Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? (816 Views)

Intels Sacks 600 Workers In Rivers, Warri / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / EFCC Uncovers 1000 Ghost Workers In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by Driiimzzz: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
I've been thinking of applying for a job there and was wondering what life is like working in that region. How safe is it? What frequent are alerts/attacks and do you feel that it's worth it? What's the work schedule like? Accommodation, transportation and all that?

If there is anyone in the house with this experience willing to share, please do.

Thanks.
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by heybeemoney(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2019
if you have opportunity to get a job with INGO in NE, bro please go for it. life is good with full security and enjoyment... av u ever hear that Boko haram attack NGO staff?... no, you will never get clear picture of what is going on here until you join the team.... you're welcome in advance

1 Like

Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by Raalsalghul: 12:56am On Feb 22, 2019
heybeemoney:
if you have opportunity to get a job with INGO in NE, bro please go for it. life is good with full security and enjoyment... av u ever hear that Boko haram attack NGO staff?... no, you will never get clear picture of what is going on here until you join the team.... you're welcome in advance
Hmmm.
Some questions for you:
Are you a staff?
Why do they always advertise. Is the employee turnover high? I find that suspicious and I'm suspecting due to the security situation there.
Worse still, you never hear of folks getting jobs there.
70% of their jobs are contract, why?
What's the probability of hiring someone that resides in the south. Guess an applicant should omit their address to increase their chances right.
What security measures do they provide for staff?
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:50am On Jun 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Hmmm.
Some questions for you:
Are you a staff?
Why do they always advertise. Is the employee turnover high? I find that suspicious and I'm suspecting due to the security situation there.
Worse still, you never hear of folks getting jobs there.
70% of their jobs are contract, why?
What's the probability of hiring someone that resides in the south. Guess an applicant should omit their address to increase their chances right.
What security measures do they provide for staff?

They always advertise because the workers in the sector are always struggling to move to another NGO with a better pay. I came here in 2016 and i have worked with 5 International NGOs. Till date, everyday i keep applying bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:53am On Jun 09, 2019
Driiimzzz:
I've been thinking of applying for a job there and was wondering what life is like working in that region. How safe is it? What frequent are alerts/attacks and do you feel that it's worth it? What's the work schedule like? Accommodation, transportation and all that?

If there is anyone in the house with this experience willing to share, please do.

Thanks.

It's Cheaper to live and work here. Although houses in Maid have become quite expensive, but transport is still very cheap. Baba keep applying
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by Raalsalghul: 5:54am On Jun 09, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

They always advertise because the workers in the sector are always struggling to move to another NGO with a better pay. I came here in 2016 and i have worked with 5 International NGOs. Till date, everyday i keep applying bro.
If the workers are struggling to move elsewhere, then that means working conditions must be somewhat toxic. No?

1 Like

Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:11am On Jun 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

If the workers are struggling to move elsewhere, then that means working conditions must be somewhat toxic. No?

Nope Example i have a close friend here who was earning 274k net and got a UN job of 835k monthly. Would you expect him to remain with his current employers? grin
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by Raalsalghul: 6:25am On Jun 09, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Nope Example i have a close friend here who was earning 274k net and got a UN job of 835k monthly. Would you expect him to remain with his current employers? grin
Nope!
What do these guys require exactly from prospective job seekers?
I've been applying, not even a regret mail.
Perhaps my location cos they always ask of it in the application process.
Or is it lack of relevant experience?
Maybe one can only get in through referral/connection.
In all, just want to know how a newbie can break into that sector.
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:43am On Jun 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Nope!

Experience bro at times. Tho ppl manipulate and twitch their CV to indicate an experience with a National NGO
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Nope!

Experience bro. Use a National NGO on your CV.
Re: Humanitarian Workers In The North East, What Is Life Really Like There? by Raalsalghul: 1:49am On Jun 10, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Experience bro. Use a National NGO on your CV.
Lying?

(1) (Reply)

Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020 Jobs At World Bank Group / How Can I Become A Database Administrator? / Is There A Banker In The House? I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.