Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? (5010 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Microsoft 70-410 new Exam dumps ( Exam Questions and Answers) (2016) / How Much Do Nurses Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by yusuf2(m): 1:29pm On Apr 24, 2007
‘MCSE Holders Earn $70,000 - $100,000 World Wide’ How Much Do They Earn In Nigeria

I was meant to understand Microsoft Certified System Administrators/Engineers are not meant to accept a job which is network related that pays less than $70,000. This I guess shows the very extreme importance and benefit of obtaining the certificate.

But the issue for us in Nigeria is ‘How many companies can afford to pay an MCSE holder that kind of Amount’ not even considering the fact that Most Nigerian Based Companies, Enterprises and Business Ventures don’t know the true value of a Microsoft Certified Person ‘even the so called giant companies like MTN’. They seem to equate us to computer technicians who don’t know more than to install OS & Hardware.

What a shame and when we the youths who are suppose to develop the nation technically decide to go abroad, they say we are not Patriots. How many realizable ICT institute has been established? How many programs have been organized to develop the young minds ICT wise? Let us tell ourselves the truth here. ‘if our country is not ready to take note of us professionals by giving us the right intensives to join hands to make this nation a true giant of Africa, then don’t feel Guilty by heeding to an Invitation by other countries who offer to pay you appropriately according to your worth’.

Do u know a lot of countries ‘and I don’t mean 3rd world countries’ are willing to pay for your Visa, travel expenses and other things just by posting your resume ‘MCSE’ on the net.? Try it.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by stellose(f): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2007
you are right my brother , this country is tempting me. angry
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by firewire: 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2007
@yusuf,

dont say it too loud!!

psst grin, just gimme links, addresses, websites, anything, that i can use to get my ass outta here!!!
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2007
@ yusuf
i second that motion just gimme the links wink and we will sort out the discrepancies
later! grin
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by femi4love(m): 11:30am On Apr 25, 2007
It's true that MCSEs earn good money (or better) outside Nigeria, by God's grace I am one. It should however be noted that you need to have experience and skills to be able to earn that kind of money. My first IT job 8 years ago after qualifying ( without experience) was £20,000 per annum. I went on to qualify as a CCNA and also completed a BSC Hons - Computing. You need to choose an area of specialization as an MCSE, e.g Desktop Support, SMS server, Exchange Server, SQL server or recently WINTEL support etc. It's easier to make more money as a contractor than a permanent IT staff (min £18 per hour for the least of Desktop support Engineer).

Depending on your career path, you need to have good customer facing skills to be able to succeed in IT support, most especially if you are supporting non-Africans. You also need to be able to sell yourself and convince your employers that you are the right person for the job. However, don't be afraid because most of us learned and are still learning on the job and Rome wasn't built in a day. With prayer, hardwork and determination, you can realize your dream. that's my little contribution.

God bless.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by okeyz(m): 7:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
firewire:

@yusuf,

don't say it too loud!!

psst grin, just gimme links, addresses, websites, anything, that i can use to get my ass out of here!!!

ol boy u wan kill me with laugh  grin,  r u so eager to check out !! any way no be your fault men ,if u get the links find ya way but make u no forget us o
@ yusuf we too still need the link whether msce certified or not , me sef i don dey tire for the country after the last election. smiley
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by chubistone: 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2007
"@ yusuf" i feel you to the bone marrow. As for me, i'm not being mcse for this country. i've got plans, and nigeria isnt in it at all. Femi4love pls give me ur email address, i need to ask you some questions ok!. Thanx.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by walel: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2007
Its good to dream but reality is different you need a lot of verifiable experience and skills to earn that kind of money in the US it might look good on paper but what it takes to get there is not beans at all !
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 4:43am On Apr 26, 2007
As with all things monetary, you can't just do a straight conversion of dollars to naira. For one, cost of living b/w the 2 countries is different. Moreover, $70K in New York is not the same as $70K in Atlanta. That money goes farther in Atlanta than in New York by the way (again, cost of living).

I say let the market determine how much you are worth. If you don't like it, don't take the job. This will push the salary even higher. However, as long as we have those willing to work for pittance pay, your salary will remain low.

