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by AutoReportNG: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
Hmmm... The last time I did an article on Innoson, I had 75 mentions... So, it will be good to sit, watch and observe with Zobo and Pop Corn

8 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by highchief3(m): 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
From your write up,he manufactures. I'm thinking of buying IVM Bus for my firm,due to high cost of hiace bus,but the way people bad talk IVM products,i'm afraid.
Oga na lie, people that own firm don't talk like this..

11 Likes

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Lippy101: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
From the OP analysis it means Innoson is more of a manufacturer than Mercedes Benz.

If anyone still insist that Innoson assembles cars then Mercedes Benz are car dealers.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
Innoson cars are made in Nigeria.
If Nigerians no wan gree, then e go be 'made in Biafra'. Period!

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by warriorPedigree: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2019
oya ofe mmanu people come and masturbate

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Topmaike007(m): 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2019
jjbest123:
dont Mind what people are saying,my uncle is using their pickup truck and for more than 3 years now, there is no problem using it.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by stag: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
warriorPedigree:
oya ofe mmanu people come and masturbate

There’s no need for this WarriorPedigree.

A lot of credit should be given to Innoson & encouraged to improve.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Emycord: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2019
.just watch as haters will seek to bring down a man God has lifted. i just wish they chanelled all thier power to discover thier own calling.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by pek(m): 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
Op, your write up is inconclusive and not detailed enough for one to make up his mind. You just stated already known facts.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Maket: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
Someone asked me this question last week.
I told him innoson assembles the Engine in Nigeria but produces the body in Nigeria

Waiting for the right answer from this forum.
Thanks Op.
Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by bots59: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
smiley
WE PROVIDE A CONVENIENT AND SAFE ONLINE SHOPPING PLATFORM FOR ALL THINGS MEN FASHION
Do you have the desire of being the best dressed in the room? do you want eyeballs on you while you grace the streets with your presence? Do you want the feeling that comes with being complimented about your appearance?
That feeling is what we give to our customers with our wide range of quality clothes and shoes on our excellent online platform along with our brand promise; always to deliver quality and affordable products and services to our customers ; also customer satisfaction at the highest level.
With trust being the pillar of our business we guarantee our customers of the following:
Access to a wide range of genuine fashion products
Very affordable prices
User friendly website for easy navigation
Online and Offline presence
Fraud and risk-free transactions
Customer loyalty rewards
Speedy delivery of ordered products
Nationwide delivery
smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by Dandsome: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
He manufactures.

But some people with high infection of BRING HIM DOWN SYNDROME will rather die than agree that he manufactures simply because he's from the eastern part of the country.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? by DonXavi(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2019
Almaiga:
All INNOSO's cars are Assembled in Nigeria. The parts are imported from China, this means
that, all INNOSON's Vehicles are China. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This guy must be an Afon.ja

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What"s The Meaning Of CE, VE, LE / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics / Delta Man's New Car Involved In Ghastly Accident Before It was Delivered To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.