Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi (12233 Views)

Twitter Suspension: Why You Must Steer Clear Of Free VPN / 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Skip Android Updates On Your Device / Top Reasons To Use Airplane Mode Even When You’re Not Flying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by mikeycharles(m): 4:33am On Feb 18, 2019
5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi

Poor Quality Check

One problem with Umidigi is that it never properly carries out a quality check on all the units it produces. It took just a month and a half for it to move from the Umi Plus E to the Umi Z…that is just insane especially when there are loads of issues in the former. When top manufacturers experience issues with a particular product, you will often find out that the issue is consistent over the millions of units it produces thus 99% of customers who purchase the device will have the same complaint. This is normal because once in a while, a manufacturer may have difficulty with a particular feature. With Umidigi, this is not the case.

It appears the different units of Umidigi smartphones from the same batch experiences different problems which clearly shows that the company is always in a hurry to couple a smartphone and send it to the market thus the quality of each unit you find in the market is not guaranteed while they all sell for the same price. We are looking at a game of luck here with your money. If you are lucky, you get a unit that was properly checked but if not, you get trash.

Zero After Sale Support

The honest truth is that with Umidigi there is absolutely no customer support thus the much advertised Umdigi Crystal will not have any preferential treatment. The only time you can contact Umidigi is prior to buying the phone. Once the sale is done, you are completely on your own. Remember UMI Diamond? Less than 6 months after they started selling the phone, they pulled the product listing off their website thus leaving anyone with issues on this smartphone stranded at the time. Umidigi releases a new phone every month or two, the older devices which are just a few months old by the way gets left behind. As far as I know, this is probably a strategy to create a distraction from its woes as customers will anticipate that the new product will be better but it never gets better save for its appearance which of course is copied.

Bugs & Software Issues

This is the greatest problem of Umidigi smartphones and it is all but certain that the newly released Umidigi Crystal will have the same issue. Let us take a look at some of the issues that have been consistently reported and as usual, Umidigi never do much to curtail the situation
Slow Screen Response To Touches

There are many complaints about the slow screen response of some units especially with the UMI Diamond and Umidigi Z. This usually starts from a few days to weeks after usage and in some cases, the screen will become erratic and even a factory reset does not solve this problem. We also have comment screen issues with some apps and games like PPSSPP and Tekken 6. Here when you click directly on an icon, you get no response and then you click astride that icon and you get a response. This is grossly unacceptable for a 2017 smartphone.
Random Pull Down Of Notification Panel

This has been experienced by users across most of Umidigi smartphones. After a while, the notification panel will keep pulling itself down even without any activity on the phone. It is very irritating because you could be on a chat and this pull down still occurs.
Connectivity Problems

Complaints on connectivity with Umidigi smartphones abound. It’s common to have a supposed 4G phone only ever showed a 3G connection. There have also been some surprisingly simple complaints with Umidigi smartphone. For instance, an Umidigi E Plus (this phone cost over $230) user lamented that his mobile data and Bluetooth connectivity are not working, These issues are damn simple even for a rookie and it is completely obvious that this is as a result of the poor quality check.
Super Slow Fingerprint Sensor

There is currently a video on Youtube which shows the Umidigi Z struggling with its fingerprint sensor. It takes two and sometimes three taps for it to respond. Secondly, you have to place your finger straight and directly on the sensor for it to respond, any slight angular deflection means no response.

Umidigi Crystal Umidigi Smartphone

Battery

Oh, I can’t forget that Umidigi batteries are crazily poor. It runs down like a waterfall and takes the whole day to charge fully. With low activity usage, you may get about 60% of a day if you are lucky. If you are a high-end gamer, please expect your Umidigi phone to heat up as high as 42-degrees (that’s the temperature of water I use in taking my bath lol) but if you are satisfied with low-end games like Asphalt, you will surely get as high as 38-degree heat up. This is so not fun for a smartphone in the 21st century.

Other Common Issues

We have gotten misleading reports of Umidigi smartphones being scratch resistant and from the slightest impact, a huge scratch appears. Camera quality is also another very common issue with Umidigi smartphones however, I want to assume that it will be able to fix that even though it is known for not doing much when complaints are made. There is also this report of a mysterious white line appearing on the screen after a few weeks.

A user once said

“I bought an Umi Z back in January. I cannot be more disappointed with it. Since I’ve owned it I have had many software issues such as Google Music not working, screen not rotating, data connection dropping, etc”

Another saidjavascript:void(0);

“Avoid the Umidigi Z Pro like the plague its a waste of money and time.”

