Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,605 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

You Can Overcome Greed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Can Overcome Greed (425 Views)

The Greed Of Nairaland Writers! / A Simple Act Of Greed / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 148/overcome The Fear Of Succ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Overcome Greed by Darevofpeace(m): 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2019
The whole world is in great turmoil, why ? the lustful desires for wants instead of need's, people will do anything to acquire things that are not personally needed even for a space of 10yrs.
The cancer of greed has so much eaten so deep into human to the extent of the question Cain replied God is still been repeated "am I my brother's keeper" in my reflective study's, I looked around and saw that with my elementary geography, the whole earth 2/3rd is still covered with water bodies,so even at that,some part of the 1/3rd are still filled with desert (the sahara and others) then I begin to wonder if the whole earth population has 6.5billion human,even we can never exhaust the whole land on earth if we build our personal house's, I can give out several other instances as such.
Life is too short to live in greed and it destroys the cells of a man's destiny quickly, greed Start's from heart desires,when you begin to allow your thought to wander and then you begin to fix your eyes on thing's around and the quest for accumulation of ephemeral thing's comes in hand.Life is so big,we won't stay here forever, nothing ever made by human is meant to last forever, in my ethnic group,we have a proverb "he who finds an object and want to die for it,what would the person who lost it do" sometimes I begin to wonder how did we arrived at this point.Survival is now the latest event,I assumed it was only the rich that are greedy but I can see that the low life also has the cancerous cells in them but while those of the rich was brought to limelight by the change in status,the poor still concealed theirs and are waiting for change in there financial status.
Nowadays, when people are been called upon to come and engage in a task,the first question that they ask is what is my gain in it ? how can I ascertain your gain when you are yet to deliver your responsibility,the day we begin to understand that wealth is to be made in exchange of your contributory 'values' to your environment, then we are already on the path way to success,the funny thing about greed is that the person feels more empty despite the accumulated resources not needed,how do you measure a man's worth and life by the car's he ride's, by the million's in his bank account,by the house's he has built,by the frivolous spending,what has really happened to mankind ? is this what been alive is all about, the whole world is hurting really bad and we are making it more worse,"if anything you do does not lift others burdens up directly or indirectly, you are already wasting your existence on earth "
There is a vacuum in man called the 'soul' it comprises of his( will's, feeling's, emotion's, thought patterns) the soul of a man is the most critical of all,until men start to work upon the soul,we shall still feel unloved,unwanted, and bored again, nobody who has ever lifted somebody or is still doing such can ever end up as failure's in life,the whites knew this concept,they are a bunch of "value adding personality" you would hardly differentiate the rich from the poor,except the black hip hop gang's, I did my research,it was the black American's who brought glamour into hip hop music, I am talking of flaunting minted dollar notes,riding exotic cars,showing naked Butt's, popping expensive drinks and all that,the assumption the viewers have of such music video is that the artist is in money and most of this guys secretly do drugs to support there musical passion.
This attitude has affected the mind of the youth's and you start hearing nonsensical words of "small job, big income" who told you that ? a youth who is yet to discover his reason for existence and is depending upon his parents for everything and he only know the word 'responsibility' in the dictionary and he does not have a dream, plan's, vision,goal's about his future, when you asked an average Nigerian youth about there goal's, the reply is to "make more money" he is yet to make any money and yet he want to make more money,so many reasons why evil vices abounds now.
Ask him what trade do you want to learn ? he says nothing and he would keep staking all his little income on football bettings and predictions, did I said betting is wrong, No ! but the long run effect to the mind in years would be too damaging, people who bet lives in a dream land,they keep staking till they get stucked just like cocaine, students stake there school fees, I knew a boy who was sent by his neighbour to help him send some amount of cash to his younger brother,he went to stake the cash and lied that he was not giving the payment slip,greed starts from laziness,our politician are also included,is this what we want to hand over to our next generation,accumulate as many things as possible and step of any toes to do such,all this are still rat race,we need to change, to be continued.............
Re: You Can Overcome Greed by azizsystem(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2022
I love this article . Thanks sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dark Room - Episode 15 / The Travails Of A Yahoo Boy (episode 1) / Ways To Keep The Romance Going In Your Marriage After Having Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.