Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Caucasian With Ears. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Caucasian With Ears. (3198 Views)

Is It Too Late To Crop His Ears.pix / BUY ME BUY ME... American Pit Bull Terrier Puppies With Cropped Ears / Why Is My Dog Ears Standing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caucasian With Ears. by Floryangel8: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2019
I got a dog yesterday with the ear, I was told it can still be cropped but it is still ok. Expert what is your opinion. The Dog is 6weeks and 5 days

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by IamAnderson(m): 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
if that's what you want then you can go ahead, the puppy isn't too old to have it's ears cropped.
just do it on time don't wait for the puppy to grow too old for it
Re: Caucasian With Ears. by Floryangel8: 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2019
That is why am asking anything if I don't cut it, am indifferent about it.

IamAnderson:
if that's what you want then you can go ahead, the puppy isn't too old to have it's ears cropped.
just do it on time don't wait for the puppy to grow too old for it
Re: Caucasian With Ears. by adisabarber(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
Floryangel8:
I got a dog yesterday with the ear, I was told it can still be cropped but it is still ok. Expert what is your opinion. The Dog is 6weeks and 5 days

Maybe you should just leave the ears.

3 Likes

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by IamAnderson(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2019
Floryangel8:
That is why am asking anything if I don't cut it, am indifferent about it.

it's actually not compulsory, it all depends on you.
the ear cropping thing is just tradition, if you want your dog to still have it's ears, then their is no problem with it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by NAWTILIPS(m): 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
just leave the ears bro... dosent really matter. mine has its own in place n it still looking like it dosent sometimes... plus if u take care of the envt d dog grows up u wouldnt have to worry bout flies n all.

5 Likes

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by georgepopsii(m): 9:54am On Feb 14, 2019
Cropping a dogs ear is simply cosmetic, you don't have to if you don't want to. Besides you'll be saving about 7k

1 Like

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Crop the ears, if you don't, fleas will disturb that puppy if not now, later when it grows, fleas always love Caucasian's ears the most, and besides, they loook way better with their ears croped, so plz crop the ears of that puppy, it's not too late.
Re: Caucasian With Ears. by EddyNumerouno(m): 7:18am On Feb 15, 2019
mhd5757:
Crop the ears, if you don't, fleas will disturb that puppy if not now, later when it grows, fleas always love Caucasian's ears the most, and besides, they loook way better with their ears croped, so plz crop the ears of that puppy, it's not too late.

Baba which Kain analysis be this?

@op, ear cropping is done to prevent wolves and other dogs gripping a dog during a fight as ears are floppy and easily damaged.

Imagine two girls fighting, one with Brazilian hair and the other with a low cut. Can you already see the advantage of the 1 girl with low cut?

Ear cropping wasn’t done for preventing fleas. Caucasians, pit bulls, cane Corsos were bred to fight and so always had cropped ears in anticipation of a violent future.
You can still crop the ears if you want the traditional look (based on a history of violence ) or your dog can enjoy been born in a modern era so far it isn’t a ‘working’ dog.

3 Likes

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 10:06am On Mar 24, 2019
I checked Google and saw some reasons why people crop the ear. I think it has nothing to do with fleas

1 Like

Re: Caucasian With Ears. by BRATISLAVA: 1:39am On Nov 26, 2021

It has nothing to do with fleas. I don't even know why people remove the ears. Mine had ears and never had flies, moths or fleas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I AM TOKYO, the german shepherd. / Bobby Saxy Rules Pet Section Of Nairaland...if U Blive Drop Ur Comments / Now In Crunches Teesyn Dogs Fattening Crunches Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.