Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,479 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos (12301 Views)

Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B / The Coming Boom For Freelancers / How To Make N150,000 Monthly From Your Jumia/konga Store (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by teragenesys: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2019
Nepa should give us steady light and you'll see how fast Nigeria economy will grow.

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Uglymugg: 9:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Wow, this guys don really grow ohhh. Jumai of yesterday. Hardwork pays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Dididrumz(m): 9:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Ok
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2019
jayson87:
Two ailing companies

WTF

Two ailing companies?!

Are you for real??!!!

I guess your judgement is coming from a prejudiced mindset. I wont take this serious.

2 Likes

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by banio: 9:51am On Feb 13, 2019
jimmylola:
these rogues that normally deliver substandard products? What you see on site is not what you get

You too fall for their fake product.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by homebase(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2019
chloride6:
Hmmm...

Buy at your peril.....

Are they selling fake products?

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2019
Template for legitimate fraud....loading....

Legitimate fraud..

Package, cook the books, falsify the stats and launch IPO, then sell your stocks and disappear with your cut. The new buyers will take loans, declare bankruptcy, and disappear with their own cut.

Then AMCON holds the bag.....empty...country loses.....collective wealth is about to be siphoned, in the long run.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Onnasucs1(m): 10:06am On Feb 13, 2019
Uglymugg:
Wow, this guys don really grow ohhh. Jumai of yesterday. Hardwork pays.
it's Jumia not Jumai (it is pronounced as Ju-mee-ah)

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Realdeals(m): 10:13am On Feb 13, 2019
Both businesses are struggling, they need lifeline.
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Kobicove(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2019
I would like to see the valuation report which states that Konga has a value of $3.2 billion undecided

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by dahmie2013: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2019
I'm seriously worried 4 MTN. This is not good news in a way, cos it is d sale of MTN's shares dat is prompting dis.

May God save dat company.

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by DigitalBot: 10:21am On Feb 13, 2019
This is good news.

You too can own yours very own ecommerce website and sell. Grow your business and who knows?

Read reasons why you need an ecommerce website.
https://www.nairaland.com/5019241/3-good-reasons-why-need
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by NarnieSnyper(m): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2019
homebase:

Are they selling fake products?

Don't mind some of these folks. They don't read product description before purchase. I know of someone who said he bought power bank and what was delivered was an empty case with just the PCB module. I asked him to show me what he ordered and discovered he selected a DIY empty case for power bank whereby you'd have to put your own battery not more than 15000mAh inside. It was clearly written in the description but he didn't even bother to read it just because he saw 15000mAh for N1,200.

I'm not saying they are 100% accurate in their dealings but most mistakes come from the customer(s) purchasing their goods.

P s I am not an agent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Sugarplum777(f): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2019
Join my signature below for sure winning games cool
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by wisdomkid: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2019
jimmylola:
these rogues that normally deliver substandard products? What you see on site is not what you get

God bless you. You will buy something for 300K, and you will receive a substantial product of 40K.

THE BEST way is to FKing block all Nigerian sellers and brings in white sellers.
Nigerians are their own enemies.

I prefer shopping with Quickteller on Amazon and spend thousands than on Konga or Jumia.

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by CLEVABOY(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2019
Their shipping rate is too high, The Money Aliexpress charges is far lower.
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by wisdomkid: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2019
NarnieSnyper:

Don't mind some of these folks. They don't read product description before purchase. I know of someone who said he bought power bank and what was delivered was an empty case with just the PCB module. I asked him to show me what he ordered and discovered he selected a DIY empty case for power bank whereby you'd have to put your own battery not more than 15000mAh inside. It was clearly written in the description but he didn't even bother to read it just because he saw 15000mAh for N1,200.

I'm not saying they are 100% accurate in their dealings but most mistakes come from the customer(s) purchasing their goods.

P s I am not an agent

You're saying gibberish. If you've shopped from this stores, you'll certainly know they're scam. Please abeg, swerve one side.
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by BedLam: 10:46am On Feb 13, 2019
NarnieSnyper:

P s I am not an agent
Dude. The customer is wrong but really who sells a DIY power bank knowing the country we live in ? If that's in some advanced country where people are different fine but e commerce is supposed to be tailored to the locals. How many people want to buy DIY power bank ?
That said, These 2 companies just want to exit. Nothing more.
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by edi287: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2019
Improve your shitty services before you think this big. I've heard terrible terrible things about those guys
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by owunabastard: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2019
Are you sure? because information I got is them partnering with one of the crypto coin for remittances business
GloShare:
Better be wise. They are folding up. Konga is gone already.

