Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Largest Universities In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Largest Universities In Nigeria? (31380 Views)

See The Six Largest Universities In Nigeria / See The Five Largest Universities In Nigeria / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Largest Universities In Nigeria? by donsity(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2010
Please Someone help me List The 10 biggest Universities In Nigeria (based on popular of the students) and their approximte number.
If you have facts, please also paste the link. but even if you dont have the link, no problem, just paste it if you fill you are sure.

Thank You.
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
In terms of number of structure and landmass, ABU is the largest in Africa it has a population of about 35K student with many campuses,research centres and etc spread over Africa. Get the fact from google by typing each university name,u'll get the answer from encylopeadia.
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by wisdomkid: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
for latest educational news, i mean latest Nigeria University and polytechnics news, i will always advice you to visit:

http://www.dailyschoolnews.com
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by sakaguchi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
LASU, 94,000+ students, Uniabuja 64,000+ students, I think the 3rd should be NOUN, I don't know yet sha, the rest, ABU, UNN, MAULAG, Unilorin, UI are all 35,00+. Take it, its from the recent needs assessment from universities in the country.

1 Like

Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by TechPros(m): 4:23am On Oct 25, 2013
sakaguchi: LASU, 94,000+ students, Uniabuja 64,000+ students, I think the 3rd should be NOUN, I don't know yet sha, the rest, ABU, UNN, MAULAG, Unilorin, UI are all 35,00+. Take it, its from the recent needs assessment from universities in the country.

Could you kindly share link or doc containing this data. Thanks alot
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by dayo23(f): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2013
sakaguchi: LASU, 94,000+ students, Uniabuja 64,000+ students, I think the 3rd should be NOUN, I don't know yet sha, the rest, ABU, UNN, MAULAG, Unilorin, UI are all 35,00+. Take it, its from the recent needs assessment from universities in the country.
grin grin grin grin grin.......the entire Uniabuja is not even as big as a faculty in A.B.U Zaria. Go to A.B.U you will undastand, they have the highest number of structures and the largest land mass which covers from kaduna to katsina, just imagine.Their faculty of Agriculture is the largest in west africa even larger than some university Beside that they have wide number of affiliated institution in which they award the degree. Beside A.B.U has the highest JAMB admission number followed by ibadan, they admit an average of 7500 t0 8000 yearly followed by Univ of Ibadan with an average of 6500 to 7000, OAU and UNN is 6300 t0 6500. This datas are directly wat was stipulated last year by the national university commission on admission quota allocation.

2 Likes

Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by sakaguchi(m): 2:06am On Oct 28, 2013
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by sakaguchi(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2013
This is for you @Dayo23
The chart also revealed that Lagos State University
(LASU) has the highest student population in Nigeria
with 90, 885 students followed by the University of
Abuja with 62, 528 students.
LASU received N250 million for the refurbishment/
renovation of existing hostel facilities; it received
zero allocation like most of the state universities for
the construction of new hostels. UniAbuja received
N3 billion total allocations according to the chart.
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by sakaguchi(m): 2:09am On Oct 28, 2013
dayo23: grin grin grin grin grin.......the entire Uniabuja is not even as big as a faculty in A.B.U Zaria. Go to A.B.U you will undastand, they have the highest number of structures and the largest land mass which covers from kaduna to katsina, just imagine.Their faculty of Agriculture is the largest in west africa even larger than some university Beside that they have wide number of affiliated institution in which they award the degree. Beside A.B.U has the highest JAMB admission number followed by ibadan, they admit an average of 7500 t0 8000 yearly followed by Univ of Ibadan with an average of 6500 to 7000, OAU and UNN is 6300 t0 6500. This datas are directly wat was stipulated last year by the national university commission on admission quota allocation.
Who is laughing now? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by lama64: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Uni abuja is the largest school when comes to land mass in west africa
Re: Largest Universities In Nigeria? by osram(m): 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Federal university birnin kebbi

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Only People Who Attend Obafemi Awolowo University Will Relate To / Sylvester Oromoni's Family Celebrates His 12th Posthumous Birthday / Niger Gov, Bago Revokes C Of O Of State-owned IBB University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.