Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

How To Make Kilishi - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Kilishi (910 Views)

Dis Food Sweet Well Well- UK Diplomat Salivates On Kilishi / How Is Kilishi Made? (pics) / How To Make Kilishi, A Northern Nigerian Beef Jerky (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Kilishi by sirlegend: 1:11am On Feb 15, 2019
Ingredients

1 small stock dice
ΒΌ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry cayenne pepper seeds

10 pieces wafer-skinny red meat
1 tablespoon suya spice (suya pepper)
three cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon cloves (Kanafuru)
A small piece of ginger

Notes
The beef you will use for Kilishi must be cut from the reddest part of the pork and not using a fat in any respect.
Cut the pork as skinny as possible. It is generally as thin as 3mm. The Mai Kilishis have the sharpest knife inside the international. Their capacity to reduce a huge blanket of beef so thinly is a ability that can not be rivalled.
Where I live, the butchers have an equipment for cutting beef into very skinny fillets. Unfortunately, they can not get a large blanket of pork so I manipulate the small pieces the size of my palm.
You can purchase the suya spice (suya pepper) in African food stores, you could additionally make yours. Visit How to make Nigerian Suya Spice for details.
By 3 cloves of garlic I suggest 3 small portions of garlic you get while you split a bulb of garlic.
Cloves is a spice that gives the Kilishi a unique flavour.
I used fresh ginger however you could use dry floor ones as an alternative.
You only need a small amount of salt. You may not even want it in case you do not eat a number of salt. Be careful when adding salt else the Kilishi may be over-pro whilst finished.
You get the dry cayenne pepper seeds through removing the crimson part of the pepper.

Prepare the Kilishi Spice Solution
Grind the cloves with a dry mill and set apart.
Peel the garlic and ginger and pound/grind into a smooth paste.
Add the floor cloves and crushed stock cubes to the garlic and ginger paste.
And a few water, stir and sieve to get an extract of these spices and seasoning.
Add the suya spice and cayenne pepper seeds to the solution, stir and set aside.

Directions below!

http://nigerianrecipes.net/how-to-make-kilishi/
Re: How To Make Kilishi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:36am On Feb 15, 2019
Good thread.

Thanks for sharing OP.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Pepper Soup And Yoruba Pepper Soup. / Grand Gold Foods / 10 Best Foods That Are High In Zinc (zinc Rich Foods)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.