Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,670 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Chelsea Deny £33m Move For Real Madrid Right Back Sergio Ramos - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Deny £33m Move For Real Madrid Right Back Sergio Ramos (496 Views)

Are Jennifer Lopez And Sergio Ramos Dating Already? / Still Searching For The Ball Sergio Ramos Kicked Last Night / Is Essien A Right Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Deny £33m Move For Real Madrid Right Back Sergio Ramos by Kinezeala(m): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2010
Chelsea sporting director
Frank Arnesen has
personally assured Real
Madrid president Florentino
Perez they have made no
move for Sergio Ramos.
The Blues were linked with a
mammoth £33 million swoop
for the Spain World Cup 2010
winner earlier this week after
new contract talks stalled.
The reports are understood
to have been dismissed out
of hand by the Chelsea
hierarchy.
According to AS, Arnesen
stated to Perez that he had
been offered the player by
an agent rather than making
a move himself.
"It is absolutely false," the
Dane is believed to have
said.
"We haven’t made any bid
for Ramos.
"What did surprise us is that
a person called us on behalf
of the player to see if we
were interested in signing
him."
Ramos himself quashed the
rumour by declaring he
wanted to finish his career at
the Bernabeu.
Speaking to Marca, he said:
"There ’s no truth in it. I had
a dream of winning the World
Cup and I achieved it. Now I
have another: to retire
playing at Madrid."

(1) (Reply)

Will Arsenal Make The Super Four / Tevez Thinking Of Quitting Football / United, Spurs Desperate To Avoid Barca Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.