Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? (831 Views)

How To Start A Catfish Farming Business 2019 / YOA Is It A Good Place For Career Start Up / Start Up Your Own Career With Oriflame Cosmetics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2019
What You Need to Get Started In Fish Farming

1. Secure a Land - Any location is good since fish doesn't cause any environmental disturbance. Look for land where you can get it cheap and buy. Depending on the capacity you wants to operate on, half plot of land is just good enough for average fish farm.

However, you may go for something bigger like full plot or two if you can afford it probably for convenience sake. If you already have a compound with leftover space you thing can accommodate two or three ponds, you may use it.

2. Construct Ponds - You need to engage the service of expert pond construction engineer or you go to another fish farm to get the specification and construction requirements. The plumbing work must be properly done to ensure proper drainage.

Catfish-Ponds-in-Nigeria
Example of what fish ponds looks like. You need to visit fish farms to see it

3. Dig a Borehole - Adequate water supply is the lifeblood of fish farm and lack of it may result to disaster because water need to be changed on regular interval. Naturally available sources of water such as borehole and river water is the most suitable. Rain water and tap water from chemically treated source is not recommended for fish cultivation.

4. Overhead Tank - This is the water reservoir from which water is supplied to your ponds. This tank has to be connected to your ponds through plumbing system to make it convenient for water to flow into your ponds when needed.

5. Juvenile Fish - Get your juvenile fish from another farm that specializes in supplying it. You need to go for the high yield specie of catfish or tilapia and make sure you are getting it from a healthy farm.

6. Get Training - Not the kind of training you get from one day seminars; you need to get attached to a fish farm for proper apprenticeship. For you to properly learn this trade, you need at least two months training on this.

Remember that your investment is at stake, trial and error is not good in business except you have unlimited funds to experiment with.

Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2019
Visit the website on the flyer and be amazed
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2019
Still available
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 11:07am On Mar 14, 2019
Chat me up on whats app 08039454675
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 10:35am On Mar 18, 2019
Available anytime
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 11:27am On Mar 25, 2019
Chat me up on whats app 08039454675 for tips and ways to go about it
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 10:29am On Mar 29, 2019
People are making it, join me and smile your way to the bank
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is a way to create wealth for yourself, don't join others to complain about the hardship of the country, with little start up and some guides, you'll be on your way to the top...THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY, IT IS WHAT I DO AND I WANT YOU TO ALSO SUCCEED.
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 12:40pm On Apr 01, 2019
Chat me up on whatsapp 08039454675
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2019
The time is now.
Don't feel discouraged, try so that at the end of the year, you would be able to give accounts of your achievement and success.
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2019
Chat me up on what sapp 08039454675
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
Don't wait while others are making it, try it, take risk and see results
i assure you, you'll smile
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by Dannyscotty: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Learn ways on how to set up this business by checking the website on the poster above...
Get your self involved and stop complaining of shortage of cash...it's easy to set up and requires low capital to start up.
If you have more questions...
Re: How Would Learn How To Start Up A Catfish Business? by NairalandAngel(m): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dannyscotty:

Do you have a fish farm for practicals?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Shortlisted Candidates 2019 PDF DOWNLOAD / Online RPA Training And Career In Robotic Process Automation / Your Advice Mite Be The One That Will Make Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.