Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,323 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) (1876 Views)

The Expendables 3 Disscusion Thread / Step Up All In 2014 Vs The Expendables 3 2014 Which Earn More.. ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by kobikwelu(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2010
just recently watched the movie, the expendables,

i really must say, it felt  good seeing all those age old action stars all bunched up in one movie

the movie boasts of excessive violence and weak dialogue though

but a very high budget,

NLers, your opinions
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by calabaman(m): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2010
An ok film. .
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by Dolemite(f): 4:48am On Sep 01, 2010
kobikwelu:

the movie boasts of excessive violence and weak dialogue though
That is the correct formula for action movies.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by martin12: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2010
It is lovely movie, You must watch it, I have seen it 2-3 times and equally enjoyed every time, Must go for it,
http://www.film.fm/movie/the-expendables-2010-104649
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by darkey(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
Idon't know why cinemas havent started showing it, or am i stale?
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by sweetguy10(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2010
Th movie is cool though I dont like Dolph lundgren's role in the movie . I was expecting to see more of Mickey rourke(toole) in the movie as well and I don't like stone cold (my all time favorite wrestler) playing a villain in the movie and getting hiss ass punched by Randy couture ( another crazy wrestler though) , Anyway the movie is cool . Jason statham is at his best and i like the way stallone and statham get at each other . cool movie wink
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by Hardballer(m): 1:19pm On Sep 05, 2010
i liked the whole mix of actors good action scenes though not as intense as , crank 2 but still pretty good action flick too ba d arnold was just a cameo , jet li was awesome too but statham was the best
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by Nobody: 1:19am On Sep 06, 2010
great flick although we can see that some of these actors have well passed their time to be doing action movies.

btw what was wrong with Jean Claude Van Damme when he turned down the offer to play in this movie?! WTF!
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by obinna5000(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2010
I prefer THE A-TEAM a little bit. THE EXPENDABLES was lacking seriously in terms of story. But I liked Terry Crews' gun in the film. wink
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by sweetguy10(m): 9:42am On Sep 06, 2010
obinna5000:

I prefer THE A-TEAM a little bit. THE EXPENDABLES was lacking seriously in terms of story. But I liked Terry Crews' gun in the film. wink

Yes oooooo the guy's gun dey tear wood with much noise .That kind gun exist for real ?? anyway they tried sha at least they reached and passed the budgeted money
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by kobikwelu(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2010
the movie is not a direct action movie,

its just meant to give us that nostalgic feeling of the glory days of old

the writing was not that cool, but i felt 10-15 younger watching my childhood action heroes,

my best scene was the arnold cameo,

arnold: lets have dinner sometimes

sly:when?

arnold: a thousand years

sly: too soon
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

for me, the movie was just too nostalgic

BTW how cud vandamme opt out (bad belle)
his prescence would have made it a complete cast,

but mehhnnn these guys don old oooo
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by sweetguy10(m): 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2010
kobikwelu:

the writing was not that cool, but i felt 10-15 younger watching my childhood action heroes,

Nice one but are you not pissed about Dolph lundgren's role in the movie ? and who do you think is better between him and Jet lee thought he almost killed lee. Statham was the best guy there . His moves're hot and I was expecting to see more of Mikey rourke as well . I was expecting to see more of jet lee and dolph lungren too , and my dear stone cold was a villain sad sad

Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by sweetguy10(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2010
kobikwelu:

Nice one but are you not pissed about Dolph lundgren's role in the movie ? and who do you think is better between him and Jet lee thought he almost killed lee. Statham was the best guy there . His moves're hot and I was expecting to see more of Mikey rourke as well . I was expecting to see more of jet lee and dolph lungren too , and my dear stone cold was a villain embarassed embarassed
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by obinna5000(m): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2010
@sweetguy
Seems like Jet Li's favorite line in the movie is "I need more money for my family". cheesy
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by kobikwelu(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
but the violence in this movie is just eyepoppiing shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by davidif: 7:13am On Sep 08, 2010
I WANT MY 10 DOLLARS BACK FOR WATCHING PROBABLY THE WORST MOVIE IN HISTORY. THIS MOVIE WAS JUST AS BAD AS THE TRANSFORMER MOVIES OR WORSE, AS BAD AS THE MINDLESS, BRAINLESS 80's (AND 90's) ACTION FLICKS THAT WE USED TO BE MESMERIZED BY WHEN WE WERE KIDS.
IF ONLY I HAD SPENT THAT MONEY ON INCEPTION cry cry cry cry cry cry cry, TOO BAD ITS NO LONGER IN THEATRES CHAI, OMA SE O cry cry
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by kobikwelu(m): 11:50am On Sep 08, 2010
^^^^^

thats the point for the movie,

a nostalgic point at that

if not, how can u explain a movie that has rambo star, terminator star, die hard star, dolf lundgren? too bad vandamme was missing
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by JeSoul(f): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2010
Bad belle people like David abeg move to one side jare  grin

The movie had weak everything - plot, dialogue etc . . . but just seeing all those legends in one place was more than worth it  cool
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by davidif: 10:16pm On Sep 08, 2010
yeah, but i could have streamed it online, not spend 10 dollars shocked shocked on it.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by polyphasic: 11:46am On Sep 09, 2010
Well i think that everybody has liked the movie but i want to know that whos role you find the best in it.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by obinna5000(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2010
@polyphasic
Not everyone likes the movie. Its been getting mixed reviews from both movie-goers and critics.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On Sep 09, 2010
davidif:

yeah, but i could have streamed it online, not spend 10 dollars shocked shocked on it.
I spent $10.25. That should make you feel about 25cents better smiley
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by Darray(m): 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2010
Although it is weak in dialogue and stuffs,but seeing all my action heroes in one piece just did it for me.

I like the movie. cheesy
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by sweetguy10(m): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2010
Yeah statham was the best in that movie and I'm very disappointed in Lundgren's role in the movie . Jet lee is not in his best in the movie i dont like that either .
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by dejanu: 5:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
It`s a nice movie for people who enjoy violence, could been better
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by davidif: 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2010
By the way, did anyone see Inception? People are saying its a classic.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by JeSoul(f): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2010
davidif:

By the way, did anyone see Inception? People are saying its a classic.
Plenty of local NLders reviews here . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-262653.1664.html#msg6585869
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by obinna5000(m): 8:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
@davidif
"Inception" got an average rating of 85% on Nairaland Movie Club.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by bxg(m): 12:17am On Sep 16, 2010
where was jackie chan
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by knotty(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2010
the sentiments behind the movie weigh in tons of Gold.

i bet you will not get to see an awe inspiring moment like the Church Scene where you had Sly, Willie and wait for it, the Gov himself, Arnold! awesome!

can you picture a scene like that  in Nollywood?
nope!
they all act together for 100k/role.

but really, why did Van Damme turn down a role in that cast? why?
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by bjmighty(m): 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2010
That movie is classic. I mean d cast is classic. Did it for me. The church scene is my best. I love dat scene.
Re: The Movie : The Expendables: By Sly Stallone. (your Opinions) by remmy007(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2010
simply lovely cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Kwese TV Channels On Mobile / Check Out TSTV Office And Dealers In All States In Nigeria (photos) / How To Download/watch Spiderman: No Way Home Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.