“The battery drain is so fast that the rear of the phone gets so hot I was afraid it would catch fire”.

Conclusion

This is an honest observation from Umdigi smartphones considering customers review. Every manufacturer has its problems but online, we have never seen such massive complaints from the likes of Meizu, Xiaomi, and even Doogee. Except there would be some sort of miracle, the Umidigi Crystal will most likely have many of these issues.

Source: https://www.xiaomitoday.com/5-reasons-steer-clear-umidigi-crys
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Blastedholligan: 5:38am On Feb 18, 2019
I never about all these and the hype people uilt around this brand, you'll think it's of great quality.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 18, 2019
Hmm. What a name.

Sounds like ugbomogbomo

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:13am On Feb 18, 2019
The more the device is hated, the more Umidigi seems to sell....

Brand bashers cannot believe the trend, buzz and growth, around this device..........

It's a free market, let buyers decide...........

All the listed issues, have not been experienced by modern day Umidigi users.......

Xiaomitoday writes a negative report about Umidigi devices, are we surprised??

It's an agenda, seems like someone is running scared......

Umidigi...... U ME DIGITAL......

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by mikeycharles(m): 6:29am On Feb 18, 2019
"Xiaomitoday writes a negative report about umidogi..."
But did they lie? Their phones are more or less trash and are not worth a penny. But of course your judgement can't be trusted since you're more or less their zombie, now who has an agenda?
Lexusgs430
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by busuyi44: 6:31am On Feb 18, 2019
This was written by Xiaomitoday sometimes in August 2017. So it may no longer valid for today's Umidigi phones

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by mikeycharles(m): 6:36am On Feb 18, 2019
I'm surprised this your picture wasn't taken with a Umigodi device but I guess even you know quality over trash.

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:36am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:
"Xiaomitoday writes a negative report about umidogi..."
But did they lie? Their phones are more or less trash and are not worth a penny. But of course your judgement can't be trusted since you're more or less their zombie, now who has an agenda?
Lexusgs430

Zombie indeed....... Tell me what Umidigi device you have personally used?......

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by busuyi44: 6:38am On Feb 18, 2019
TechUtopia was once an antagonist of Umi phone but now an admirer. U can check his reviews on YouTube. Umi has transformed!! grin
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:39am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:
I'm surprised this your picture wasn't taken with a Umigodi device but I guess even you know quality over trash.

I have the freedom to take a picture with whatever device I decide to use......

It is not a secret that I use a Samsung Note 8 & Umidigi One Max, I talk about it openly.........

So what exactly is your point?.....

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:40am On Feb 18, 2019
busuyi44:
TechUtopia was once an antagonist of Umi phone but now an admirer. U can check his reviews on YouTube. Umi has transformed!! grin

A simple reason exists for this...... Umidigi has simply cleaned up their act........

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by mikeycharles(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2019
busuyi44:
This was written by Xiaomitoday sometimes in August 2017. So it may no longer valid for today Umidigi phones
This is from https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/umidigi.com and not a single positive review/comment

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:44am On Feb 18, 2019
busuyi44:
This was written by Xiaomitoday sometimes in August 2017. So it may no longer valid for today Umidigi phones

We know fake news is the order of the day...... Competition would always whip out sentiments, not understanding why their customer demand is drastically dropping and Umidigi's is rising......

It's simply an agenda by Tecno & Infinix agents........

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:48am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:
This is from https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/umidigi.com and not a single positive review/comment

That post actually tells me that Umidigi F1 is an oversubscribed device, very very very high demand and a customer complaining his device has not been shipped out......

Does a delay in shipment translate to a failure of device or brand in your world?.....

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 6:50am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:

They talk about poor website presentation? Have you personally visited Umidigi's website?.....

If you haven't, please do and drop a website review......

www.umidigi.com
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by hapheeyxz: 7:23am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:

Poor Quality Check

One problem with Umidigi is that it never properly carries out a quality check on all the units it produces. It took just a month and a half for it to move from the Umi Plus E to the Umi Z…that is just insane especially when there are loads of issues in the former. When top manufacturers experience issues with a particular product, you will often find out that the issue is consistent over the millions of units it produces thus 99% of customers who purchase the device will have the same complaint. This is normal because once in a while, a manufacturer may have difficulty with a particular feature. With Umidigi, this is not the case.