Ecommerce is not a Nigerian way of life.
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by GloShare(m): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2019
owunabastard:
Are you sure? because information I got is them partnering with one of the crypto coin for remittances business

Now that cryptocurrency is almost dead?

My assets once valued at $15k is now about $2k

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by jayson87: 11:17am On Feb 13, 2019
Bobugee:

WTF

Two ailing companies?!

Are you for real??!!!

I guess your judgement is come from a prejudiced mindset. I wont take this serious.

You say prejudiced mindset, I can tell, yo haven't seen the financials of both companies. Konga collapsed and was resurrected by yudala money. Jumia is on a record back to back bad financial year. Loosing over $10m in investors money

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by correctguy101(m): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2019
CodeTemplar:
why?

1 l.
Cos almost all their products are gotten from people who buy from alaba international market, inflate the price and supply Jumia. They barely have straight from factory products.

They deceive people with the " blah blah blah percen"t off but charge higher on market value of products and the fare is mostly inflated. So you end up paying more.

Makes one ignorant of the actual market. Plus it kills the fun in business negotiation (African style"wink) '( u know (8

E many Joe. Too lazy to bother about typing all here. Did dropshipping with them 3yrs back and almost cried blood when they returned almost half of the goods I dropped with them with claims that they couldn't reach the customer. Worse was seeing some of my products damaged.
Had to fill forms like say tomorrow no dey and the sweet excuse for refusing to pay back was that I didn't follow packaging rules. Worst is most of the goods ain't mine. Naso daddy take enter debt o. -sad

Like I said, the experience was terrible. Alibaba no even treat me like that.

SON of Nigeria is a real joke.

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 13, 2019
Make small change [money] reading nand posting news.
Try Wakanda. Its real. You can even make up to 20k per month or more. Depends on your availability on the site.
Register an account with us https://wakanda.ng/affiliate-register?ref=zicolsystem442
Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 13, 2019
I laugh in economics!!

Another MMM..

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:31am On Feb 13, 2019
Capensis:
Template for legitimate fraud....loading....

Legitimate fraud..

Package, cook the books, falsify the stats and launch IPO, then sell your stocks and disappear with your cut. The new buyers will take loans, declare bankruptcy, and disappear with their own cut.

Then AMCON holds the bag.....empty...country loses.....collective wealth is about to be siphoned, in the long run.
this got me cracking up

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:55am On Feb 13, 2019
BedLam:
Dude. The customer is wrong but really who sells a DIY power bank knowing the country we live in ? If that's in some advanced country where people are different fine but e commerce is supposed to be tailored to the locals. How many people want to buy DIY power bank ?
That said, These 2 companies just want to exit. Nothing more.

I am not arguing if they are going down or not, I am just trying to tell those guys to stop black-balling them (Jumia or Konga) without giving concrete evidence.

You are asking who uses DIY power bank cases. Are you serious? That is what most people go for these days. Instead of buying power banks with label of 10Ah but get below that when used. A lot of people use scrap laptop batteries that can be charged and replaced.
I have about 13 cells of 18650 scrap laptop battery of 2Ah each, with the DIY PB, i can fit in 5 batteries, charge them full, then replace them with another set of 5 cells. That's like 20Ah using one power bank case.
Try, it and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by NarnieSnyper(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2019
wisdomkid:

You're saying gibberish. If you've shopped from this stores, you'll certainly know they're scam. Please abeg, swerve one side.

Calm your balls, brother. Don't take out your anger on me. No need for the hostility.
Yes, I have shopped from their store and got exactly what I wanted....why, because I carefully read every detail concerning the desired product I wanted to buy.
Sorry about your loss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by jetroolowole(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ok maybe I'll consider having a store on Kings. But for now, I stand with Jumia

1 Like

Re: Boom For E-commerce As Jumia, Konga Plan $1.5b, $3.2b Ipos by Iyajison: 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2019
This scammers called jumia sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New CAC Online Portal / Why Failure To Pay Your Annual Returns Could Land You In Hot Soup With CAC / Dropshipping On Konga--- #2.3million in 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.