Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect (9852 Views)

Why I Slept With My Daughter - 45-Year-Old Suspect / I Went Into Robbery To Fund My Wedding – 20-yr-old Suspect / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by MediahelmNGR: 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2019
Daniel Olanrewaju, a self-confessed robber has ended up in police custody three weeks after he broke into a boutique in Agbado, Ogun State. It was learnt that the 22-year-old suspect was accosted by some vigilantes in the community while he was roaming about last Tuesday night.

When he was questioned on his mission in the area, he reportedly could not give satisfactory answers. He was arrested and handed over to the police at the Agbado division. After further interrogation, he confessed to have burgled the boutique and stolen trousers, jerseys, among other clothes.

The resident of Somolu, Lagos State, reportedly led the police to arrest one Ibrahim, with whom he kept some of the stolen clothes. Olanrewaju told City Round during the week that he burgled the boutique on January 28, 2019 at night. He said he entered the attic and broke the ceiling to gain access into the shop. He explained that after the operation, he took his loot to Costain area of Lagos and kept them with a friend.

He said,
“I was very broke because I could not get any work from my customers. While I was thinking about the way out, it occurred to me that I could steal. I decided to go to somewhere far from where I live.

“On January 28, at night, I went to a complex at ‘Agbado under bridge’ and burgled a boutique. I broke the ceiling to enter the store. I stole several trousers and jerseys and ran away. I took them to my friend’s shop in Costain area of Lagos. I was thinking of how to sell them.”

He said when he could not find buyers for the items, he took some of them to Ibrahim, a tea seller in Agbado last Tuesday.

Olanrewaju explained that he was strategising on how to market the clothes without running into trouble until it was dark. He said he was stranded and decided to pass the night outside a shop.

He said, “As I wanted to sleep, a vigilante shone the torchlight on me. I ran to hide somewhere. The man alerted other vigilantes and I was caught. They asked me what I was doing outside at night and I told them I was stranded. They were not satisfied with my response and they threatened to kill me if I did not say the truth. That was why I decided to tell them about the crime.

“They beat me up and took me to the police station. I mentioned Ibrahim and the police arrested him. He did not know that I stole the clothes.” Asked if he had been involved in the crime in the past, Olanrewaju stated that he was exposed to the act by his cousin while he was living in Benin Republic, where his father hailed from.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the suspect would soon be charged to court.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/02/my-cousin-taught-me-how-to-steal-from.html

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by onajison(m): 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
Ode

2 Likes

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Peterpanny: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2019
See face Na.

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Na wa
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Uyiii: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Suspect's cousin: which kin wahala be this na. so someone cannot teach you something and live in peace again.
na me fvck up.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Thief
Eyahhh....!!! olodo

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by ceejayMAX(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2019
Na dem ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Dannybammz: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
grin
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by BOOMnaija(m): 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
Keep face like tattered leather bag.

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2019
OGUN STATE

2 Likes

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Alejob: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2019
wink sad shocked
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Seandisputed(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2019
And i ask again
What's with ugly people and crime??
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by israelmao(m): 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2019
In my teens I used to have some friends that were in love with bottles but that didn't make me to drink because I made my choice that is not to say there is no peer influence or pressure but there is always choice to make.
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Emyjeze(m): 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2019
Evening all. I registered for voters card in anambra, but now am based in lagos. So the issue now is that some people are saying i cant vote in lagos coz that is not where i registered, that if i want to vote i will have to go to anambra where i registered. Please how true is this
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by hazan041(m): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2019
wink
Problem tie niyen..

Check my signature for giveaways

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by JJOF(m): 8:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
It's either ur broda is a bad teacher, or u re a bad student. Spits. Pls what are pple 4 Benin Republic called? Benin Republicans?
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Friday4rills(m): 8:28pm On Feb 09, 2019
No parental training. Bad child
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by JJOF(m): 8:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
EVILFOREST:
OGUN STATE
So?
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by donprinyo(m): 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2019
Afooooo.... nnjaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by JJOF(m): 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2019
donprinyo:
Afooooo.... nnjaaaaaa
U see ur life. U didn't bother to read thru d post, u just saw "thief" n "Ogun state", n u jumped into conclusion. Ur actions re against d rules of NCAN, n as such, ur membership revoked.

1 Like

Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Chipink(f): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
Yoruba I just knew
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by shadyLP(m): 11:15pm On Feb 09, 2019
AFonJA!!!!!!
Always breaking people's shop to steal mama thank ma grin grin grin
Lazy sets of being
Re: 'My cousin taught me how to steal from shops' – 22-year old suspect by Platony(m): 6:11am On Feb 10, 2019
Where is he from??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

11 Suspected Cultists Arrested In Nasarawa / Soldiers In Abia Seize 50,000 Litres Of Stolen Crude Oil / 3 Guys Used A Lady For A Ritual In Public: But People Thought It Was A Skit(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.