Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) (1083 Views)

Plane Falls Into Water As Wing Walker And Pilot Scream In The UK (Pics, Video) / Nigeria Barred From 2022 US Visa Lottery / Taxify Driver Shows Up Tying Towel (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2019
A Jamaican man who won a lottery turned up in a mask to claim his £1million prize.

The man, whose name was given only as A. Cambell, wore a mask similar to the one from the movie Scream to claim his winnings. He said he did so so as not to be recognized by money-hungry relatives who would expect him to share the money with them.

Mr A. Campbell won the lottery in November last year but waited 54 days to collect his $158.4 million ($1.17 million US) prize from the nation's Super Lotto.

He said after winning the lottery:

"Normally, I would write down the numbers from the [televised] draw, eat and then go and check my numbers.
I looked at my ticket [that night] and ran into my bathroom and said: 'I won! I won!'
I want to get a nice house. I haven't found it yet, but I'll be looking for one soon. I like to handle money. I don't beg, I don't borrow.
So I'm looking at things that can turn over the money. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment. I love to have money.

A . Cambell isn't the first lottery winner to wear a mask while claiming his money. Lottery winners in the Caribbean country often wear disguises while collecting their prizes due to high levels of crime in the country, and fears that they will be hounded for money by family and friends.

Source:https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/02/lottery-winner-shows-up-in-scream-mask.html?m=1

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by XhosaNostra(f): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2019
Hmmmm...I can almost imagine the feeling of winning & making plans.

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by shams040(m): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2019
Wise man

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Wise decision there cause of parasites and liabilities in human form. Invest the money on something valuable sha.

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
Sense won't kill him.

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by Olalekank(m): 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2019
Congrats to Anonymous Campbell

I can see he's making lots of plan already on the money and he's towing another path which many Americans who get free money or inherited wealth follow.

The best thing is to invest that money on something that at least generates 10-12% PA while he works his normal job.

1m might seem like a lot but you'd be shocked at how fast the money would drown if spent lavishly!
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by dollytino4real(f): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2019
I go dey play all now both baba ijebu
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 12:32pm On Feb 13, 2019
dollytino4real:
Lol. Nah by luck jor.
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2019
collinsuchendu:
A Jamaican man who won a lottery turned up in a mask to claim his £1million prize.

The man, whose name was given only as A. Cambell, wore a mask similar to the one from the movie Scream to claim his winnings. He said he did so so as not to be recognized by money-hungry relatives who would expect him to share the money with them.

Mr A. Campbell won the lottery in November last year but waited 54 days to collect his $158.4 million ($1.17 million US) prize from the nation's Super Lotto.

He said after winning the lottery:

"Normally, I would write down the numbers from the [televised] draw, eat and then go and check my numbers.
I looked at my ticket [that night] and ran into my bathroom and said: 'I won! I won!'
I want to get a nice house. I haven't found it yet, but I'll be looking for one soon. I like to handle money. I don't beg, I don't borrow.
So I'm looking at things that can turn over the money. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment. I love to have money.

A . Cambell isn't the first lottery winner to wear a mask while claiming his money. Lottery winners in the Caribbean country often wear disguises while collecting their prizes due to high levels of crime in the country, and fears that they will be hounded for money by family and friends.

Source:https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/02/lottery-winner-shows-up-in-scream-mask.html?m=1
Correct yourself. Its Jamaican dollar not US
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 4:54pm On Feb 13, 2019
Ain't taking no friggin chances! Lol Safety first.
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by FruitCakes(f): 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2019
He's the definition of lucky

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by CuddleBear(f): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
nice one. I've never been lucky with this promo things
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2019
chai!
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by 2fine2fast(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2019
LMAO....
In Nigeria add Kidnappers, armed robbers, police, olosho.... To that list.
Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 14, 2019
Kilode someone cannur play with u again

Re: Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) by MyLottoHub: 11:17am On Feb 15, 2019
dollytino4real:

Correct, you fit play am for our site.

We dey give 1k bonus now, hurry go collect your own

Please I Need Directions / Private Companies Can Now Construct Roads In Nigeria, See Why? / Private Jet And Helicopter Charter Prices