Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! (1289 Views)

Infinix S6 Pro - Are You Satisfied With The New Upgrades??? / Which Should I Go For Between The Redmi Note 7 And Umidigi F1 / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! by Matikho: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
These phones shame phones from many manufacturers that come with similar price tags!Value for money. Let’s focus on the Redmi Note 7 Pro and compare it to smartphones recently released by other manufacturers.

Key Specs of the Redmi Note 7 Pro

6.3 Inches display (1080 x 2340 pixels) with Gorilla Glass 5protection
QUALCOMM Snapdragon 675
6GB RAM/128GB ROM or 4GB RAM/64GB ROM
Rear camera: Dual 48MP + 5MP
Front camera: Single 13MP
4000mAh battery (18W fast charging adapter).

The price of this phone starts at approximately 196usd for the 4GB RAM variant, while the price of the 6GB RAM starts at 238usd.

The specs on paper are impressive for the price, right? It shames phones from other manufacturers within its price range, right?

Well, for example, let’s compare it to the recently released Samsung Galaxy A50. The A50 has a 6.4-inch display with the same resolution as the Redmi Note 7 Pro, Exynos 9610 chipset, triple 25MP + 8MP + 5MP rear cameras,25MP front camera and a 4000mAh battery with 15W charging adapter.

A quick look at the specifications reveals that the two phones are not far apart, as far as the specifications are concerned. The key differences are in the cameras, fingerprint scanners placement (the A50 has an under-display scanner) and the type of chipset used. Performance-wise, the two phones have almost the same power. However, their prices are far apart. Price of the Samsung A50 4GB/64GB variant starts at 282usd.

If you were to pick between the two devices, which one will you choose keeping the price difference in mind?

I’m yet to compare this phone with similar spec/price phones from other manufacturers. I’m looking forward to seeing how it will compare to similarly priced phones from Huawei, Oppo and other Chinese manufacturers.

I guess it must be true that Samsung phones are over-rated cool
Re: Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! by khalhokage(m): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
I would pick the Pocophone F1.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! by lanre316: 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2019
I love Xiaomi phones, but you can never deny the brand power of Samsung. Most people will be willing to pay more to get Samsung phone with the same specs or even lower than Xiaomi phone, (most people people are not geeks like us who pay much attention to detailed specs and whatnots). That's the power of branding and image perception that Samsung have. That's the way it is.

Besides you forgot AMOLED display of Samsung phones. You may not fully appreciate the vivid display until you compare it side by side with other phones.

So to answer your question, I will gladly pick the Samsung A50 and even tip the salesgirl some good amount of cash to show my joy for my brand new SAMSUNG phone.

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! by Patrick33(m): 11:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
OP samsung uses super Amoled..not just Amoled..thats the best display on any phone and its damn expensive..so don't blame them for not making the A50 exactly cheap...If i have to choose between the two ill still pick the samsung anytime anyday because it has Resale value over the xiaomi..Love xiaomi tho..the new Mi9 is lit

1 Like

Re: Redmi Note 7 And The Redmi Note 7 Pro Are Here -They Shame Other Manufactures! by Psychodavidovic(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2019
People always talking about Samsung's AMOLED display but i still don't get it or see it.

Are the AMOLED or Super AMOLED Panels better than IPS LCD Panel ? Obviously.

Would i pay more for an AMOLED or Super AMOLED ? Obviously Not.

At flagship level, AMOLED or Super AMOLED is like a given on all brands so you really don't give up anything else in return for that beautiful display. However, when it comes to mid-rangers, I'll rather take an IPS LCD panel with a more beefier Internal specification like better SoC, more RAM and storage etc.

This is my opinion though.

Btw, asides display, can anyone name a Samsung device that comes close to this when it comes to price to performance ? I'll wait. grin

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Redmi 7 Vs Samsung A20 / Pls Who Can Help Me My Iphone Just Went Into Icloud Lock / The New Tecno Spark 3 1g Ram 16g Rom Specs - Kingsoaks Technolgy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.