Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Cousins Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Cousins Getting Married (3469 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cousins Getting Married by juahjuah(f): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2006
Two first cousins get married to each other under unforseen circumstances,What would the other family memebers refer to the kids from that union as?
Re: Cousins Getting Married by dejiolowe: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2006
it cant happen to me; my cousins are too ugly!
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Scorpio(f): 6:24am On Feb 03, 2006
chai dejiolowe...that ain't right..lmaooooooooooo!
Re: Cousins Getting Married by dejiolowe: 7:50am On Feb 03, 2006
Scorpio:

chai dejiolowe...that ain't right..lmaooooooooooo!
ok, it can't happen to my cozins, am too ugly! does that sound better?
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Scorpio(f): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2006
Hell no, c.os i know where u're goin with that! cheesy
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Hotstepper(f): 10:14pm On Feb 03, 2006
men, why in da world would cuzzzins wanna get married? 4 Godsake, they r brother and sista.. r gurls or guyz lacking in da world now? kiss.plz noooooooooooooooo
Re: Cousins Getting Married by hotangel2(f): 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2006
You refer to their kids as cousin-ites.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Outkast(f): 6:08pm On Feb 06, 2006
That can be dangerous, there's a reason why it's not meant to be.
There was a lady from montel who married her cousin, her kids came out with some sort of bone defficiency.Like someone said already,man, y'all are siblings, leave your house and go out.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by SweetFlora(f): 12:47pm On Feb 07, 2006
That is really Incest,It's not possible.If i'm their parent,i'll disown them both.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by dejiolowe: 1:14pm On Feb 07, 2006
SweetFlora:

That is really Incest,It's not possible.If i'm their parent,i'll disown them both.
incest? when did coz to coz become incest?
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Motee(f): 1:47pm On Feb 07, 2006
I still wonder. I think this should be one of the reasons why we should try and know relations both far and near and that does not mean you have to be close to them.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by babymine(f): 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2006
They call it incest! N it so so wrong.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by dejiolowe: 3:57pm On Feb 07, 2006
read more about incest here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest
Re: Cousins Getting Married by alheri(f): 10:17am On Feb 08, 2006
juahjuah:

Two first cousins get married to each other under unforseen circumstances,What would the other family memebers refer to the kids from that union as?

well i think the other members of the family will call them retards or mutants or cousin siblings! It happens though, my friend married her cousin and didnt even have to change her name!
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Viper(m): 10:27am On Feb 08, 2006
alheri are u serious? shocked
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Motee(f): 12:15pm On Feb 08, 2006
alheri:

well i think the other members of the family will call them retards or mutants or cousin siblings! It happens though, my friend married her cousin and didnt even have to change her name!

@alheri: This is brother to sister's marriage or am I wrong? If your friend's family is not from China, have you ever asked your friend how they feel when they are together with all their relations especially during family weddings or birthdays? I am just curious!
Re: Cousins Getting Married by alheri(f): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2006
Yes, am really serious.Shes from Bauchi state here in Nigeria.She moved to bauchi after the wedding and I havent seen her since then. Lets say her name was Queen woods, it remained the same after marriage cause her husbands name(her cousin) was King woods. So there was no need for change of name. cheesy
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Viper(m): 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2006
lol...na lie jo!! grin
Re: Cousins Getting Married by alheri(f): 3:07pm On Feb 08, 2006
Viper:

cheesy...na lie jo!! grin

na you sabi. angry
Re: Cousins Getting Married by dejiolowe: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2006
it happened to alheri
Re: Cousins Getting Married by yemstrad(f): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2006
I don't think it happened to her but come to think of it, after i might have discovered we are cousins, i will find it difficult to enjoy sex with her 'cos my mind will be razing haphazardly when on top of her.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by alheri(f): 4:50pm On Feb 08, 2006
dejiolowe:

it happened to alheri

I didnt say it happened to me! I said it happened to a friend of mine.

yemstrad:

I don't think it happened to her but come to think of it, after i might have discovered we are cousins, i will find it difficult to enjoy sex with her 'because my mind will be razing haphazardly when on top of her.

Both families were aware of it. It was a family thingy so it wasnt as if they didnt know they were cousins. These things happen up north every day.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Viper(m): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2006
North? lol
Re: Cousins Getting Married by alheri(f): 9:33am On Feb 09, 2006
Yes, north of Nigeria. Its not too much of a big deal to some of my people there.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by omogenaija(f): 5:45am On Jun 22, 2006
aye yi ti baje gan. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

olorun a gba koso.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by desiree(f): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2006
i have also seen this happen, although they are not Nigerians but from another Afican country, they just refer to the kids as you would normally do ie my cousin's child/children.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by English1(f): 10:29am On Mar 06, 2007
It's legal in most of the world. There is no special name for the children. If your brother marries your cousin, those children are still your neices and nephews.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2007
It is perfectly OK in the Muslim world. Pakistanis especially keep it in the family.
How sickening.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by English1(f): 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2007
The idea of cousins doesn't bother me but I was very surprised to learn recently that in some European countries it is not against the law for brothers and sisters to marry! That's not to say that it happens very often or that most people would think it's ok of course, but I was surprised to find out that they wouldn't be breaking the law.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 06, 2007
Answering the question in point, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states:

"Marriages between first cousins are allowed in Islam. In surat an-Nisa' (4:22-24), Allah mentioned the women who are forbidden for marriage and then He said, "… Lawful to you are all beyond those mentioned, so that you may seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock…" In surat al-Ahzab (33:50), Allah mentioned to the Prophet that he may marry the daughters of his uncles and aunts from the father's side or the mother's side. It is the consensus of the jurists that this permission was not only for the Prophet, but it is also a permission for other believers. Muslims have practiced marriages between first cousins in all countries since the time of the Prophet.
Re: Cousins Getting Married by FactorChic(f): 1:07am On Mar 09, 2007
what?!!!! angry angry Cousins getting married shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Cousins Getting Married by breeolan(f): 9:02am On Jul 04, 2007
oh puleeeeeeeeeeeese, shocked

it aint right undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

My In - Laws Are Not Happy With Me. / See What I Made For My Daughter Just To Stay At Home (photos) / Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.