It appears the different units of Umidigi smartphones from the same batch experiences different problems which clearly shows that the company is always in a hurry to couple a smartphone and send it to the market thus the quality of each unit you find in the market is not guaranteed while they all sell for the same price. We are looking at a game of luck here with your money. If you are lucky, you get a unit that was properly checked but if not, you get trash.

Zero After Sale Support

The honest truth is that with Umidigi there is absolutely no customer support thus the much advertised Umdigi Crystal will not have any preferential treatment. The only time you can contact Umidigi is prior to buying the phone. Once the sale is done, you are completely on your own. Remember UMI Diamond? Less than 6 months after they started selling the phone, they pulled the product listing off their website thus leaving anyone with issues on this smartphone stranded at the time. Umidigi releases a new phone every month or two, the older devices which are just a few months old by the way gets left behind. As far as I know, this is probably a strategy to create a distraction from its woes as customers will anticipate that the new product will be better but it never gets better save for its appearance which of course is copied.

Bugs & Software Issues

This is the greatest problem of Umidigi smartphones and it is all but certain that the newly released Umidigi Crystal will have the same issue. Let us take a look at some of the issues that have been consistently reported and as usual, Umidigi never do much to curtail the situation
Slow Screen Response To Touches

There are many complaints about the slow screen response of some units especially with the UMI Diamond and Umidigi Z. This usually starts from a few days to weeks after usage and in some cases, the screen will become erratic and even a factory reset does not solve this problem. We also have comment screen issues with some apps and games like PPSSPP and Tekken 6. Here when you click directly on an icon, you get no response and then you click astride that icon and you get a response. This is grossly unacceptable for a 2017 smartphone.
Random Pull Down Of Notification Panel

This has been experienced by users across most of Umidigi smartphones. After a while, the notification panel will keep pulling itself down even without any activity on the phone. It is very irritating because you could be on a chat and this pull down still occurs.
Connectivity Problems

Complaints on connectivity with Umidigi smartphones abound. It’s common to have a supposed 4G phone only ever showed a 3G connection. There have also been some surprisingly simple complaints with Umidigi smartphone. For instance, an Umidigi E Plus (this phone cost over $230) user lamented that his mobile data and Bluetooth connectivity are not working, These issues are damn simple even for a rookie and it is completely obvious that this is as a result of the poor quality check.
Super Slow Fingerprint Sensor

There is currently a video on Youtube which shows the Umidigi Z struggling with its fingerprint sensor. It takes two and sometimes three taps for it to respond. Secondly, you have to place your finger straight and directly on the sensor for it to respond, any slight angular deflection means no response.

Umidigi Crystal Umidigi Smartphone

Battery

Oh, I can’t forget that Umidigi batteries are crazily poor. It runs down like a waterfall and takes the whole day to charge fully. With low activity usage, you may get about 60% of a day if you are lucky. If you are a high-end gamer, please expect your Umidigi phone to heat up as high as 42-degrees (that’s the temperature of water I use in taking my bath lol) but if you are satisfied with low-end games like Asphalt, you will surely get as high as 38-degree heat up. This is so not fun for a smartphone in the 21st century.

Other Common Issues

We have gotten misleading reports of Umidigi smartphones being scratch resistant and from the slightest impact, a huge scratch appears. Camera quality is also another very common issue with Umidigi smartphones however, I want to assume that it will be able to fix that even though it is known for not doing much when complaints are made. There is also this report of a mysterious white line appearing on the screen after a few weeks.

A user once said

“I bought an Umi Z back in January. I cannot be more disappointed with it. Since I’ve owned it I have had many software issues such as Google Music not working, screen not rotating, data connection dropping, etc”

Another saidjavascript:void(0);

“Avoid the Umidigi Z Pro like the plague its a waste of money and time.”

“The battery drain is so fast that the rear of the phone gets so hot I was afraid it would catch fire”.

Conclusion

This is an honest observation from Umdigi smartphones considering customers review. Every manufacturer has its problems but online, we have never seen such massive complaints from the likes of Meizu, Xiaomi, and even Doogee. Except there would be some sort of miracle, the Umidigi Crystal will most likely have many of these issues.

Source: https://www.xiaomitoday.com/5-reasons-steer-clear-umidigi-crys

Aswear, u are lying.... But y the hate sef?

Touching the screen it's like u aren't touching anything and never lag in terms of response.
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Busted.

Bad guy inspector general Lexus.

