Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Lemon & Hiv/aids - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lemon & Hiv/aids (4696 Views)

Lemon Is An Anti-cancer Food- Expert / Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 1:24am On Apr 24, 2007
During the International Spermatology Conference in Cape Town, Professor Roger Short a professor at the University of Melbourne who supports the theory that circumcision provides protection against aids came up with nature’s answer. According to him, lemon juice killed hiv in a test tube. The suggestion is that you wipe your penis with lemon juice after sex to prevent being infected.

Aren’t men always looking for an easy way out?

Use condom. No. Why? I don’t consider that as sex.

Do vasectomy. No. What if I want more children?

Do withdrawal. How easy will that be?

Okay, abstain when the woman is ovulating. Body no be wood.

If you choose to use the lemon juice theory, be smart enough to confirm your status and brave enough to cope with it after the enjoyment. If I were you I’ll take a preventive option before (not after).

But I’ll like to know your take on this and other theories.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by mandi: 4:17am On Apr 24, 2007
Nite Angel:

During the International Spermatology Conference in Cape Town, Professor Roger Short a professor at the University of Melbourne who supports the theory that circumcision provides protection against aids came up with nature’s answer. According to him, lemon juice killed hiv in a test tube. The suggestion is that you wipe your penis with lemon juice after sex to prevent being infected.

Aren’t men always looking for an easy way out?

Use condom. No. Why? I don’t consider that as sex.

Do vasectomy. No. What if I want more children?

Do withdrawal. How easy will that be?

Okay, abstain when the woman is ovulating. Body no be wood.

If you choose to use the lemon juice theory, be smart enough to confirm your status and brave enough to cope with it after the enjoyment. If I were you I’ll take a preventive option before (not after).

But I’ll like to know your take on this and other theories.

Trash!! Utter crap!!

This post should be deleted because some immature persom might actually take this as the truth.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by Ndipe(m): 5:00am On Apr 24, 2007
Why should it be deleted, if a test has been performed on the eradication of HIV through Lemon.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 6:46am On Apr 24, 2007
Thanks Ndipe,
I wasn't going to respond to the silly remark.

We were using our chewing sticks which prevents akokoro (decay etc), white man said chewing stick is better yet we haven't stopped visiting the hospital. We tend to prefer the serious responses to diseases. I'm very sure that nature has provided us with a simple solution which may still be locked up somewhere. Even if we can't wait for or take to nature, the law has provided us with a solution - remain faithful to your spouse.

I have no way of confirming that the lemon theory works; I'll leave that to scientists while I continue the vip up theory which works perfectly for me.

Mandi,
My idea was to open this up for discussion, it wasn't to encourage a show of ignorance. There are 101 myths out there about hiv/aids (I simply hate to magnify diseases by writing it in caps), if you are silly enough to add this to the list without adequate proof you have simply added another signature to your die date.

All,
I’ll like to know your take on the lemon juice theory and other theories in reference to combating hiv/aids
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by ruescho(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2007
So stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The virus already is INSIDE your blood and u treat your dick OUTSIDE when it already is too late!!!!!!!!!
and for the girl? Rub mango juice on her pus??
Ths stupid theorie can cost the lives of even more stupid people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 12:24am On Apr 25, 2007
As stupid as it sounds it is a theory put forward by a scientist. Saying yes or no won't change anything; get to the lab, read about it, ask questions, discuss it - that's the way to go.

Our mothers in the days of old asked people to wash their heads to cure mental illness and their palms to cure physical illness; it worked! Our fathers asked that we look back when we trip forward. Ever before the science of cause and effect they spoke about the witch crying yesterday and the child dying today. Chewing stick still cures tooth ache and tree bark still cures malaria.

It's an open ended discussion; lets do more than just huh
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 25, 2007
Our forefathers treated malaria with dongoyaro leaves. It sounded stupid until we found quinine was the major compound in dongoyaro leaves. Today quinine is the standard treatment for malaria.

How stupid is that.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by mandi: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2007
I bet the original poster is NOT a Nigerian! Coming here to spread lies!!! Taking about scientific crap!

I pray to the God Almighty that your hidden agenda will not succeed.

My people, please EDUCATE your self, know the facts.

HIV/AIDS is real.

http://www.warshooter.com/sites/warshooter.com/files/Aids%20In%20Asia%200001--12-08-04-IMG_2073ci%20copy-2.jpg
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by ruescho(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2007
davidylan:

Our forefathers treated malaria with dongoyaro leaves. It sounded stupid until we found quinine was the major compound in dongoyaro leaves. Today quinine is the standard treatment for malaria.

How stupid is that.

