Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,009 members, 7,863,664 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

Fatal Smile - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fatal Smile (432 Views)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Last Smile. / The Smile Of Terror By Mbulu Mundia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Smile by DODO005: 10:46am On Feb 28, 2019
Fatal Smile

"I am sure there was no man born marked of God above another; for none comes into the world with a saddle upon his back, neither any booted and spurred to ride him"-- Richard Rumbold

Blurb

grin‘ Yes, Smile Guy, I noticed you sharing your smile with my woman?’ I heard the man demanded scornfully.
I kept silent and stared back thoughtfully at him, noting the sudden silence inside the bar as well.
‘ So, tell me, Smile Guy, You know her somewhere?’ he demanded in his soft but commanding tone.
‘No , I don’t ,’ I responded, wanting to say something and I noticed the attention of his woman was now on us.
‘ Then why the smile,?’ he asked with his wolfish grin.
I stared at him intently for some seconds and then gave him a broad smile. ‘ I thought smiles are suppose to be free.’ I responded, now getting bored with his questions and presence.
He thought over my statement with his snake eyes boring into me the more and then his wolfish grin again. ‘ Well, not here. We don’t welcome strange smiles from strange faces here,’’ he announced loudly and lit a cigarette then blew smolder of smoke across my face.
‘My apology, I never knew this. This is actually my first time here and I love the setting,’ I replied with a smile, aware of the various eyes on us.
‘ Then keep your smiles to yourself. I don’t like your face and I don’t like your smile. I hope you understand now?’ he commanded with a frown.

Tumba Kimba is a journalist who happens to be in the right place at the wrong time. He never envisage how a simple smile could lead him into one of the greatest challenges and discoveries of his life, until loneliness pushed him to the Calabash, a popular restricted club ,on his birthday.
It was a breezy cold evening and the flambouyant owner of the Calabash happens to be around with his beautiful woman and Tumba sees nothing wrong in sharing a simple smile with her as a mark of respect. But not so with Mr. Vitamin, the flashy and ruthless jealous lover who not only owns the Calabash, but equally controls everything and everybody around the exquisite Uphill Estate, including the police and other men and women in government.
Tumba’s smile was a mistake that must be corrected and the best way to correct it was to unleash his hanger-on and brutal thugs on him. But it was also a mistake on his part, as Tumba Kimba, is a die-hard journalist with penchant for trouble, especially big trouble with big people. So when he stumbles on an opportunity to expose his rich tormentor to the world, he digs deep and uncovers some can of worms. Dehumanized along with a battered frame, he set up a trap to get justice to his rights and dignity.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/_fatal_smile__adult_only_18/26003?fbclid=IwAR2cPhebAd3E-kFvFcYfc-c5ijJKzUw8u8F1qxb4NqCvSRRWiQ1pcybUnh0#.XHeeAqncY-E.facebook

1 Share

Re: Fatal Smile by coolape(m): 5:32pm On Mar 01, 2019
I loved the blurb of your book but the abstract cover art sucks. I got the message you were trying to portray but the graphics were not welcoming. which app did you design it on? if you bought it, you've been duped big time bro. I suggest you visit this Facebook page if you wish to buy cheap cover arts https://free.facebook.com/Torpedo-cover-arts-247183306185991/

(1) (Reply)

Dark Room - Episode 15 / Rhythm Of Your Heart / Toni Kan’s Nights Of The Creaking Bed Makes UK Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.