Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? (768 Views)

New Hosting Company Plus Domain Available For Sale / Best Hosting Company For Bloggers / Hi There Here Is A New Hosting Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by ucweber: 10:26am On Feb 19, 2019
Fellow programmers and webmasters.

I seek your advice on an issue at hand.

I contracted this dude here to help move my blog from free wordpress (sportowl.) to a paid domain. We agreed on a price and work was done (sportyowl.com).

Fast toward to yesterday, my blog account was suspended, I contacted him, and he contacted my hosting company (since he didn't release my details to me, he has to do on my behalf).

From the response, I realized I can't get my blog back on that hosting company. I registered for a hosting plan on namecheap, and told the guy I needed to move to a new host, he said no problem.

Now, the main issue, since I'm a novice in this field, I contacted a friend, who was willing to do the stuff for me, he asked I meet the guy to gimme my details.

I requested for my hosting details from the dude who did the registration and design for me, he gave me my Cpanel details and said that's all.

I logged in and was able to do anything on it.

This new friend said I needed to be logged in to Qserver to be able to move, as I can't do it on Cpanel, but the dude who handled the job initially said with Cpanel I can do whatever I want.

BEFORE I START UPLOADING IMAGES OF CONVERSATION, I NEED THE GREAT MINDS HERE TO HELP LOOK into this MATTER.

THANKS
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by yomalex(m): 11:31am On Feb 19, 2019
Backup your files in cpanel and database shikena
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by ucweber: 11:40am On Feb 19, 2019
yomalex:
Backup your files in cpanel and database shikena
how, please can you elaborate. Thanks in anticipation
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by etoluw: 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
ucweber:
Fellow programmers and webmasters.

I seek your advice on an issue at hand.

I contracted this dude here to help move my blog from free wordpress (sportowl.) to a paid domain. We agreed on a price and work was done (sportyowl.com).

Fast toward to yesterday, my blog account was suspended, I contacted him, and he contacted my hosting company (since he didn't release my details to me, he has to do on my behalf).

From the response, I realized I can't get my blog back on that hosting company. I registered for a hosting plan on namecheap, and told the guy I needed to move to a new host, he said no problem.

Now, the main issue, since I'm a novice in this field, I contacted a friend, who was willing to do the stuff for me, he asked I meet the guy to gimme my details.

I requested for my hosting details from the dude who did the registration and design for me, he gave me my Cpanel details and said that's all.

I logged in and was able to do anything on it.

This new friend said I needed to be logged in to Qserver to be able to move, as I can't do it on Cpanel, but the dude who handled the job initially said with Cpanel I can do whatever I want.

BEFORE I START UPLOADING IMAGES OF CONVERSATION, I NEED THE GREAT MINDS HERE TO HELP LOOK into this MATTER.

THANKS

you have to login to where you bought d domain (i.e qserver website ) then change the dns setting to the new host
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by yomalex(m): 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
ucweber:
how, please can you elaborate. Thanks in anticipation
compress your website files and download, download your database then upload to your new hosting. Need help? Will do for a token
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by wwwmaster: 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
Why not upgrage on so you will not lose the link juice?
Thereafter you can move away from WordPress cloud.
Thanks.
Re: HELP How Can I Move To A New Hosting Company? by bedfordng(m): 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
if you can access your domain , then all you need is to backup your site both the wordpress folder and database, then use that for the new host.

the only issue you would have will be the domain dns if you don't have access yet.

but I will advice you to hurry up and backup the wireless folder and database and then download to your PC before another story. you can use another domain if you don't have access to the old one. so it is important to backup the site first and wait for your friend to give you access to your domain.

(1) (Reply)

Another Easy Method To Get An Adsense Approval 2019 Have Been Discovered / Who Will Put Social Login And Register Facebook, Google, Twitter On My Blog / Opportunity Comes But Once, Click Here To Grab This Offer Before It Expire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.