Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,033 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine (1662 Views)

Sade Okoya Dazzles For Hello! Nigeria Magazine(photos) / I would like to enter a car hire purchase agreement in Benin City / Need Advice About A Business I Would Like To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by mailmalc(m): 3:55am On Apr 23, 2007
I would like to have my own magazine. I don't know where to begin from and the proces generally. Please i need your contributions to enlighten me. Capital is not the problem at all i just need your suggestion, advise and other helpful facts .

Thanks
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by dexel: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2007
I can start one but i do not have the capital.
Remember you gotta be unique to have mass appeal. Could cost up to 2Million to bring out 1 edition. You could start wit freelance writers or staff writers depending on ur budjet. I'll adverse havin exclusive writeups than getting articles from news media
Note however that you might not make earnings until after 2nd editions.

Email: dexelmedia2007@yahoo.com and we'll talk.
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by hoodboi(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2007
i have an idea for a magazine, and i feel it will be a hit, if u interested holla @ me keepingit_gangstar@yahoo.com
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by ajayi1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 27, 2007
Yea, that's nice, In my office We Publish Magzine and Do a Full Collour Printing. So if you need my Help Holla me. I can assist you out. adetiajayi05@yahoo.com
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by yicob(m): 3:45pm On Apr 27, 2007
when it comes to the publication of magazines, it is not something you have to rush into.
capital is not really the main issue but that of your target audience. do you want to start a general magazine or a specific one for a particular sector? when you know what you want and how to get your articles and captions which must be unique and catchy, you can always get organizations to help sponsor your project. though that would been after you might have come out with a good profile of your org and convince them you know what are doing.
presently i work for 6 magazine publishers and i now what it takes to get a first edition aside capital.

you can email me for more help!
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by ChieFoH(m): 7:59pm On Apr 27, 2007
LISTENING
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by Tornadoz(m): 12:04am On Apr 28, 2007
Do you have a journalistic background? More info needed from you, if you are to get good advice.
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by auwal87(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2007
You need to set the following in hand;

1. What category of magazine do I want to publish, entertainment, sports, news, etc?
2. Who are the target audience (buyers/subscribers)?
3. How can I market the magazine?
4. What is the capital required for becoming a publisher?
5. More hints? Contact me,
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by heyma: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2007
Thanks everyone, I've got interest, I 'd reach those of you already in the business.

Cheers smiley
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by trymyway(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2007
Hello guys!

Should you need a cogent special report and manual written by master magazine publishers, we have some for you.

In short, we are at the moment implementing the ideas from the information contained in them for the upcoming lunch of our entertainment magazine. Should you read it, it is guaranteed that you will never have hassles coming up with ideas on getting started, producing, distributing, getting advert and subscriptions, and all about magazine publishing.

Interested in having your own copy?

Call or email: 08025429357, 08032674105, tmynigeria@yahoo.com. Ask of Henry KVC

And you will be glad you did.
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by Rodent: 9:56am On Apr 29, 2007
Everyone has spoken and spoken well,
The key to a good publication aside of the capital required are content and consistency.
You've got to keep the subscriber/reader coming back month after month, plan ahead regarding content and ensure the publication looks good and silly little errors and typos are avoided. but there is only so far good design can take you.
CONTENT IS KING!!!

An experienced magazine designer
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by Ronkus(f): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2007
Hi, i've done stuff ( scheduling and conducting interviews e.g with rugged man, denrele edun etc, transcriping and editing the interviews and also writting articles)
for a magazine before although we didnt publish eventually cos the owner decided to start very big. So if u're serious hola at me. ronkeadenle@yahoo.com
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by Ena345(f): 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2007
Hi. I am not here to tell u if content or colour or capital is the key. No. I have a little experience in starting up a mag. As a student, I was appointed the publications leader of the fellowship. With a course that got me grounded in writing, they expected so much. However, I knew little or nothing but I could not fail. What I did was pray, gather people, share ideas, ask questions; yes ask questions. Ever one knows a li'l something about everthing but the the pro know a lot about something. Go ask those u admire in the field. Book an appointment. Most successful people are glad to share their wealth of experience. Have a team, a team that can almost see what you see. Although, I have come to realise that when you have a dream, no one sees it like you do.

You need much time dedicated to this project and tenacity; that you can't do without. God's speed, don't wanna be much of a talker but if u need contributors, I could be one. When you are ready send me your mail ad and I will send in my articles I'll bet they are the stuffs you need, and guess what, they are free.

CIAO
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by tuneri(m): 1:37pm On May 03, 2007
hi,i also have interest in publishing a mag.in fact av bin getting in touch with ajayi.but from the looks of things,it requires a huge amount of capital.anyways,if u decide to start,holla at me on tunampa32@yahoo.com.am interested in writing in a mag
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by eeman(f): 2:14pm On May 03, 2007
Hi, holla me when you start you mag.
wont mind being a columnist.
goog luck wink wink wink
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by sbm4real(m): 12:46am On May 04, 2007
I have an excellent magazine idea that I am very sure will sell in the market. I have a comprehensive business plan already written but I am yet to talk to banks. I already did market research and my market target is a virgin one not yet explored. I had to sub-segment already flogged market segment to create my niche.

If you wonder how I know so much, I am a management consultant. I can tell you it is a brilliant idea. one in a million.

We could discuss my idea but with a non-disclosure clause because it is damn too hot.

If you so desire to talk; sbm4real@yahoo.co.uk
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by ajayi1(m): 12:50pm On May 04, 2007
Let me tell you the fact, Producing magazing is a good business. the first thing you need is money, You will need Huge ammount of money, Secondly, It take time your first and second edition most be free of charge (for marketing). Notice that all your stories most be sweet to read because pple can't use their money to buy dirty or rubbish story. before i forget best and solid printing, adetiajayi05@yahoo.com
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by SEA(m): 1:42am On May 05, 2007
You shared my vision.I'm a Practising journalist with one of the top newspapers in town as a freelance journalist.My candid advice is that you 1st embark on feasibilty study.Before that however,You need to be sure of the the followings:
1) The type of the magazine.E'g' News mag,sports mag etc
2) Your target audience
3) Unique Selling point
4) Your marketing startegy
5 The hands you want to employ for the production
6) Your Mission statement/what you stand for
7) Various sections of the magazine e.g Sports,News,Politics and so on

I'm ready toguide you if you solicit for my guidance.
Keep the fire and passion burning and don't give up until you get there
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by wizup(m): 12:09pm On May 05, 2007
@ sea

plz does one need to be registered to float a magazine or does the magazine need to be registered?
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by joshjosh(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2007
from my experience most media ventures live or die by marketing, circulation and advertising revenue. if you dont know what you are doing or have a person or persons who know what they are doing around you dont throw your good money after bad money. that said if you are going into general news be cure the political class are going to make sure you never go hungry. that i know for sure.

have a good day and God bless
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by spicywax(m): 4:14pm On May 09, 2007
hey every1, I tot this was supposed to be an open discussion board? SHARING OF IDEAS?
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by mailmalc(m): 10:42am On May 13, 2007
@SEA

I think you are right. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by Rodent: 8:50am On May 14, 2007
@ spicywax
isnt that wots hapeenin' here??
Re: I Would Like To Have My Own Magazine by spicywax(m): 10:27am On May 14, 2007
@ Rodent

Not exactly when peeps are telling posters to contact them 4 private information.

Sea's post (and your previous) is more like it - giving out info (e.g.)

(1) (Reply)

Need A Soap Wrapper Sealing Machine (manual) / What Business Can I Do With N1.4m? / Does Anyone Uses Diamond Bank Mobile App Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.