Laughing
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2019
Abuheekmat:
Busted.

Bad guy inspector general Lexus.

Laughing

Umidigi security guard on patrol........... Present Boss......

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Sgbate(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2019
mikeycharles:

Lol, u should know though that UMI is different from UMIDIGI, this Ur post is obviously copied from a very old page of some website, when I saw Ur topic I expected it to come from a current user of umidigi, am not surprised to see this tho, u were probably pained about umidigi growth and had to do some quick Google search on the brand to find reasons to down it cheesy
I advise u leave it to umidigi users as myself to list out their personal reviews on the devices..

Well next time do Ur research well before making a post like this
though..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by MartinCorridon: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2019
Sorry but the name "Umidigi" sounds too much like an Igbo product.... angry

They should change it to Oludigi grin

See what happened to companies who used Yoruba names for their products.... wink

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Mizik(m): 9:28am On Feb 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Brand bashers cannot believe the trend, buzz and growth, around this device..........

All the listed issues, have not been experienced by modern day Umidigi users.......

This post is old.
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Emily22(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2019
Let's face the fact,even the op never touch any umidigi devices...but you are fast to criticise..That's one of the characteristics of a foolish Nigerian like the op.

Review things practically not by copying a post and pasting it on nairaland to gain what...

Get the lowest umidigi device a3 and do a live review

Am using an umidigi a3 Pro @34,500 and I can say that am very happy with it

My next device is gome u7 which I will purchase next month...

The review u posted came from a rival company,so what do u expect...you can't praise your rival.

Note :my second phone is infinix hot 4 pro so I can't criticise infinix cuz am enjoying both.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by pat077: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2019
Emily22:
Let's face the fact,even the op never touch any umidigi devices...but you are fast to criticise..That's one of the characteristics of a foolish Nigerian like the op.

Review things practically not by copying a post and pasting it on nairaland to gain what...

Get the lowest umidigi device a3 and do a live review

Am using an umidigi a3 Pro @34,500 and I can say that am very happy with it

My next device is gome u7 which I will purchase next month...

The review u posted came from a rival company,so what do u expect...you can't praise your rival.

Note :my second phone is infinix hot 4 pro so I can't criticise infinix cuz am enjoying both.

is the gome u7 available on Jumia
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Emily22(m): 10:12am On Feb 18, 2019
pat077:
is the gome u7 available on Jumia

Yes sir
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Fierce11: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

True words.
btw, can you recommend any umidigi brand/model you think i should get?
I wanted to get the umidigi one pro as a surbordinate device but i was turned off by the sim slot.. I wanted to use an extra sdcard to support the phone memory (i don't really like using the phone memory for storing anything) but the sim2 slot is also used for the sdcard.. Please can you recommend a better choice?.
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Feb 18, 2019
Fierce11:

True words.
btw, can you recommend any umidigi brand/model you think i should get?
I wanted to get the umidigi one pro as a surbordinate device but i was turned off by the sim slot.. I wanted to use an extra sdcard to support the phone memory (i don't really like using the phone memory for storing anything) but the sim2 slot is also used for the sdcard.. Please can you recommend a better choice?.

Umidigi A3 or Umidigi A3 Pro has 3 slots (2 sim + 1 tf card).........
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Fierce11: 11:10am On Feb 18, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Umidigi A3 or Umidigi A3 Pro has 3 slots (2 sim + 1 tf card).........
Alright.. Thanks. Let me confirm the specs of the a3 and a3pro.
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Lexusgs430: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2019
Fierce11:

Alright.. Thanks. Let me confirm the specs of the a3 and a3pro.

Main difference.......

ROM & RAM size
Notch
0.2 inch in screen ratio...........
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by dreamwords: 11:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I never about all these and the hype people uilt around this brand, you'll think it's of great quality.
Did you read what you typed, did it make sense to you before you post?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Newbreed2018: 11:47am On Feb 18, 2019
Umidigi the best device I ever bought. tongue
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by Youngsage: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
This op na fool sha... brb grin
Re: 5 Reasons To Steer Clear Of Umidigi by sheggsliveth: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2019
Leave the guy joor comparing 2017 to 2019 I don't even know those umidigi mentioned above....I use Umidigi and will still buy more IF YOU LIKE 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE IS THERE...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Install Whatsapp On Nokia C1 And Other Nokia Phones / How To Fix Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped On Your Android Smartphone / Please Stop Charging Your Phones In Public Outlets!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.