Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter (662 Views)

10 Questions You Should Ask To Yourself / 90-Year-Old Asked To Bring 1950 Appointment Letter To Get Pension (Pictured) / I've Passed Cisa Exam, Which Exam Shld Be Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter by yinkaoke(f): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2010
PLS HOUSE ANYONE WITH AN EXPERIENCE PLS ADVICE ME

Last Saturday I went to write an employment text organised by Esther Breakthrough Ltd after paying N100 at the venue of the examine, but to my supprise I received a text message yesterday afternoon congratulating me to have passed the text and I was expected to come for my recommendation letter tommorrow with N2,000.

Pls. anybody with similar experience before should advice me are they real or is this the new ways of recruitment by HR consultants.

Thanks I will really appreciate your comments before I fall foul.
Re: Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter by AjanleKoko: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2010
419!!!

Bone them. They are nothing but scumbags. Paying money for employment letter?
Re: Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter by refreshing(f): 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2010
Na wa o. This same Esther Breakthrough!!! So they are still in operation, exploiting job seekers!!! My friend, dont give anyone a dime. I know a lot of victims of this so called recruiting agency. I guess u took the test somewhere in Ojuelegba or ikeja, cos dr branches are located there. After collecting your cash, u'll be given a worthless recommendation letter to a company and i tell u, d company will tell u ur services are not needed. Check through ur tuesday guardian newspapers, (d page where u av several & choky vacancies)Esther brekthrough had been placing advert since God knows when. Na so vacancy plenty reach. Pls dont fall 4 it.
Re: Passed An Emloyment Test But Ask To Bring 2k For Recommendation Letter by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2010
regardless of agency, NO LEGIT AGENCY asks the job-seekers for money up-front. Here are the 2 scenarios by which a HR agency gets paid, both of them NEVER involving the job-seeker paying them prior to any action on their part.

1) Agency is paid by the company who hired them to find a suitable candidate for the position.
2) Agency, depending on negotiations made with job-seeker, gets to take a very small percentage of the job-seeker's starting salary for a determined amount of time (not longer than 3-6 months) likeable to a post-victory tribute.

An agency may choose to (and will most likely, if possible) earn money using both of these 2 methods, but anything outside of these parameters can be considered a scam.

(1) (Reply)

Website Direction / Rent y / Managing Your Money As A Career Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.