Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

When To Take The Bold Step - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When To Take The Bold Step (499 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When To Take The Bold Step by yinka78: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2019
Good morning travellanders,
I've been a silent reader and guest for some time now.

Decided to join this morning to ask for your advise.

I'm trying to make a life changing decision here on whether to start the process of moving to Canada permanently now or wait till four (4) years time.

Here is a little background about me:
I'm 41 years old, married to a 32 years old lady and blessed with two kids (6 & 4 years old)
I'm a pharmacist working in a local government, my wife is a nurse (university lecturer).
My wife wishes to go for her PhD in South Africa next year (because it's relatively cheaper and it's a 3 year program), though she prefers doing it in Canada, but PhD is more expensive and it's 4-6years. She doesn't want a long thing as 'Nigeria' has shown her pepper during her MSc days.

The issue at hand:
Can we start the processing now and she continues to plan for her PhD in South Africa or we wait till she finishes her PhD hopefully in 4years time considering our ages?
If the process becomes successful before she finishes her PhD, that shouldn't be a problem.
She likes her job (I.e. lecturing) and wishes to work as a lecturer or in a research institute in Canada. Reason for considering her having PhD before making the move.
As for me, I can do any legal job that will bring food on the table.

Kindly advise on the best time to start, the average time it takes from making the move to landing in Canada (nothing has been done, not even IELTS), the average COST needed for a family of 4 (very important)
NB: We will surely use an agent ( I have my reasons)

Thank you.
Re: When To Take The Bold Step by yinka78: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2019
Waiting for your responses pls
Re: When To Take The Bold Step by yinka78: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2019
@justwise
Please help on this

(1) (Reply)

British Nigerians Discuss Elections: 2015 There Was Hope, Not Now / See How Much Boeing Is Estimated To Make On Every 737 MAX 8 Plane It Delivers / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.