Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,718 members, 7,837,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) (39808 Views)

"Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child / Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try / Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by MorataFC: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
No 1 grin
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by McAausim: 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
grin grin

The first pic grin

Remind me of brother Sunny watching blue film through d window

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by ikorodureporta: 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2019
Poverty cheesy
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by ikorodureporta: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2019
McAausim:
grin grin

The first pic grin

Remind me of brother Sunny watching blue film through d window

Na where most pikin take sabi blue film cheesy from that highlife bachelor's window

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by YorubaEmir: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Not everyone grew up in slums and hopeless projects

Indomie child spotted !

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by portplus: 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
Youngzubi:
Since most of the African countries got their independence from the whites things have really changed, there have been vast improvement in everything around us ranging from our way of life e.g(culture) to our environment,most things we're prone to see in the late 80's and 90's have been replaced interchangeably with the modern ones some of which are mud houses for the brick ones, black and white tv for the colored plasma tv and so forth.

Vast improvement in our way of life is a welcomed development but when we ought to forget our own culture in place of another man's own is quite unfair and harmful to our future generations, even the so called whites that we seems to emulate have something called museums where they safe-keep their cultural materials, art works and others just for future reference simply because they know that as they advance towards better development there's still need for future research which might call for reference to those artifacts.

Here is images of some of the things we Africans do in the 80's that are now hard to see among our people must especially in the cities, so for the sake of the young ones lets have fun as we share them, discuss and make references.

Your contributions are important though.

Pic 1:I wish I will one day have the opportunity of apologizing to the families whose privacy I and my crew invaded all in the name of watching TELEVISION.
As-in we have the guts to pull the curtains without asking for permission.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by frowland(m): 2:27pm On Feb 12, 2019
Haha, the high jump with palm tree. Easy to adjust to any choice height. Thanks OP for refreshing our memories.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by yemmit90: 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Not everyone grew up in slums and hopeless projects

Gap between the rich and the poor were not that wide those days, rich kids were not too restricted from playing with poor kids in the compound or neighbourhoods. Besides, kids were not that enlightened or being exposed to technology or arrogant like these days. There was little or no sense of discrimination among the kids.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by portplus: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2019
YorubaEmir:

Indomie child spotted !

No really, when I moved from Badia to V.I even as at then, my PEPs where not super rich but life as a young cha, life was just different.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Treasure17(m): 2:36pm On Feb 12, 2019
Lol. Can relate with the first picture and that of high jump.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by abdulazeez1002(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2019
Mtcheew
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Adakintroy: 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2019
Not that yr. You want to time loop. Come to the ghetto.

You will see things. It's you. Maybe you Don upgrade.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by OlawaleBammie: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2019
1,2,3 issa goal, i remember peeping tru baba gebu window dat tym just to watch comando film on president tv, remember president tv
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by lomprico(m): 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2019
No! I wasn't that poor.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by slaypapa: 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2019
If you were born in the 80's say yeeee

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by OlawaleBammie: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
lomprico:
No! I wasn't that poor.

not always abt bn poor joor, as one said above, litu or no discrimination between d poor and d rich offsprings, even d rich offsprings did go around to watch tru d window of another man which is not as rich as his father, we were only concerned abt the intricacy and d newness of d movie and nothing more, i remember putting my moinmoin which i was Hawking on d ground just to watch...ahh God forgive me if stubbornness is a sin..

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Isoduwa(m): 3:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
Twenty47:
Yeah... Almost all of them, those days ehn... To sit in the room comfortably with my elder brothers and watch television was just like telling Pdp to support Apc..

That your brother must be stupid I'm in my room � come and beat me
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Evangkatsoulis: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2019
yemmit90:

Gap between the rich and the poor were not that wide those days, rich kids were not too restricted from playing with poor kids in the compound or neighbourhoods. Besides, kids were not that enlightened or being exposed to technology or arrogant like these days. There was little or no sense of discrimination among the kids.

Gbam exactly.
I grew up with sons of millionaires and didn't even notice!

2 Likes

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
All of them are still rampant in Ekiti state today.
Fyi, I've been there.

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Phonix1234: 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2019
The 1st one na deeper life pple doz days wen no get TV... Dem go use oil hand spoil ur curtain, some of dem self go chook correct hole for ur Curtain just to make sure no mata how u close the curtain, dey must watch that TV...

1 Like

Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by DejiPlug(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2019
Bossontop:
Buyday cake dah year......

Warrisdis
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Olatara(f): 4:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

not always abt bn poor joor, as one said above, litu or no discrimination between d poor and d rich offsprings, even d rich offsprings did go around to watch tru d window of another man which is not as rich as his father, we were only concerned abt the intricacy and d newness of d movie and nothing more, i remember putting my moinmoin which i was Hawking on d ground just to watch...ahh God forgive me if stubbornness is a sin..
Omo Iya oni moimoi
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by kenny714433(m): 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2019
They didn't use local weigh balance to carry me ooo rather my cousin normally used rickety old wheel barrow like that. We'll be riding along like Tom Cruise.
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by educhigo: 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2019
i'm professional in number one when i hear some my neighbor fucking his girlfriend i just walk out to there windows to watch the movie undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by LINTUNE(m): 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2019
grin
Nbote:
Na wa ooo... Dat year if U were not a friend to any child in dat house u won't even b allowed to watch from d window.. And he's always automatically selected first for monkey post
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by LadySarah: 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2019
Phonix1234:
The 1st one na deeper life pple doz days wen no get TV... Dem go use oil hand spoil ur curtain, some of dem self go chook correct hole for ur Curtain just to make sure no mata how u close the curtain, dey must watch that TV...

grin grin grin.
I cant stop laughing
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by LadySarah: 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2019
It was how i watched the dreaded 'Igodo',the reason i couldnt sleep for days.I never wwnt out to watch outside movie again.

It was how Chioma my 15 yr old clique friend got pregnant by 40 something Oga Chinedu and was later forced to marry him. grin grin
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by OlawaleBammie: 7:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
Olatara:
Omo Iya oni moimoi
dat tym eehn...e get as e b sha
Re: Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) by Glink2018(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2019
ThinkWISELY:
OP calm down, even those born in 2005 still experienced this now

As Atiku and looting are inseparable so also you with big lies are inseparable...

You carry your lies come nairaland...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yul Edochie: Dear Nigerian Women / Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos) / 3 Nigerian Couples Who Are Friends: Before & After Babies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.