Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing (1064 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by LucemFerre: 8:09am On Feb 19, 2019
I just came across this 3D artist Ian Springs who made an unbelievably realistic model and his process was rather simple, I should say. No, not as complex as we would have thought. I still can't believe how realistic this model is.

You can read more at
https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/the-secrets-of-ian-spriggs-3dportraits

Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:04am On Feb 19, 2019
So you mean to tell me that this is a 3D model and not an actual human being ?
Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by LucemFerre: 9:30am On Feb 19, 2019
Psychodavidovic:
So you mean to tell me that this is a 3D model and not an actual human being ?

Hmm... Bros, I doubted at first too until I saw the making of it
Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:35am On Feb 19, 2019
LucemFerre:

Hmm... Bros, I doubted at first too until I saw the making of it

The level of detail in this photo ehn. shocked

The viens sef. shocked

1 Like

Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by meobizy(f): 9:41am On Feb 19, 2019
So?
Any computer can generate realistic still images nowadays.
Hell, even realistic moving images are achievable.
The movie Avatar was ten years ago.
It still stands the test of time today.
Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by LucemFerre: 10:46am On Feb 19, 2019
meobizy:
So?
Any computer can generate realistic still images nowadays.
Hell, even realistic moving images are achievable.
The movie Avatar was ten years ago.
It still stands the test of time today.

Any computer? Plus You ain't got no idea what uncanny valley is, do you?
Avatar's movement realistic? Hmm... Make I follow person wey know what they're talking about talk
Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by meobizy(f): 11:09am On Feb 19, 2019
LucemFerre:

Any computer? Plus You ain't got no idea what uncanny valley is, do you?
Avatar's movement realistic? Hmm... Make I follow person wey know what they're talking about talk
Ok.
Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by LucemFerre: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2019
Another one
Author: Unknown

Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by Psychodavidovic(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
LucemFerre:
Another one
Author: Unknown

Woow.

This is crazily amazing. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Look, Someone Just Crossed The Uncanny Valley. Amazing by LucemFerre: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ikr wink

(1) (Reply)

Digital Wedding Invitation / Get Your Own Pencil Portrait / Male A Professional Web Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.