Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents (13947 Views)

FG Workers To Start Receiving January Salary – AGF / Jumia Sacks 900 Workers To Reduce Cost Of Operation / Twitter Asks Some Sacked Workers To Please Come Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
ok all na risks with wicked ceos you pay with your emotional wellbeing while with bokoharam you pay with your life.

Yes oh Baba
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by ejovial: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2019
Geebanks:
Nigeria is finished

An outsourcing company in Lagos called @consolltd has refused to pay training allowance of 30,000 to it's new hires, because it insists that they must buy headsets at a rate of 27,000 to work.
More details below:

This issue is very serious. We where trained by Consol only to hear the MD saying we have to pay for the headset which we will be using to make calls for them.. Old agent to are not left out off this.
They plan to take off 6,000naira out off old agent salary while new agent will pay for 27,000 for new headset to work with. The most evil man (MD) still collect lease from company's for thesame headset he sold to his employees..

Airtelnaigeria, EKDC.MBPLc,NIPs,DKt,,BEDC, and other companies having their agents should investigate into these issue..

The MD always has a way of cheating his Clint's and staff that why they do not get good service for their money... Plss all corporate bodies and responsible agency should look into these matter.

Thank you.
@
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by ejovial: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2019
Stevengold:
And what If I already have a headset more than 50k nko? undecided

You must still buy the headset.. MD said its a must.. Very soon good know staffs will buy theirs Computers ands data to work for MD and collect 30,000 for a month
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by ejovial: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2019
Stevengold:
And what If I already have a headset more than 50k nko? undecided

You must still buy the headset.. MD said its a must.. Very soon god know staffs will buy theirs Computers ands data to work for MD and collect 30,000 for a month
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by otipoju(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
You see we humans don't like taking risks thats why we remain stagnant. We always blame buhari for everything but have you asked yourself why people still support him? He made some people rich and he made some people poor. The rich ones took risks while the poor ones relaxed and lamenting their woes. Do this people know what a call agent for airtel would do for their career? What is in 27k, when this 27k would help me in the future?

You have a point. In the sacrifice to get what you want thing.,However their treatment is inhumane by Console.

If your employees have to buy a work tool,which according to employment law the employer is meant to provide,Why not let them pay for it in 6 instalments of 5,000 each.

That way they are all guaranteed 6 months to get a return on their investments, and the company gains 3k on each person.

That would have been a lot more fair and profitable than hijacking their training allowance...which is exactly what it is...training allowance and not loan to buy headset that is not more than 5,000 naira.

Whichever way you look at it...it is stealing.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by Alexgeneration(m): 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
you are stupid if you think 27k is money.
You really need help but you don't know.

Will a bank demand that it's staff provide a vault for its business?

You think it's because of the money? We're talking human dignity here.

1 Like

Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by jesmond3945: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2019
Alexgeneration:

You really need help but you don't know.

Will a bank demand that it's staff provide a vault for its business?

You think it's because of the money? We're talking human dignity here.
what human dignity would you protect to the point of not taking charge of your destiny. I remember when I was despised and insulted just because i sought favour but looking back thank God for blessings. Even uptill now I am also despised and looked down upon by my colleagues who are foreigners would it stop from moving towards greatness? What of when I worked under inhuman conditions in Nigeria would it stop me from moving towards my greatness. Please don't promote cowardice. If you are too proud to make scarifices then go and open your business.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by kurlz(f): 3:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
Tychamps:
I am a victim of this issue.
imagine the MD even came into the call centre to threaten people and even tell them they must buy their headset.
This is modern day enslavement at it's peak.
Consol is a shitty place to work.

We asked then if they could subject their kids to this same treatment. They all went silent.

Wow! . Are you for real? That's too bad.

I served there in 2011/2012 batch B, I didn't stay back to work with them because there was no job security they can fire any body any time besides the pay was way too small for the stress then. Besides no value for their workers then. They pay 35/40k then. How much do they pay now?

1 Like

Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by jesmond3945: 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2019
otipoju:

You have a point. In the sacrifice to get what you want thing.,However their treatment is inhumane by Console.

If your employees have to buy a work tool,which according to employment law the employer is meant to provide,Why not let them pay for it in 6 instalments of 5,000 each.

That way they are all guaranteed 6 months to get a return on their investments, and the company gains 3k on each person.

That would have been a lot more fair and profitable than hijacking their training allowance...which is exactly what it is...training allowance and not loan to buy headset that is not more than 5,000 naira.

Whichever way you look at it...it is stealing.
i know the heart of a capitalist is exploitation. The only way is to be your own boss but if you want a career leap, getting a job at airtel is a good start despite the apparent challenge which is paying for a work tool.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by Alexgeneration(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
what human dignity would you protect to the point of not taking charge of your destiny. I remember when I was despised and insulted just because i sought favour but looking back thank God for blessings. Even uptill now I am also despised and looked down upon by my colleagues who are foreigners would it stop from moving towards greatness? What of when I worked under inhuman conditions in Nigeria would it stop me from moving towards my greatness. Please don't promote cowardice. If you are too proud to make scarifices then go and open your business.
If the blacks in America had this cowardice mentality of not standing up for their rights,I don't think they would have produced a President.

If Nigerians still exhibited this level of cowardice,they would have still be a colony.

