Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail (1326 Views)

Download Super Mario Bros PPSSPP Android Game - And Free PSP GOLD Emulator Play / Super Smash Flash 2 Unblocked / "God Of War" Wins Game Of The Year Award. See Full List Of Nominees & Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
Vasaratti

One of Nintendo's 2018's major game, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, stars over seventy of gaming's most popular characters — from Super Mario to Mega Man.
It's the most detailed many of those characters have ever looked, however it's still off from the extent of detail of the biggest PlayStation and Xbox blockbusters.
The creative person behind the gorgeous, highly-detailed "God of War" has been reimagining major "Super Smash Bros." characters on Twitter — to humorous and frightful results.

What would it seem like if the high-resolution, super-high detail art style of 2018's incredible "God of War" was applied to a number of Nintendo's most iconic characters?

God of War's art director Raf Grassetti is answering specifically that question on his Twitter feed, wherever he is been drawing up new versions of major Nintendo characters like Bowser and Samus Aran.

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
Here's Raf Grassetti version of Link of The Legend of Zelda:

Looks more like Dark Link to me or maybe its just me

1 Like

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2019
Here's a considerably beefier version of Fox McCloud, the protagonist of the "Star Fox" franchise:

This version of Fox is maybe more at home in a "Gears of War" game than a Nintendo title.

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
Mario's old rival Browser, the King of the Koopas, is a lot more horrifying than ever in Grassetti's interpretation:

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
And this is when things begin to look weird — Mega Man, fresh off tour along with his boy band, looks other-worldly:

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:47pm On Feb 10, 2019
But even Mega Man appearance is relatively normal when we're talking of these depictions of Mewtwo and Sonic the Hedgehog. First up, here's Mewtwo:

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2019
And here, what apears downright creepy, is Sonic the Hedgehog. He's...apparently a human-animal hybrid?

1 Like

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2019
But that is not all — Grassetti plans to continue his set within the coming days, and he is even taking suggestions. With over seventy characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate many of the reimagined which are major game characters, there is lots to decide on from
Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
What do you think of these? Which is your favourite?
Lalasticlala Cao
Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by cao(f): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
vasaratti:
What do you think of these? Which is your favourite?
Lalasticlala Cao
Not even gonna lie, that Sonic scares the hell out of me. Imma go with Fox, he looks badass.
Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by meobizy(f): 2:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
I am impressed. Sonic looks really realistic.

1 Like

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by vasaratti: 3:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
cao:

Not even gonna lie, that Sonic scares the hell out of me. Imma go with Fox, he looks badass.

Sonic was no doubt the only character that astounds me, I wonder how Grasetti could make him look so realistic and easily recognizable at thesame time! Thats what I call creativity.

If only the people behind the Sonic movie could follow with this design... I'm not saying the early design that was leaked was bad or anything, but this looks way better

While Link be looking like a generic elf with Links clothes grin

1 Like

Re: God Of War Artist Recreates Smash Bros Characters In Stunning Detail by HyDef(m): 7:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
I don't want to boast (but that's exactly what I'm about to do). I am confidently supreme when it comes to Smash. I've been playing for over 15 years now, and Fox and Jigglypuff are my mains. I mained Jigglypuff in 64!!! I just love talking about Smash, because no one ever talks about Smash here.

Anyway, I love the Fox recreation. It's not so horrific. Megaman looks like something those Cool 3D World guys would do.

(1) (Reply)

Tight Pes / Winning Eleven Player / Wolfestein The New Order Ps4 For Sale Or Trade / Ps4 Eye Compatible Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.