Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,352 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Land Title Which Way Out! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Title Which Way Out! (1874 Views)

600 Sq. Mtrs Plot Of Land For Sale At Ogonbo Ajah. Land Title Is C Of O / Imo Concord Hotel Road, Two Plots Of Land,title C Of O. / A Land Title: Excision What Does It Mean(MR LAWYER HELP US B4 WE ARE BEEN DUPED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Title Which Way Out! by Aventures(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
Buying a Land is critical most especially in Lagos. therefore there is need to be carefull or better still involve professional agents( and not self claimed ones). Many people Know the land titles but do not know which title is applicable to a specific land. You need to know the history of a land before you can know the exact title that is right for the land you are buying. C of O is the ultimate title that attract the buyers , but there are some clauses to transferring of C of O, Also there is difference btw deed of assignment and deed of conveyance but most people assume it to be the same. Moreover any land title document without a lawyer seal and stamp duty is not valid in court, therefore it is advisable you contact professional agent or your lawyer.

shalom
Re: Land Title Which Way Out! by james1(m): 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2010
@poster.nice one.tell em.
Re: Land Title Which Way Out! by kamisco: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
So, what are the differences between a Deed of Assignment & a Deed of Conveyance?
Lawyer! Are you there? wink
Re: Land Title Which Way Out! by Aventures(m): 8:49am On Aug 26, 2010
@Kamisco, from the little i can say the Deed of assignment is peculiar to a land that has CofO and the deed of conveyance is peculiar to the land purchased from Original family recognised by goverment as the dwellers of that land and in a way the rightful people to convey iit to other person/people. There might be more to diffrentiating this two, cos i am a structural engineer into designs and construction with flair for property investment i have a property lawyer i consult on behalf of my clients they are in the best position to do justice to land titles
Re: Land Title Which Way Out! by kamisco: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2010
@Aventures
Thanks for your thoughful insight. In as much as I concur with your definition of Deed of Conveyance; I'm somehow bemused by your clarification on Deed of Assignment - as I'm inclined to believe that a Deed of Transfer will be more suitable for a transfer of ownership for a property that already has a C of O. This is my assumption to say that there could be more to describe a Deed of Assignment than we thought of.
Please have another go wink

(1) (Reply)

27 Kva Perkins Generator Urgently Needed / How Much Did Your Aluminium Roof Cost / URGENT REQUESTS @ YABA,OGBA,IKEJA,OJODU,BERGER,IKOSI-KETU ETC.08186161605

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.