Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. (1243 Views)

BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / EKO2012: Anambra Stripped Of Gold Medal For Fielding Cameroonian Mercenary / South Africa's 800m Gold Medal Favourite Accuse Of Being A Man Before Race (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. by ajileko: 4:09pm On Aug 23, 2010
Please read.

In the girls' 100m final, Nigeria's Josephine Omaka, 16, took the gold medal with an 11.58sec run, ahead of American Myasia Jacobs (11.64sec) and Fany Chalas (11.65sec) of the Dominican Republic.

Said an overwhelmed Josephine: 'I'm just so happy, Before the race I was so nervous and was crying and praying to God to let these be tears of joy.'

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_569437.html
Re: Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. by mamagee3(f): 12:05am On Aug 24, 2010
That's really impressive of her for bringing pride and honour to Nigeria. . .

It really brings shame and reproach to people that think Nigeria have got no talent.
Re: Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. by ajileko: 5:45am On Aug 26, 2010
Very impressive. Never been done before.
Re: Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. by rume(m): 12:07am On Aug 28, 2010
mama-gee:

That's really impressive of her for bringing pride and honour to Nigeria. . .

It really brings shame and reproach to people that think Nigeria have got no talent.

such people are uninformed. It's well known Nigerians are good at sprints. How many athletes of Nigerian origin are world class sprinters running for other nations?

I watched the race and the gold medal was unexpected which made it more exciting. I thought "she would do well" but when she won , replay replay slow motion replay replay and then in the relay she doubles with a silver.
Re: Nigerian Josephine Omaka Won The Gold Medal At The Youth Olympic Game. by rume(m): 12:22am On Aug 28, 2010
just watched an interview of her after she finished the race on BBC iplayer and boy, am I proud to be Nigerian. heheheh.
She said "I've made my country proud" and she sure did!
She seemed so excited

(1) (Reply)

Snake Welcome Athlete In Delhi For The Commonwealth Games / Garrincha And Ronaldinho Who Is The Best And Skillful Dribbler In Soccer / Beware Of Fixed Match Scam By SPORT TIPSTER ARENA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.