Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Constant Bulge On My Tyre - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Constant Bulge On My Tyre (1490 Views)

My Tyre Got Ruined While Speeding On The Highway / Must My Tyre Chop Fufu? Vulcanizers Come And Explain / My Tyre has been Giving Me Wahala. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constant Bulge On My Tyre by phemocheee(m): 7:53am On Feb 08, 2019
Please I need your suggestions.

I use Acura TSX 2005 with tyre size of 215/50 r17. Over the last one year, I have changed my front tyres like 3 times. I bought the tokunbo tyres from Ladipo.

However, I noticed that each time I run into pothole, my front tyres often come out with bulge by the side.

Someone said it was due to the aspect ratio of my tyre/rim but I'm not so sure about this. Is 215/50 tyre spec bad for Nigeria roads?

Please is there anybody that has experienced this before and what did you do to stop it.
Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by shortgun(m): 7:59am On Feb 08, 2019
Have u tried new tyres? Tokunbo tyres are dangerous.
The three times u changed the tyres would've gotten u a new tyre and u have some change.
Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by phemocheee(m): 10:38am On Feb 08, 2019
By new tyres, are you referring to the likes of Michelin, Pirelli or are those China tyres okay?
shortgun:
Have u tried new tyres? Tokunbo tyres are dangerous.
The three times u changed the tyres would've gotten u a new tyre and u have some change.
Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by kingreign(m): 10:44am On Feb 08, 2019
phemocheee:

I use Acura TSX 2005 with tyre size of 215/50 r17. Over the last one year, I have changed my front tyres like 3 times. I bought the tokunbo tyres from Ladipo.

However, I noticed that each time I run into pothole, my front tyres often come out with bulge by the side.

Someone said it was due to the aspect ratio of my tyre/rim but I'm not so sure about this. Is 215/50 tyre spec bad for Nigeria roads?

Please is there anybody that has experienced this before and what did you do to stop it.

Over inflated tyres. Your tyres should be inflated to 35psi max cold air inflation pressure.

Also slow down when you get to a bad portion or bump.

1 Like

Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by phemocheee(m): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2019
Thanks and I totally agree with you. However, I'm only worried that it's happening to me too frequently compared to other people.

kingreign:

Over inflated tyres. Your tyres should be inflated to 35psi max cold air inflation pressure.

Also slow down when you get to a bad portion or bump.
Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by Iolo(m): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2019
phemocheee:
Thanks and I totally agree with you. However, I'm only worried that it's happening to me too frequently compared to other people.

I think he’s answered you.

Over inflation is the most likely cause. I had similar experience as well. Always tell the vulnizers to not exceed 35psi and If possible get your own gauge.
Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by alphaNomega: 9:47am On Feb 09, 2019
Under inflation can cause it too

1 Like

Re: Constant Bulge On My Tyre by lonelydora: 10:26am On Feb 09, 2019
phemocheee:

Always buy new tyres, even if it's "Double King" or "Sunfull".

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Some Of Oldest Cars In The World - Photos / 7 Practical Reasons Why You Need A Car Vacuum Cleaner / Honda Accord 2006 Condenser Fan Turning On And AC Automatically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.