Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery (6046 Views)

Nkem Okeke Who Transferred From Anatomy To Pharmacy To Medicine Graduates / Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can SLT Student Do Direct Entry To Medicine & Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2019
plz I would like someone with experience to enlighten me about the possibility of me switching from microbiology to medicine and surgery @lasu after 100l. If possible I would need also the criteria that would get me the switch.
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by InansBobo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
No experience there but it'd be as hard as securing MBBS admission with a score less than 290 in UTME
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2019
InansBobo:
No experience there but it'd be as hard as securing MBBS admission with a score less than 290 in UTME
the funniest thing is I got 301 in this last jamb
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by Irenemmeso(f): 10:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
annoy1:
nice score
What happened
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by sammy99(m): 10:27pm On Feb 05, 2019
annoy1:
plz I would like someone with experience to enlighten me about the possibility of me switching from microbiology to medicine and surgery @lasu after 100l. If possible I would need also the criteria that would get me the switch.

i dont know d way its been done in ur skul but wot i know generally is dat u must not av a GP less dan 4.5,u can study hard to increase it a bit cos u know u are not d only one changing like u av students from d faculty of health sciences and basic medicals dat also want to change and looking at it,dey av an advantage to u cos dey offer if not all but almost d same courses pre med students offer in der 100level
but dat shud not kill d vibe u av,so wot u need to do is to study as if u are a pre med students knowing dat wen u fail one u will not b able to switch again.

u must make sure u did not fail any course throughout d session cos dat will b considered also

den make sure u register d courses pre med students are doing dat ur department are not offering.
D criteria to move to 200level as a pre med student is not failing any course being offered,ur skul might b using a different criteria from dis so u must find out.
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 3:06am On Feb 06, 2019
sammy99:

i dont know d way its been done in ur skul but wot i know generally is dat u must not av a GP less dan 4.5,u can study hard to increase it a bit cos u know u are not d only one changing like u av students from d faculty of health sciences and basic medicals dat also want to change and looking at it,dey av an advantage to u cos dey offer if not all but almost d same courses pre med students offer in der 100level
but dat shud not kill d vibe u av,so wot u need to do is to study as if u are a pre med students knowing dat wen u fail one u will not b able to switch again.

u must make sure u did not fail any course throughout d session cos dat will b considered also

den make sure u register d courses pre med students are doing dat ur department are not offering.
D criteria to move to 200level as a pre med student is not failing any course being offered,ur skul might b using a different criteria from dis so u must find out.

thank you so much you've given me hope
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 3:13am On Feb 06, 2019
Irenemmeso:
nice score
What happened
fear I heard a lot of things Lasu is very competitive, you must have very long legs (money) blah blah so I opted for MCB just to be safe but some1 got medicine with the same 74% screening point I got the thing pain me no be small...
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by InansBobo(m): 11:58am On Feb 06, 2019
annoy1:
ohh Noo! Your choice of school had really affected you. I advice you try it (change of course) although it's nearly impossible and also put in for another UTME(if 'It must be MBBS') and this time choose a school that matches with your score.
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by Irenemmeso(f): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2019
annoy1:
fear I heard a lot of things Lasu is very competitive, you must have very long legs (money) blah blah so I opted for MCB just to be safe but some1 got medicine with the same 74% screening point I got the thing pain me no be small...
Sad...its well, I would advise you to grab the MCB and write 2019 jamb
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 7:52pm On Feb 06, 2019
InansBobo:
ohh Noo! Your choice of school had really affected you. I advice you try it (change of course) although it's nearly impossible and also put in for another UTME(if 'It must be MBBS') and this time choose a school that matches with your score.
like what school
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by InansBobo(m): 8:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
annoy1:
like what school
depending on where you're living and where you'd want to school. (NC, SW, SE, SS, NE, NW) and what you'd be able to score.
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by Stephaustin(m): 2:22am On Feb 07, 2019
annoy1:
Every school has its own criteria and guidelines for crossing over. Enquire about your school's criteria and guidelines from your department or from students in both departments of Microbiology and Medicine to get the proper information.

Don't work with information from other schools.
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by annoy1(m): 7:20am On Feb 07, 2019
Stephaustin:

Every school has its own criteria and guidelines for crossing over. Enquire about your school's criteria and guidelines from your department or from students in both departments of Microbiology and Medicine to get the proper information.

Don't work with information from other schools.
thanks
Re: How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery by Stephaustin(m): 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2019
annoy1:
thanks
You're welcome.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: UNICAL Ask Lecturers To Resume & Supports FG / What Are The Requirements For Admission To Uniben / 10 Things A UNIPORT Student Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.