Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR (12195 Views)

NIPR President, Malam Sirajo, Bags Pillar Of Public Relations Award by NSUK / Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations Professional Examinations / Nigerian Institute Of Town Planners (NITP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by AlexReports(m): 11:30am On Feb 06, 2019
How To Join Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, NIPR

The Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) is one of the major professional bodies in the field of communication in Nigeria. This is one of the professional organizations most graduates of Mass Communication, Journalism and related disciplines want to join after school. Graduates of other disciplines who wish to practice Public Relations in Nigeria also desire to be members of the NIPR.

This professional body was established to build a credible and dynamic professional institution responsive to Nigeria’s needs, and also promote professional excellence through members upholding the Code of Ethics. It was also established to encourage a more reputation-sensitive society, by working with appropriate associations to generate sustained focus on the contributions of stakeholders in different sectors. This professional body of qualified Public Relations Practitioners, was established in 1963 and attained charter status in 1990 with Decree 16 (now Act of the National Assembly.

What does it mean to be a member of NIPR?

Membership of the Institute represents a statement that the holder is a qualified professional practitioner in Public Relations, subscribes to the Code of Ethics and the Professional Standards Guide.

The Institute provides opportunities for lifelong learning to assist members grow professionally.

Also, it helps members to specialize in different areas of PR. Every member is expected to be active as a member of a chapter.

Members are required to serve in various workshops, committees and assignments as may be necessary.

So how can you join this professional body?

Here is the Membership Criteria:

Qualifications for membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations are periodically reviewed to meet the requirements by the public and the organized private sector (industry and commerce). ln 1998, a decision was reached that all entrants must hold any of the following qualifications:

The Institute’s Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations;
CAM Foundation Certificate and Diploma in Communications Studies and Public Relations;
British Institute of Public Relations Membership Diploma;
Business Education Examinations Council(BEEC) Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations; and
B.A., B.Sc., H.N.D., MA. MSc, or PhD in Public Relations; B.Sc., B A. (Mass Communications), M.B.A. with major/specialization in PR; or any recognized equivalent qualification.

Here are the categories of membership, according to NIPR.org.ng:

Membership categories and awards depend on an individual’s personal education and professional achievements in Public Relations as outlined below:

http://massmediang.com/how-to-join-nigerian-institute-of-public-relations-nipr/

3 Likes

Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by Miracle4Sure: 7:43am On Feb 07, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by ulutnvhec: 7:44am On Feb 07, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by ItzBIM(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2019
When there is change of power to people that value education.

4 Likes

Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by SwayG: 8:08am On Feb 07, 2019
Nonsense angry
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by wolesmile(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2019
Na wa o...
Na all professions dey get professional body.
Na so a friend of my friend tell me say him be chartered secretary. I was like "Chartered Accountant or Chartered Secretary?"

I even know one Consultant Geologist that says he is a Chartered Geologist. Abeg, which kain consultancy he wan do for me?

I know very soon, we'll have Institutes for chartered mechanics, tailors, vulcanizers, food sellers, conductors, agberos, etc.... There will even be Institute of Chartered Politicians!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2019
Never knew their Was an institution established for public relations....
What else did I knows not again
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by Nwaohafia1: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2019
So many institutes in this country. Never knew this one exists
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by drey076(m): 8:47am On Feb 07, 2019
Who professional body epp
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by odinga1of: 9:59am On Feb 07, 2019
AlexReports:
How To Join Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, NIPR

The Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) is one of the major professional bodies in the field of communication in Nigeria. This is one of the professional organizations most graduates of Mass Communication, Journalism and related disciplines want to join after school. Graduates of other disciplines who wish to practice Public Relations in Nigeria also desire to be members of the NIPR.

This professional body was established to build a credible and dynamic professional institution responsive to Nigeria’s needs, and also promote professional excellence through members upholding the Code of Ethics. It was also established to encourage a more reputation-sensitive society, by working with appropriate associations to generate sustained focus on the contributions of stakeholders in different sectors. This professional body of qualified Public Relations Practitioners, was established in 1963 and attained charter status in 1990 with Decree 16 (now Act of the National Assembly.

What does it mean to be a member of NIPR?

Membership of the Institute represents a statement that the holder is a qualified professional practitioner in Public Relations, subscribes to the Code of Ethics and the Professional Standards Guide.

The Institute provides opportunities for lifelong learning to assist members grow professionally.

Also, it helps members to specialize in different areas of PR. Every member is expected to be active as a member of a chapter.

Members are required to serve in various workshops, committees and assignments as may be necessary.

So how can you join this professional body?

Here is the Membership Criteria:

Qualifications for membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations are periodically reviewed to meet the requirements by the public and the organized private sector (industry and commerce). ln 1998, a decision was reached that all entrants must hold any of the following qualifications:

The Institute’s Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations;
CAM Foundation Certificate and Diploma in Communications Studies and Public Relations;
British Institute of Public Relations Membership Diploma;
Business Education Examinations Council(BEEC) Professional Certificate and Diploma in Public Relations; and
B.A., B.Sc., H.N.D., MA. MSc, or PhD in Public Relations; B.Sc., B A. (Mass Communications), M.B.A. with major/specialization in PR; or any recognized equivalent qualification.

Here are the categories of membership, according to NIPR.org.ng:

Membership categories and awards depend on an individual’s personal education and professional achievements in Public Relations as outlined below:

http://massmediang.com/how-to-join-nigerian-institute-of-public-relations-nipr/
How do I become a diploma holder in Public Relation........I base in Warri??
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 07, 2019
mheen this is nigeria just join anything that will network you to the top..... nah the matter of who knows who to reach top for this nigeria oo
Re: How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR by Sodiq3(m): 10:39am On Feb 07, 2019
Op.. I already have a degree in mass communication andon't I want to become a member, how much will it cost me?

(1) (Reply)

Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? / AIG- BSG 2021/2022 Scholarship Application Test / A Degree At National Open University ,after Hnd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.