I hope this helps.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by boraddo(m): 9:35am On Apr 26, 2007
my2cents:

As with all things monetary, you can't just do a straight conversion of dollars to naira. For one, cost of living b/w the 2 countries is different. Moreover, $70K in New York is not the same as $70K in Atlanta. That money goes farther in Atlanta than in New York by the way (again, cost of living).

I say let the market determine how much you are worth. If you don't like it, don't take the job. This will push the salary even higher. However, as long as we have those willing to work for pittance pay, your salary will remain low.

I hope this helps.

my2cents ? how come you always have the right answer for every question?
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by alanbolo(m): 4:42pm On Apr 26, 2007
In addition to femi4love and my2cents,  I've been in IT field since 1996 and equipped with A+, MCSE NT4 and  2000 by year 2000 but no where did my salary comes to 70k with my little experience then.   As time goes by, I increased my networth with  more hands on and more certifications including Citrix Admin, but the bottom line wasn't my certification that moved me to higher salary rather, it's the experience and ability to sell myself.  

I've worked for and still working for Fortune 50 companies and I'm rethinking my professionalism due to corporate politics that avail in all these companies.  Your certification will get you inside but you need more than proving yourself to advance.  I think I'm done with corporate world and time to go solo.  

Just as my2cents  have said, the IT field is now saturated with bunch of pple with certifications who are willing to do your job for half your salary.  I'm even ready to relocate to a more freer state with less income and lower cost-of-living.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by my2cents(m): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2007
boraddo,

I don't know if it's a matter of having the right answer to everything or of me being blessed to experience a lot in my lifetime that I can safely/confidently speak from experience wink

Certifications are good, but at the end of the day, if you can't sell yourself, they are worthless. As I have said before, I know a DBA with 20 years' experience who failed MCDBA twice. Yet, I bet you that he makes more than the guy who just obtained his certification yesterday.

Certification should be used to gain recognition and not for money per se. That is why when I read posts like "12 year old get JAVA certified (not that there's anything wrong with it)", it to me trivializes the whole concept of certification.

alanbolo, your certifications plenty o! Kudos!! I know how corporate american politics is. It can be so frustrating, especially for those of us from "the outside". You are always trying to prove yourself even though you are probably the smartest of the bunch there. If you have the resources to go solo, go for it! Don't wait for all the planets to line up because, from my experience, they never will. Just close eye do am, again, as long as you have the funds not only to sustain yourself for at least 6 months, but to sustain your business as well. Good luck!
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by alanbolo(m): 7:56pm On Apr 26, 2007
thx 4 d true talk. Amazed at where yr footsteps have taken U for this short period of time. I guess it's been at the right place at right time. Kudos to yr careership. cool

@ yusuf, earning big bucks is okay but need to know how u'll survive with the income. If I tell u that 40% of my Gross income goes to Housing/Mortgage and Taxes "all" gulp 25% of my gross salary, what would you say? It's good to be certifiable and look for greener pasture but don't let the income alone be the determine factor. O'er in east-coast, it's very much expensive than in the south per cost of living.

The highest property tax and Auto insurance in the whole of USA grin grin grin
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by femi4love(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2007
yusuf_@, I hope you have heard the words of the "wise" and experienced. One thing I like about this forum or should I say I discover about it is that we give one another true and sincere advice. The road to success is not without it's hassles and ups & downs, but like I said you have to be determined and don't give in to temporary setbacks. (Talking from experience). Well done to all the contributors, you said right and I felt you spoke from your hearts.

@Chubistone, don't worry I will write you since you have your email address on your profile. Shalom!!!
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2007
pls dont lets think too much much about our bad situation.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by Ebirraman(m): 11:43am On May 05, 2007
@ alanbolo. I know someone who might need your help. He works independently and travels between, Miami, Atlanta and L.A. With your experience he sure can use your partnership. He is well certified in any imaginable IT field and quite exprienced himself.
Re: How Much Do MCSE Holders Earn In Nigeria? by alanbolo(m): 10:11pm On May 07, 2007
@ Ebirraman, hope u got my reply?

(1) (Reply)

20 Marketing Ideas For Real Estate Professionals / What Qualifications Do You Need To Become An Air Hostess? / Juremi Foundation Establishes Free Technical And Vocational Centres In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.