Working under oppressive conditions is not any form of sacrifice rather it's a case of cowardice.

Trying to rationalize it just shows a high level of inferiority complex.

Let's stop celebrating cowardice mentality from our side and stop condoning wickedness from others.

P.S Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

1 Like

Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by kurlz(f): 3:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
calculator123:
37,000 Naira is too low sef for a graduate considering all the stress that was involved in getting an education. The company should be sanctioned by the appropriate authority for this modern day slavery. It is so unfortunate that NLC don't know their duties again.
sad

You talking about education that one is even too much. When I served there in 2011 many of us ran for our dear lives, the job was way too hectic and monotonous, many pregnant women lose their pregnancies then it even became a suspicion, no job security, and sacking people on several occasions for mere flimsy reasons .. If you also try to ask for your right you lose your job, In fact we preferred to stay home without a job than working with them.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by alliyuf(f): 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
i know the heart of a capitalist is exploitation. The only way is to be your own boss but if you want a career leap, getting a job at airtel is a good start despite the apparent challenge which is paying for a work tool.
calm down bros. It's an outsourcing firm. The training is even without certificate that other outsourcing firms that handle airtel call center gives out to the trainees. And before you leave you must give six weeks notice. who does that? A guy paid 84k because he got a job in a bank and he needed recommendation letter from them. they claimed he didn't give them 6 weeks notice. Call centre for airtel here is not the issue.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by myqel(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2019
jesmond3945:
see my brother is the job in Airtel guaranteed that should be your concern not what you are asked to pay. Only Airtel call center agent in your CV would do wonders. I have even myself faced worse but what I look at is the destination.
My CV already carries Airtel call agent however, we won't allow our value to be thrown in the mud, if we let this go now, they might ask us to buy Desktop, table, etc, to be used in the nearest future
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by myqel(m): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2019
alliyuf:
calm down bros. It's an outsourcing firm. The training is even without certificate that other outsourcing firms that handle airtel call center gives out to the trainees. And before you leave you must give six weeks notice. who does that? A guy paid 84k because he got a job in a bank and he needed recommendation letter from them. they claimed he didn't give them 6 weeks notice. Call centre for airtel here is not the issue.
God bless you..could you believe the man referred to us as disgruntled graduates, he even bragged that if he sacked us all, and put up vacancy, that 1000 jobless people out there would apply. The MD has no respect for Nigeria youths at all, he treated us as if we won't survive if we don't continue with the meagre paying job. I'm so happy we ALL raised our shoulders high to dump his job
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by calculator123(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2019
kurlz:

You talking about education that one is even too much. When I served there in 2011 many of us ran for our dear lives, the job was way too hectic and monotonous, many pregnant women lose their pregnancies then it even became a suspicion, no job security, and sacking people on several occasions for mere flimsy reasons .. If you also try to ask for your right you lose your job, In fact we preferred to stay home without a job than working with them.
sad, Nigeria is irredeemable
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by alliyuf(f): 10:37pm On Feb 23, 2019
myqel:
God bless you..could you believe the man referred to us as disgruntled graduates, he even bragged that if he sacked us all, and put up vacancy, that 1000 jobless people out there would apply. The MD has no respect for Nigeria youths at all, he treated us as if we won't survive if we don't continue with the meagre paying job. I'm so happy we ALL raised our shoulders high to dump his job
Don't mind the MD. he's running on debt and losing his ground that's why he is looking for something to hold on to in terms of exploitation. Some of the staff downstairs got alert of 6k when they received their salary some got 12k on Thursday. Imagine working for the whole month and receiving alert of 6k at the end of the month. You're in th stream 2a right? I'm in 2b.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by Stevengold(m): 4:52am On Feb 24, 2019
ejovial:

You must still buy the headset.. MD said its a must.. Very soon good know staffs will buy theirs Computers ands data to work for MD and collect 30,000 for a month

Jokers. They should increase the pay na. At least 100k.
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:49am On Feb 24, 2019
Console is a wost company even outce is a good company that pay Airtel cal center55 cailcentergotv 45 in lekki
myqel:
You don't understand what's going on here...you need to know how we studied and read for tests (about 10 in total) to pass to the final stage only for them to bring a policy that we have to buy headset(#27,000) from our training fee (#30,000), what they didn't tell us since we started the training 6weeks ago...this case is like asking a newly recruited teacher to buy board & marker to teach her students in school. We even lobbied that they could deduct the money from our next salary onward but hell No, what they want is our training fee...could you imagine that the MD even addressed us as DISGRUNTLED GRADUATES
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by myqel(m): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
alliyuf:
Don't mind the MD. he's running on debt and losing his ground that's why he is looking for something to hold on to in terms of exploitation. Some of the staff downstairs got alert of 6k when they received their salary some got 12k on Thursday. Imagine working for the whole month and receiving alert of 6k at the end of the month. You're in th stream 2a right? I'm in 2b.
Yes bro, Stream 2A (Team Emerald) smiley
Re: Consol Limited Demanding Workers to buy headset to work as customer care agents by alliyuf(f): 11:17am On Feb 25, 2019
myqel:
lol cheesy
myqel:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AEROSPACE ENGINEERS FORUM : Spacecraft, Aircraft Experts. / Interesting! Legal Diary: Legal Stories And Legal Opinions / Understanding The Japa Syndrome And What It Portends For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.