Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield (3052 Views)

Lagos State Number-Plate Recognition Camera Caught Man Driving With Expired Pape / Huge Block Of Ice Smashes Through Windshield In Northern China ( Video) / Motorists Driving With Earphones Risk Six Months In Jail – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by femilambor007(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2019
Hello Gurus,
What is it like driving at night with 15% tinted windows & rear windshield ?

Please the pros n cons based on your experience.

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Autoelectng
Cityngr
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks
Dav8king
9icetoo
Femilambor007

1 Share

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2019
Drive am first na...
I'm used to it and I love it.besides inside you see clearer than those outside

1 Like

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by avalon77(f): 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
It's like driving blindfolded at night. It's only safe to drive such heavy tint in the sunny afternoon. A trial will make u make up ur mind on it. If u know u know.

1 Like

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by femilambor007(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2019
Shibaraba:
Drive am first na...
I'm used to it and I love it.besides inside you see clearer than those outside

I've not tint it, just need to be sure before doing it that's why am seeking knowledge.
I know the day time can be cool but at night especially the rear windshield.
Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by valarinz: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2019
femilambor007:
Hello Gurus,

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Autoelectng
Cityngr
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks
Dav8king
9icetoo
Femilambor007

If you're not a very skilled driver and also know your routes very well, pls don't bother, its usually blurry.

3 Likes

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by DaV8King(m): 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
femilambor007:
Hello Gurus,

Cc:
Gazzuzz
Autoelectng
Cityngr
Heavenlybang
Radautoworks
Dav8king
9icetoo
Femilambor007

I personally use 10% tint all round on my daily driver, probably now a 12.5 or 13% due to age (had the film for about 4 years now). To answer you, I'll state the pros and cons below and then advise you.

Pros
.Super privacy
.Reduced cabin heat and A/C workload
.Street cred at checkpoints. The darker the tint, the more "oga" you appear.

This does NOT apply everywhere or to everyone o.
I live in Abuja and drive a relatively sharp whip (2013-) so it's a bit calm.

Tint your Golf 4 like that and approach NPF, you may end up paraded as a kidnapper grin shocked

Cons
. Night driving, esp. parking and reversing can be tricky sometimes
. Read the above again

Advice: If it's the first time you are tinting a car, either go for 25% or 30% to adjust to the "darkness" before going for 15%.

If you insist on 15% without mitigation, be ready to:

. Cut a mirror hole in the front windows and drive through same
. Have a very embarrassing accident to remind you not to be stubborn and drive blind.

My 0.02k there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by femilambor007(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
DaV8King:

I personally use 10% tint all round on my daily driver, probably now a 12.5 or 13% due to age (had the film for about 4 years now). To answer you, I'll state the pros and cons below and then advise you.

Pros
.Super privacy
.Reduced cabin heat and A/C workload
.Street cred at checkpoints. The darker the tint, the more "oga" you appear.

This does NOT apply everywhere or to everyone o.
I live in Abuja and drive a relatively sharp whip (2013-) so it's a bit calm.

Tint your Golf 4 like that and approach NPF, you may end up paraded as a kidnapper grin shocked

Cons
. Night driving, esp. parking and reversing can be tricky sometimes
. Read the above again

Advice: If it's the first time you are tinting a car, either go for 25% or 30% to adjust to the "darkness" before going for 15%.

If you insist on 15% without mitigation, be ready to:

. Cut a mirror hole in the front windows and drive through same
. Have a very embarrassing accident to remind you not to be stubborn and drive blind.

My 0.02k there.

Did you tint your rear windshield also?
Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by DaV8King(m): 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2019
femilambor007:

Did you tint your rear windshield also?

Yes sir. I tint all except front windscreen
Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by 9icetoo(m): 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
You will enjoy it during the day but struggle with it at night. It won't be easy. Hopefully you get used to it before you bash someone in your blind spot

1 Like

Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by finofaya: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2019
I have tint everywhere except in front. I find it difficult to judge speed and distance of oncoming cars through my sideview mirrors when I'm trying to get onto the road at night. The tint brings not just darkness but also blurryness, especially if they put the film on carelessly.

You can cut a hole in the film so you can see your side mirrors better, or you can wind down your windows whenever you need to see what's in the mirrors clearly.

Reversing at night was tricky at first cos you really can't see as much as you're used to seeing without the tint and your mind puts obstacles in those dark spots. Lol. Whenever you can, check for obstacles before you get in the car and start reversing. With my tint, using the rear view mirror is not an option so I wind down and use the side mirrors. It'll likely be the same for you.

Despite all of these I intend to tint every car I buy.

Good luck and happy tinting!
Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by femilambor007(m): 9:09pm On Feb 16, 2019
finofaya:
I have tint everywhere except in front. I find it difficult to judge speed and distance of oncoming cars through my sideview mirrors when I'm trying to get onto the road at night. The tint brings not just darkness but also blurryness, especially if they put the film on carelessly.

You can cut a hole in the film so you can see your side mirrors better, or you can wind down your windows whenever you need to see what's in the mirrors clearly.

Reversing at night was tricky at first cos you really can't see as much as you're used to seeing without the tint and your mind puts obstacles in those dark spots. Lol. Whenever you can, check for obstacles before you get in the car and start reversing. With my tint, using the rear view mirror is not an option so I wind down and use the side mirrors. It'll likely be the same for you.

Despite all of these I intend to tint every car I buy.

Good luck and happy tinting!

Wind down format grin grin grin

Thought of that too
Re: Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield by Mosesdaniel: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2022
1 Please my people can I tint my Toyota sienna 2007 drivers and owners side
2 do the tint film do fade

(1) (Reply)

CASTROL ENGINE OIL Re-launched Into The Nigerian Market. / Volkwagen Jetta High Fuel Consumption / Help Needed On My Crashed Nissan Maxima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.