Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Being A Rape Victim Affected My Role As A Mother — Foluke Daramola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Being A Rape Victim Affected My Role As A Mother — Foluke Daramola (435 Views)

Mohbad: Iyabo Ojo, Kiekie, Foluke Daramola, Others Visit Commissioner Of Police / Being Crippled For Two Years Affected My Career – Actor Femi Branch / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being A Rape Victim Affected My Role As A Mother — Foluke Daramola by ItzChinnex(m): 4:36am On Feb 23, 2019
Veteran Actress Foluke Daramola took a very bold step in an interview with Saturday Beats revealing how she was raped at her tender age.

And in her recent interview with same Saturday Beats, she has reveal how her being a rape victim has largely affected her mother role most especially how it influence how she has raised her 13 years old daughter.

“I always enlighten my daughter about how some men can be when it comes to sex. Even when I am not around her, she always cautions men when they try to touch her in a way she is not comfortable with.  She tells me when she feels harassed by a man. She is out of the country at the moment, and people always call me to ask me how I trained her.

“In my days as a young woman, I couldn’t discuss sex with my mum; even till now, I still cannot do that because of the orientation I had as a young girl. If my daughter should get deflowered today, she will tell me because we are friends. I started discussing sex education with my daughter when she was six; I didn’t feel it was too early because she had a rapid growth.

“I was raped by my tenant because he thought I was older than my actual age. I am comfortable with my daughter being around men because I have educated her,” she said.

She also noted that, Rapist should not be spared, and if any of them is caught, he face capital punishment like being killed.

“I believe the government should pass a law against rape; rapists should be killed when they are caught. I don’t call myself a rape victim, but a rape victor. Rape victims become a shadow of themselves; they have no form of self-esteem, some of them even take their lives. When it happened to me, I thank God I had friends who helped me recover fast.

“When I came out to say it, people were shocked, but I am happy that after my interview, people started coming out to talk about their experience. It has been happening; it is just that people don’t talk about it. An abuser is always a product of an abuse. I’ll advise parents to always pay attention to their children and listen to them,” She Said

When asked about her vibrant role in politics, she said she would rather join politics to bring a change in entertainment sector rather than movie production that would yield her no profit.

“When it comes to contesting a political position, I am taking my time; I just don’t want to jump in without having a vision. I still do movies, but I can’t be working and having little to show for it.

“I want to do a movie and have something to show for it. We are advocating for a better life for ourselves as creative people. I would rather advocate for things to be right. I also have my family to cater for and other businesses to pay attention to,” she said

Source:
http://gistfam.com/being-a-rape-victim-affected-my-role-as-a-mother-foluke-daramola/4847/

Fynestboi, MissyB3, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Congratulates Buhari After Winning 2019 Election / Davido To Perform At Kayafest In Miami / Deeper Life Nyanya Regional Youth Crusade Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.