OK, I dont want to step down on traditional medicine cos it reaslly works to some extend.
But just take this into consideration:
in the days of our forefathers there was no such thing like HIV!!!
Try whatever u like to cure it, there is no remedy unil now, so u better prevent it.
Dont spread rumours about any self-appointed scientists that can cost naive peoples lives!
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2007
Go and read about it instead of classifying it as rumour. We'll talk about it thereafter.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by mandi: 4:52pm On Apr 27, 2007
Nite Angel:

Go and read about it instead of classifying it as rumour. We'll talk about it thereafter.

With this your lemon juice theory, there is no difference between you and a mass murderer. Are you even educated (likening malaria, chewing stick to HIV/AIDS is daft, very daft)?? You came here posting jargons, and I don't see you citing your source if there is even a source to cite.
Get off that internet cafe you are in and go back to your village!
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 6:44am On Apr 30, 2007
I actually thought there were more intelligent people who are able to carry on intelligent discussion without throwing daggers. I'm amazed, no shocked. If you get an information; right or wrong, the onus is on you to search it out. In the age of info tech seemingly intelligent people should refrain from displaying their ignorance.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2007
Let me clear your medula Mandi:

Sometime ago, the malaria that has now become a common ailment to you was a killer disease which sent a lot of people to their graves. Probably you're too young to know that. As unserious as you may want to classify toothache, it could result in cancer which falls in the category of your serious diseases. Common headache, if it is capable of killing should not be taking with levity; in refereing to malaria and tootaches I was not in any way diminishing hiv aids neither will I join you to magnify it. Someday generations unborn will classify aids and other epidemic as common.

Mass murderers who teach children to be violent leading to massacres are walking free where you probably live as an immigrant. Go back and read the thread; I put forward a discourse, I did not affix a stamp of confirmation or credibility on lemon juice theory.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by naijacutee(f): 7:22am On Apr 30, 2007
As I have not performed or witnessed the experiment for myself,I cannot verify its authenticity. However, I cannot help but question the method suggested. If lemon juice was indeed the answer, how does wiping the organ of an infected man after the act protect the man, or even the woman after the exchange of body fluids has occured?
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 11:37pm On May 03, 2007
I really don't understand it too but the researcher has more on it. Since you have asked (and not acted dumb like others who make hasty generalisation and uninformed comments) I would willingly provide links; while I don't support his theory I can't refute it since I am not a scientist.

If you ask me, I'll say it's better to play safe than to play smart; playing smart could very well mean playing dead.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s695723.htm

http://www.csiro.au/files/mediarelease/mr2002/RogerShort.htm

The question I asked at the beginning of this thread was simple and straight forward (But I’ll like to know your take on this and other theories) yet some people need binoculars to see; I wonder if that would help them read well.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by naijacutee(f): 9:26am On May 06, 2007
Interesting article, I must say. . . It's either that someone hasn't obviously looked into it or it hasn't proved feasible at all (Considering that one of the professors pointed out that the pH of lemon juice wasn't very far off battery acid). I say this because that article is 5 years old now. . .
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by donjohano(m): 10:00pm On May 07, 2007
Knee-jerk reactions to this idea aren't helpful. If people bothered to look at the websites which discuss this theory, they would find that there is a distinct possibility of developing a lemon-based contraceptive/anti-hiv spermicide sometime down the line.

The pharmaceutical industry won't like this at all.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by NiteAngel(m): 3:39am On May 08, 2007
Donjohano & Naijacutee, thanks a great deal.

It does help show that I'm not the only one with my perspective here. A number of people hear HIV and they just begin to rave and rant without taking time to look up stuff. I'm shocked that a number of people do not know about these theories. I guess we only really know what the media celebrates. As you suggested the pharmaceutical companies could be behind the lack of information; trying to nip it in the bud will translate to thousands of money for them.

I once told my boss that the rise and fall of polio figures in India and Nigeria could be simply a ploy to keep the money going. When there are no longer endemic areas then automatically funding for that disease stops so, Why are we not collaborating? Money!

The moment lemon theory for instance is carried to its logical conclusion with a positive impact there'd be a great impact on export and import beginning with condoms etc The least we can do is not to become oblivious of things going on around us. The more we talk about issues the more we become enlightened and encourage those searching for cure to go ahead.
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by whiteroses(f): 11:33pm On Jun 02, 2007
is this true or are you joking i really hope you are joking so seun quickly post this on joke section because some idiot guys might stoop using protection and you know how gullible our people are they'll belive anything so they might start practising the lemon thinking its safe abeg o
Re: Lemon & Hiv/aids by donjohano(m): 2:34am On Jun 06, 2007
@whiteroses - you have a point. I'm not advocating that guys stop wearing condoms. I'm simply saying that this "lemon juice" idea should be scientifically tested before people dismiss it out of hand. Meanwhile, ladies, insist that your man wears a condom.

(1) (Reply)

Fire On The Mountain!!! What Happened To Neo Medrol In Nigeria? / COVID-19 Update For September 27 2021 In Nigeria / Teeth Whitening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.