Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike (20295 Views)

ASUU To Continue Strike, Fails To Ease Tension / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / ASUU Strike: Resolution Of ASUU Branches On Fg’s Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Victni: 12:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
From Gistvic.com

At least 80% of members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) have voted for the continuation of the ongoing nationwide strike. Gistvic Reports.

It was gathered that over 200 members of the University of Ibadan, UI, chapter of the Union who attended the congress voted for the continuation of the strike while a little above 50 voted for its suspension with conditions.

According to one of the ASUU members, the members who voted did not even consider the third option which states that the strike should be suspended with conditions.

Speaking after the referendum, Dr. Deji Omole, Chairman of the University of Ibadan Chapter, said the referendum was conducted to know if the union should end the strike or not.

He affirmed that members voted for the continuation of the strike because the government is yet to meet all of its demand. ASUU and the Nigerian government are yet to come to an agreement on funds for the revitalisation of universities.

The union is demanding N50billion but the FG released only N25billion, saying it does not have N50billion. Speaking after the last meeting, Chris Ngige, Minister for Labour and Employment said, “We have met it halfway. We have offered what we have; we don’t have N50 billion.” Gistvic Reports.

Gist From Gistvic.com>> https://www.gistvic.com/2019/02/ASUU-branches-vote-to-continue-strike.html

3 Shares

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by suleyoung(m): 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
AWON OLORIBURUKU

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Victni: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by ainas247: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
wink how I wish their children in these affected schools...

Dominate Google page one with your business see results in my profile guaranteed

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by LibertyRep: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
At this juncture, it won't be totally wrong for government to implement the "No work No Pay' Policy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by GrandMufti: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
Cc

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by rofanx13: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
A
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Richy150(m): 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
suleyoung:
AWON OLORIBURUKU

Yeh paa shocked
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Chidimercy: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
Wentin concern me?
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Timinho23: 12:33pm On Feb 06, 2019
And they all voted to be on Inec payroll...

ASUU hype is too much. the idiots are paid far far far ahead of secondary and primary school teachers.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by femi4: 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
Struggles continua
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by obi4eze(m): 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
angry
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by TwoBottles: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
I support this strike 100%. Since the federal government would rather use billions of naira to buy votes instead of investing in our education system.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Students should start writing TOEFL, SAT, GRE, and GMAT. It is worth it leaving at year 4 and starting all over afresh elsewhere. Take it. Ask those who have done it if there was any regret.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Edopesin: 12:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
haha this love story is getting serious
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by machizzy: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
I thought
They have paid them
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by mvem(m): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Can't you read the content... It's talking about only UI chapter.. Nawa for our so-called students

8 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Isobug: 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Is Ibadan chapter alone the ASUU members?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by faithfull18(f): 12:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Ha, this isn't good at all, all these boys cyberbullying people on NL need to go back to school before they forget the little they know.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Holsfem(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
ASUU president and Buhari are the same. They cannot think in the right way. Always waiting for cabals to dictate for them
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Chrisus(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
Lol ion even care again. Time to travel.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
Its good.
Although its affecting the students seriously and some businesses yet the FG has not done better.
They are bent on spending the resources on election and NOT the future of the country.
Bunch of selfish and devilish leaders.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Timothy92: 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
For me to no that ASUU is serious they should not bertake in election, and let see
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Chrisus(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by YorubaEmir: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
This strike de sweet my belle tongue
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by lakenox: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
grin grin grin theyre crazy
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
machizzy:
I thought
They have paid them
They have not paid them. FG is saying that they don't have #50 billion to pay them. Until FG settles with ASUU, looks like the strike will continue. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm still a Nigerian.
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by Numlock: 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
LibertyRep:
At this juncture, it won't be totally wrong for government to implement the "No work No Pay' Policy

Really? OK oo
Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by kenedy175(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Many people don't understand whats on ground. ASUU are yet to be paid there academic earned allowances and also the revitalization money... government only made promises as ususal that the money will come in around 18th of this month..

It will be very stupid of ASUU if they call off this strike now and didn't achieve anything.

Meanwhile, president Buhari is yet to address the issue of ASUU strike. He hasn't even talked about it. He's probably not aware of the strike like he's always unaware of everything happening under him.

To think that ASUU is still on strike and we have a professor as a VP is a big shame..

I wonder how we got ourselves into this shit

21 Likes

Re: ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike by sammuell(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
Why my time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unijos Direct Entry 2015/2016 Admissions / How To Manage Your Finances As A Student / How Do I Get Admission Into University Of Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.